Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Dec 9, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
Jessev wrote:
Hey everyone, I've grown my 'N' from 2 to 6 bikes this year, with the intention of overhauling them all this winter. I've got a good home bike shop and plenty of experience but I'm no professional. I've never pulled a headset/fork, for instance, never worked on an internal hub shifter, have only reassembled a bottom bracket once, etc. I'm wondering if there's someone in the Kelowna area with lots of experience with bikes of all kinds that would be willing to come work on them with be sometime. I'd like suggestions of tools to buy, guidance on making the bikes I have cooler/safer/more reliable (they are all functional!) and then some help with some work I haven't done before, like suspension maintenance or rebuilding a Sturmey Archer hub! Other people have been leaving me bikes to fix too so there's plenty of fun to be had haha. I'll pay you of course!!

My stable:
1974 Raleigh Sports DL22 (stuck in gear, needs hub rebuild mostly)
1989 Miyata Country Runner (nothing needed, just have some new tires on the way)
1991 Miele Lupa (Runs great, currently apart for new cables and bar tape, would like to add finishing touches to it, maybe rebuild bottom bracket)
2013 Trek Madone 3.1 (just needs new bar tape and suggestions for a better seat/other upgrades)
2015 DeVinci Troy Carbon (New tires and brake pads on the way, suspension has NEVER been done)

On top of that I have in my possession:
a friends Opus mountain bike that just needs a brake bleed, I don't have the parts needed for Hayes.
A friends old CCM that needs the Sturmey Archer hub rebuild also and just general maintanence
a couple road bikes, a unicycle, etc...

Ideally you're a professional or experienced backyard bike mechanic with experience with bikes of all generations willing to share what you know!

I know a guy I just screenshot this and sent it to him I will pm you shortly

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 21:45 Quote
Trail day at Rose Valley on Sunday.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 14:50 Quote
Found at the entrance to feel the love. Now at the bottom lot, on the sign near the porta potty.
found gloves

Posted: May 21, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
props to all those building these years.

Rode powers for the first time in 2+ years and was pleasantly surprised!

Posted: May 22, 2021 at 0:10 Quote
Wes-Barber wrote:

What trail(s) did you ride?

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
Not sure if this has been posted here yet:

https://getinvolved.kelowna.ca/knox-mountain/survey_tools/how-do-you-picture-the-future-of-knox-mountain

Please all chime in on this. This survey may sway the future of this hill - used by many if not all of us.

Posted: May 27, 2021 at 13:00 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
Wes-Barber wrote:

What trail(s) did you ride?

Builders.

Rode the OG 3K last night, about 10-15 down trees on the trail.

So sad since I havent been there in 5+ years, all the cool stuff is gone Frown

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 19:09 Quote
Trail Day at Smith Sunday. Gonna Finish new climb trail from Parking Lot. Barbeque and beverages after. More fun than Humans should be allowed to have. See you there

Posted: May 30, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
Trail day 9:00 am smith creek today

Posted: Jun 7, 2021 at 18:02 Quote
Did some work to stinky pinky today.

From what I know that trail has been a ghost trail for years, cleared about 6 trees today and raked the trail.

Headed back to do some more tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 17:02 Quote
Any West K riders here anymore?

I know the forum is pretty dead but I ride powers a few times a week and would love to see more people join!

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
Wes-Barber wrote:

I know the forum is pretty dead but I ride powers a few times a week and would love to see more people join!

I've never been but have heard good things. Do you pedal up?

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
Wes-Barber wrote:

I've never been but have heard good things. Do you pedal up?

I shuttle, I have a double rack.

Some people pedal but im out of shape and not cut out for it haha.

Happy to have someone new join tho!

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
Any okanagers have an old(er) dual crown like a 888 kicking around they want to sell?

The bike I got for my wife has a drop off dual crown but would like to get something a bit smoother but dont want to break the bank if she doesnt ride much

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011664
Mobile Version of Website