Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
after last nights storm there is now snow in top of gillard and surrounding slopes Frown

Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
soulless wrote:
after last nights storm there is now snow in top of gillard and surrounding slopes Frown
Oh god it's happening!

Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 14:31 Quote
SG-Mtn wrote:
soulless wrote:
Oh god it's happening!
indeed...winter is coming!!!

Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 21:32 Quote
I agree I need at least a month more of riding

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 11:16 Quote
I needa learn how to ride in mud and real slippery stuff, not just sand and dust... so I'm goin all year long. At least I'm saying that now before it's cold! Confused

Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 11:49 Quote
Yea winter here isn't bad. I just moved back from the kootnays and the trails there get like 4 feet of snow it sucks

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 22:18 Quote
Hey guys, in kelowna for a couple days visiting from Calgary, 6" travel trail bike, looking for something fun to ride, more technical then xc, something to kill 2-4 hours each day.

Any recommendations of areas and trails?

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 22:38 Quote
boostin wrote:
Hey guys, in kelowna for a couple days visiting from Calgary, 6" travel trail bike, looking for something fun to ride, more technical then xc, something to kill 2-4 hours each day.

Any recommendations of areas and trails?

smith creek: feel the love or sons of anarchy and santa revenge combo ... the climb isnt bad you ride holy pally up.
knox mountain : shale trail or simpson to shale is a good one.. rood ride up its 3kms roughly for a 5min decent
crawford: vapour and connector are fun but the pedal up can take a bit

Posted: Oct 13, 2017 at 20:37 Quote
Connector is so damn good, it's an absolute must ride top to bottom.

Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 17:02 Quote
indeed it is. anyone been up smith creek lately is there snow up at the top yet?

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 18:29 Quote
Thanks for the advice, ended up being a bit of s busy week, only got one ride in and a local took us out and did connector and it was awesome!

We where also recommend to do hill Billy, what's that like?

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 23:15 Quote
soulless wrote:
indeed it is. anyone been up smith creek lately is there snow up at the top yet?

Just a dusting of snow up there this morning. Cold as hell though

Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 23:55 Quote
petedran wrote:
soulless wrote:

Just a dusting of snow up there this morning. Cold as hell though

good to know im heading up that way in the morning. if you see a fat guy riding a chromag say hi lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018238
Mobile Version of Website