Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 11:40 Quote
modjoe23 wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:
modjoe23 wrote:

Never been to ride in Kelowna, when the weather improves what's a good spot to start?
2nd year in Okanagan, live in Vernon.

Smith creek is a must!

Crawford is also amazing.
Do you have any good loops you ride? Like 12+kms?
Bring on nice weather so we can ride Ellison!!

Up to to the top of vapour, back down, over to Flamingo flats then to the top of hillbilly. then back to top of connector and ride whatever short section of gnar that you can find back to the parking lot. Drink beer....

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 2:34 Quote
Hi all, I am relocating to the Okanagan and am debating whether to move to Kelowna or Vernon in terms of access to mountain bike trails? I am not into lift assisted riding or shuttling, but love riding singletrack trails, technical or flowy, and don't mind climbing...I wanna live in a place where I can access a lot of trails without having to drive (I used to live in Squamish and Whistler, and now in Whitehorse where there are trails all over the place). Any suggestions/advices? where are the best neighborhoods to live for easy trail access?

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 15:05 Quote
Contrary to the other thread, I think there's a decent amount of stuff you can ride to within Kelowna, and if you're down for it, over to West Kelowna. I live nearish Harvey and Gordon myself and Knox and Crawford are both definitely within a commute on an AM bike.

Only lived here for about a year, but I can say it's pretty rad. The locals are a little feisty, but I think it just comes from loving the valley so much.

A shuttle rig is going to be god though, Silverstar, Big White, and about a trillion great trail heads are lurking around. You're going to be climbing before you ride anyway, so might as well drive there.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 19:12 Quote
Yah you have lived here a year, you would know better than people who lived and shredded in the Okanagan for 20+ years....

Do you hear yourself type? Are you really that full of sh#t?

You one of those guys that thinks Sherbert is better than Ice Cream, hence the name... Bro, Vernon / North Okanagan destroys Kelowna any day of the week.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 19:21 Quote
Funny how Kelowna always compares itself to Vernon.. Go figure.

I turned safe search off and searched Sherbet... It was still only a lame version of ice cream.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 20:02 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Yah you have lived here a year, you would know better than people who lived and shredded in the Okanagan for 20+ years....

Do you hear yourself type? Are you really that full of sh#t?

You one of those guys that thinks Sherbert is better than Ice Cream, hence the name... Bro, Vernon / North Okanagan destroys Kelowna any day of the week.

All I've said is what I know, you can ride to trailheads from Kelowna. Keep the trolling rolling man. Feeling the love.

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:

Hey Hey Hey... There are some cool people in Kelowna!!

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 22:01 Quote
So I went for drive to find the trailheads in Kelowna and was wondering what the best spot to start at in Smith Creek is?
I drove to where there is space to park on the right near the trail "warmup" or can I keep driving and there's another good parking spot?

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 9:43 Quote
hey all, gonna be spending my first summer in kelowna this year. I got a dh rig and a dirtjumper, do many of you shuttle on this forum? and are there any good dirtjumps other than that garbage on Hollywood?

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 22:32 Quote
themtbking wrote:
hey all, gonna be spending my first summer in kelowna this year. I got a dh rig and a dirtjumper, do many of you shuttle on this forum? and are there any good dirtjumps other than that garbage on Hollywood?

Dirtjumping in Kelowna is nearly dead. Only private jumps remain.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 8:15 Quote
Thanks for the great advice people.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 8:59 Quote
modjoe23 wrote:
Thanks for the great advice people.

The parking lot is the trail head, you can/could skip the warm up if you like, by driveing up the road and park on the side of the road at end of it if you wish!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 9:21 Quote
cjwanner wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

Hey Hey Hey... There are some cool people in Kelowna!!

we are just abotu there CJ..., A couple more weeks and we can do some noble laps/ or myra canyon.... Slayer will be in my garage this week.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
Any Knox updates? Or how bout Rose Valley?

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 11:57 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
Any Knox updates? Or how bout Rose Valley?
Knox is good to go. The gate is closed for a while longer as always. Only wet parts are on the trail along the road with the rollers. Shale trail is dry

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030276
Mobile Version of Website