Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
You guys need to celebrate your rogue builders.

Cant celebrate what we dont have

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 0:36 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
Hey I just moved here from Edmonton and was pretty involved with building new trail/major maintenance projects out there. I am looking to get connected to community out here. Any recommendations on who to connect with.

Welcome to Kelowna.

I do maintenance for the Crawford area you can message me. In order to do maintenance you need to be a member of FOSS or MTBCO. Or both like me. New trail need to be approved by the provincial park, so don’t start building on your own. MTBCO does trail day, check their Facebook. I go do brush cutting and treefall removal during the week. I had a day all planned for a huge cleanup of the pink highway with FOSS president but the thunderstorm kinda cancel it. We are looking at rescheduling it later.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
k-towntrailryder wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

I dont blame them with that attitude.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 18:25 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

Loose lips sink ships bro

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
@k-towntrailryder thank you for Cam's contact, we are in touch and hoping to connect in person soon.
@Taouin thanks for the welcome. I will send you a PM and maybe we can connect on the trail sometime soon.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 13:52 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
@k-towntrailryder thank you for Cam's contact, we are in touch and hoping to connect in person soon.
@Taouin thanks for the welcome. I will send you a PM and maybe we can connect on the trail sometime soon.

Anytime!

Wish I could be there to help but I'm stuck up in the cariboo till the fall.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
Hey they are still looking for volunteers for the biggest mountain bike party in the okanagan. FMBC gold event at Big White check out big white website for more info. Course is bigger than crankworks with better views. and the weather looks good for the weekend. oh yeah and I am pretty sure there is volly party and prizes.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
k-towntrailryder wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
k-towntrailryder wrote:

Loose lips sink ships bro

The saltiest group on PB over the last 4 or so years.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
Has anybody been to Big Whites bike park? Is it worth the trip/expense or is it just better spent going to Silverstar?

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
Mjj002 wrote:
Has anybody been to Big Whites bike park? Is it worth the trip/expense or is it just better spent going to Silverstar?

Go to silverstar it's $20 bucks more and you have endless trails ... Big white is okay but there's a lack of progression it goes from easy to really f*cking hard in like 4 trails maybe 5 now and I'm pretty sure they have more double blacks and blacks then any other trails ... And I dunno I rode there lots last year went to all the opening days for new trails and then went to silverstar and it's hard to go back I ended up grabbing a season's pass for there. But this is just my opinion

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
Hey guys! I flew into Kelowna for the weekend. I dont have a car or anything but have stoke!! Not much of a peddler but I try. Sooooo anyone wanna shuttle knox tomorrow, July 21st? I can pitch in gas money or bevvies. (Ill have to leave around until 1400ish)

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
Dearest Gentlepersons of Interior BC -

I'm bikepacking a loop of the KVR with a buddy for a short week coming up soon. We're driving out from Burnaby and would like to do some MOUNTAIN BIKING YAY on our arrival day. We both comfortably ride easier blacks around the Seattle area but tend to be conservative with jumps. I'll ride a fat slack hardtail and he'll ride a rigid titanium Salsa Fargo with Jones bars.

Where should we ride? Anywhere along the drive is fine, or art destination. Staying in Kelowna, could detour to Penticton if need be. Obviously more CC oriented or flowy/smooth is a plus. Climbing is fine.

Thanks.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
hankj wrote:
Dearest Gentlepersons of Interior BC -

I'm bikepacking a loop of the KVR with a buddy for a short week coming up soon. We're driving out from Burnaby and would like to do some MOUNTAIN BIKING YAY on our arrival day. We both comfortably ride easier blacks around the Seattle area but tend to be conservative with jumps. I'll ride a fat slack hardtail and he'll ride a rigid titanium Salsa Fargo with Jones bars.

Where should we ride? Anywhere along the drive is fine, or art destination. Staying in Kelowna, could detour to Penticton if need be. Obviously more CC oriented or flowy/smooth is a plus. Climbing is fine.

Thanks.

Crawford is fun it's techy and rocky
Smith Creek in west kelowna is good
If you ride to the very top then come down traveling man it's more XC then going down feel the love which has jumps.
Knox mountian is good for a quick rip it has both XC and downhill
3 blind mice is pretty good from what I hear and it's just outside of Penticton.

Just make sure you don't leave your bikes unattended here bike theft is thru the roof.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
How's Smith Creek feeling this week? I haven't ridden it since June, when it was very dry & loose.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
Smith is in perfect summer conditions: dry and loose.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013604
Mobile Version of Website