Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: May 1, 2017 at 21:29 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Santa Cruz is junk.

Isnt that the company that got bought out by huffy a couple of years ago? Pon holdings I think the mother company is called.

Posted: May 6, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
Anyone know if Knox is dry? I'm thinking it might still be soaked from all the rain.

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 16:58 Quote
juleous wrote:
Sweet finally lots of fun and interesting action on here, I for one have been around the okanagan a long time. Everyone worth anything knows K-Town destroys Vernon for local spots. Sherbet was pretty accurate in his analysis except for the exposed rock in Crawford, its always been like that fire or no fire. And from what I just read ridayobike needs to grow up, stop trolling. And please would someone go into whatever shop he works at and slap the shit out of him!

Theres a name I havent seen in ages

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 20:51 Quote
props to whoever does the trail work on knox that new drop in on simpson is sweet way more flow then what was there before.

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 21:23 Quote
I heard the road upto Knox was closed?
What is a good place to park to access the trails?

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 21:44 Quote
modjoe23 wrote:
I heard the road upto Knox was closed?
What is a good place to park to access the trails?
it's not closed I was just there

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 22:14 Quote
Ok great, cheers.

Posted: May 7, 2017 at 22:23 Quote
modjoe23 wrote:
Ok great, cheers.
No worries man just a heads up even though the trails are marked as bike trails people still hike up them.

Posted: May 8, 2017 at 9:08 Quote
soulless wrote:
modjoe23 wrote:
Ok great, cheers.
No worries man just a heads up even though the trails are marked as bike trails people still hike up them.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
soulless wrote:
props to whoever does the trail work on knox that new drop in on simpson is sweet way more flow then what was there before.
Yea I agree! It's a great start, much much better than before. I wish the jumps were just a bit bigger, but I guess that might be pushing the intermediate rating of it.

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 15:41 Quote
Anyone know what demos there are around here in the upcoming weeks/months?

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 15:53 Quote
SG-Mtn wrote:
wasnt intense cycles at crawford this weekend or next

Posted: May 13, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
SG-Mtn wrote:
soulless wrote:
Yea I agree! It's a great start, much much better than before. I wish the jumps were just a bit bigger, but I guess that might be pushing the intermediate rating of it.
yea i agree they could have been a bit bigger but its still nice that trail needs some more work imo from after the new drop in to the hill where the trail splits and merges again

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 7:27 Quote
soulless wrote:
SG-Mtn wrote:
wasnt intense cycles at crawford this weekend or next
Yea it was yesterday, I tried an intense acv I actually even made a test ride & first impressions/review video of it. If you're interested in how it rode feel free to take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8IESkFfxmU

Not trying to advertise or anything, just felt as though sharing it was relevant. Sorry to anyone annoyed by it! Confused

Posted: May 14, 2017 at 21:17 Quote
SG-Mtn wrote:
soulless wrote:

It's actually rated green.

Water sheets off the road and ends up running down Simpson trail so we were really only trying to fix that. I just sorta seized the opportunity and made what I could way better. The rest might get a face lift next year.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016454
Mobile Version of Website