Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 9:11 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Anyone got a review on Big White so far?

Not at all what they marketed it to be. A couple okay trails with lots of a green run in between. Great to take the wife and kids to, not somewhere ill be going for a typical park day anytime soon. They are opening another run after the enduro but it's not complete yet.

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 12:15 Quote
b-mcclelland wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
Anyone got a review on Big White so far?

Not at all what they marketed it to be. A couple okay trails with lots of a green run in between. Great to take the wife and kids to, not somewhere ill be going for a typical park day anytime soon. They are opening another run after the enduro but it's not complete yet.

Sounds like Silver Star propaganda, heard it was dope as Cheech and Chong still Smokin'

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 12:27 Quote
I haven't gone up to big white but from what I've researched it's pretty disappointing. I don't see much reason to pay for 2km of total trail (outside of greens).

Posted: Aug 15, 2017 at 17:48 Quote
give it time... rome wasnt built over night and neither is a bike park it takes time and dedication to build something like silverstar or whistler i

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 21:33 Quote
Tickets are $25, and I'd say you can have $25 worth of fun.

Posted: Aug 17, 2017 at 9:17 Quote
Time is the key for it. I will go back, but probably won't until I see some of the new trails open on trail forks.

Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 17:35 Quote
went and rode knox for the first time in a couple months and that trail needs some help, i hope someone has a trail day planned for it cuz it needs it

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 9:34 Quote
soulless wrote:
went and rode knox for the first time in a couple months and that trail needs some help, i hope someone has a trail day planned for it cuz it needs it
Which trail?

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:00 Quote
So is the Enduro scheduled for Big White this weekend just using the very limited bike park trails? I don't see any other trails within riding distance of Big White....

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:50 Quote
SG-Mtn wrote:
soulless wrote:
Which trail?

parts of simpson and the berms down the shale trail are mangled the berms are full of braking ruts and where simpson meets the DH line the corner there is so loose and washed out that you can barley keep control there .. i know its a heavy use trail by ppl of all skills but whats the sense of builfing something then letting it fall apart

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 17:37 Quote
soulless wrote:
SG-Mtn wrote:
soulless wrote:
Which trail?

parts of simpson and the berms down the shale trail are mangled the berms are full of braking ruts and where simpson meets the DH line the corner there is so loose and washed out that you can barley keep control there .. i know its a heavy use trail by ppl of all skills but whats the sense of builfing something then letting it fall apart

What's the point of pointing out a problem if you aren't willing to offer a potential solution? Maybe get in touch with the fine lads that perform the maintenance and give em' a hand.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 21:26 Quote
Drewnose wrote:
soulless wrote:
SG-Mtn wrote:

Which trail?

What's the point of pointing out a problem if you aren't willing to offer a potential solution? Maybe get in touch with the fine lads that perform the maintenance and give em' a hand.

i got no issue throwing dirt, whos the one that mantains it ?\

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 18:52 Quote
soulless wrote:
Drewnose wrote:
soulless wrote:

i got no issue throwing dirt, whos the one that mantains it ?\

MTBCo

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 4:39 Quote
whitehonky wrote:
So is the Enduro scheduled for Big White this weekend just using the very limited bike park trails? I don't see any other trails within riding distance of Big White....

The enduro series was promised first dibs on some new trails for this season. Suppose to be a 4 stage event. All the available details just got posted yesterday on the enduro series website

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 20:52 Quote
Bigwhite is fun but could use some more trails. If you like riding bikes it's fun

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025842
Mobile Version of Website