Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 12:23 Quote
es911 wrote:
modjoe23 wrote:
Thanks for the great advice people.

The parking lot is the trail head, you can/could skip the warm up if you like, by driveing up the road and park on the side of the road at end of it if you wish!

Thank you.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 13:59 Quote
Full Knox ride report w/ slow-mo helmet cam after you've tried it please Krow4Jeebus.

Please post in VRT , we need the Intel and lack current posts and information.

Have a good one buddy.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 15:29 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
cjwanner wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
Funny how Kelowna always compares itself to Vernon.. Go figure.

Hey Hey Hey... There are some cool people in Kelowna!!

we are just abotu there CJ..., A couple more weeks and we can do some noble laps/ or myra canyon.... Slayer will be in my garage this week.

Noble Laps in a couple of weeks? lol
You are a funny man VJ. Nothing in Noble will happen until May 1st at the earliest unless it involves hiking in snow. The picture below was Noble April 1st 2016 and it still wasn't rideable until 2 weeks after the pic. We've had double if not triple the snow this winter.

I'm calling it now. First Noble dirt tracks will be Saturday May 6/2017.

Only thing before that will be down low. Ellison, Lower Kal, Knox or Lower Smith Creek type stuff.

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 17:23 Quote
efornwald wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:
Any Knox updates? Or how bout Rose Valley?
Knox is good to go. The gate is closed for a while longer as always. Only wet parts are on the trail along the road with the rollers. Shale trail is dry

That make me so happy. Thanks!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 19:42 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
efornwald wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:
Any Knox updates? Or how bout Rose Valley?
Knox is good to go. The gate is closed for a while longer as always. Only wet parts are on the trail along the road with the rollers. Shale trail is dry

That make me so happy. Thanks!

Post the Slow-Pro please!

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 20:40 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
[

[[

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 20:43 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
[

[[

You had to one up XB didn't you... He actually posted in the wrong forum, thought this was VRT, this was even pre 1st Whiskey pour... XB slipping hard.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 21:25 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
[

[[

You had to one up XB didn't you... He actually posted in the wrong forum, thought this was VRT, this was even pre 1st Whiskey pour... XB slipping hard.

This is my house now.

Posted: Mar 22, 2017 at 12:12 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

[[

This is my house now.

KelownaJeff would probably disagree.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 16:49 Quote
I just moved here and I'm wondering how long till smith creek is good to go?

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 11:08 Quote
Calling all local riders, hikers and trail users. Sunday, April 23rd, at 9:00am West Kelowna Trail Crew Society will be hosting a trail day to clear debris on upper Rose Valley trails. Trails include Jabbarocky, City on the Edge of Forever, No Left Turn Unstoned, Daze of Roses, and any other needed cleaning on the west side of the valley which are in need of clearing of down trees and much debris left after winter. We will break into two or three groups and hike up to clear the west side of the valley. Before this date (April 23rd) ALL TRAILS ON THE WESTSIDE WILL REMAIN CLOSED. They still have lots of mud and water so to make riding better when they dry, we will abstain from riding until April 23rd. We're stoked to get Rose all ready for the season and hope you are too! Add it to your calender, April 23rd, at 9:00am!
Thanks, West Kelowna Trail Crew

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 11:08 Quote
soulless wrote:
it's going to be a while maybe four more weeks

Posted: Mar 27, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
DylanDaSilva wrote:
soulless wrote:
it's going to be a while maybe four more weeks
Cool ty for the update

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 3:01 Quote
Hi, guys, we are developing a web application to connect mountain bike travelers with local riders (https://www.mtbnb.co/). I'm posting here because we have many subscribers from BC and we also have been solicited many times by people who are looking for riding buddies in your area. What do you think about that? Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.050778
Mobile Version of Website