Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 21:01 Quote
SG-Mtn wrote:
Lower shale trail at Knox is in pretty good condition. I'd advise not riding the berms in order to keep everything in good condition. I did a lap on them to see how it was... it's not too bad, but it's better to just wait until it's dry. However, the rocky routes are perfect at the moment and are more fun anyway in my opinion! I'd definitely suggest heading out there, spring is here!
I'll update everyone with a video shortly.
I tried to ride today after the rain and its really muddy everywhere again. Maybe wait a day or two.

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 21:23 Quote
Rottie wrote:
Straner wrote:
Will both you guys report back on how they ride? I'm torn between the Slayer and Nomad 4.

Ya man for sure, you ridden the Slayer at all?
Thanks! No, just around the parking lot at Kelowna Cycle. It was a medium and I need a large, felt pretty poppy and playful, not sure if that's from the size or if that's just how it is! Really like the looks of both the Nomad and Slayer. I like the price on the Slayer better though haha!

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 21:46 Quote
soulless wrote:
SG-Mtn wrote:
soulless wrote:

Seen your bike for sale! What are you planning on riding this year?
That's where things get fun! I picked up a Slayer. Enjoyed photographing it over the long winter...
photo

sexy looking bike man!!

i got one of these last year. your going to love it. Im not so sure about the lyric yet but that is just personal preference.

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 21:48 Quote
Vorsprung air damper upgrade broz

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 8:12 Quote
I had a 160mm Lyrik on my last bike and loved it. So far the 170mm on the Slayer feels just perfect!

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 10:51 Quote
Straner wrote:
Rottie wrote:
Straner wrote:
Will both you guys report back on how they ride? I'm torn between the Slayer and Nomad 4.

Thanks! No, just around the parking lot at Kelowna Cycle. It was a medium and I need a large, felt pretty poppy and playful, not sure if that's from the size or if that's just how it is! Really like the looks of both the Nomad and Slayer. I like the price on the Slayer better though haha!

For me I had it narrowed down to the Slayer and 2018 Transition Patrol but hadn't really ridden either. I took a chance and went with a 2017 saved the money and cant wait till the snow melts

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 10:54 Quote
Rottie wrote:
Straner wrote:
Rottie wrote:

For me I had it narrowed down to the Slayer and 2018 Transition Patrol but hadn't really ridden either. I took a chance and went with a 2017 saved the money and cant wait till the snow melts
Ya I hear ya, the Patrol would be in my top 4 for sure with Meta Am v4.2. Time will tell!

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
Straner wrote:
You should check out the new Devinci Spartan too. I think it has better value than both those bikes. From a Canadian brand as well. The alloy models are even manufactured in Canada.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 15:59 Quote
Straner wrote:
I've only had it one ride on it, but I'll report back in a few weeks. It was great on the first ride, though!

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 18:58 Quote
Rode my Slayer as a park bike at Silver Star all last season. 180mm up front and Double Down casings front and back. So not a super light setup. I did take it out a couple of times for some shuttle runs with pedaly bits in between. Have to say it pedaled uphill pretty good for what it is. Even in the slackest setting with 180mm.
Move it to a little steeper setting with the Ride 4 and use a 170mm up front, which it’s designed around, it would be a decent all rounder. Make sure your shock does have the climb switch. When you stand and pedal she will bob some. Not bad but better with the switch. If looking to do a lot of all day big rides I would suggest something smaller. But if mostly shuttlin’ or just peadling up to get to the down the Slayer should fill your needs nicely.
That’s my honest 2 cent review.

Also try a Devinci Spartan too. Looks like a fine tool as well. I any case enjoy whatever you end up with.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 19:17 Quote
Awesome, thanks for the input!

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 19:23 Quote
Straner wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the input!

Giant Reign, and thank XB at the bottom when your high fiving bro's with your KOM on Stravas, and P.R.'s on every trail you ride... You won't be able to keep the chicks off you bro, because that is one fly whip!

Forget the lockout switch, excessive suspension bob is just a poor suspension design. If you are stuck on getting a four bar horst link bike: Get a Spesh Enduro, or New Norco Range, they have 29" options and have the suspension design and bike figured out much better. Or just get something with a good platform to begin with like a Reign.

Also new Nomad destroys all the bikes on the DH / Enduro style trails... Only one close is the Reign... New Nomad is a crusher of a bike! If you wanna crush, plow, dominate get a Nomad bro... They have some super good priced builds out now too.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 19:45 Quote
I'm waiting for more of the snow to melt before I get on zee bike againSmile

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 19:49 Quote
Praying for more snow... Still 2 more months of Sled Season...

Biking is alright, smashing pow, and f#cking sh#t up is way sikker. Brappp Life.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 21:00 Quote
Newbie to the kelowna riding scene here.. but id like to get some work done up at gillard and wherever else here pretty soon! Anyone got any dig/maintenance days planned for the next little while?? i figure its been warm enough lately to get it going

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020450
Mobile Version of Website