Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Posted: Sep 7, 2021 at 11:49 Quote
dfbland wrote:
mtinko wrote:
Hello Guys, over two years ago I had gotten into mountain biking, and it really kicked off for me. I quickly improved in the sport, so much even to have a demand of better gear of which recently became a bike. I currently have a GT Fury Fitz, and after really giving it some though and considering the conditions that I bike in, I really might need an enduro. Now this is getting difficult for me. I have a budget of $3000, and am looking for a decent Enduro. Currently I have my eyes on a 2016 Trek Slash 8, but any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks dudes! feel free to text me.

Keep the DH, get a hardtail as well.

Yes, but I am looking for something I can pedal up with, and still have the full suspension I desire.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
@mtinko

Have you considered a Marin? Great value, modern geometry.
A new Alpine Trail 7 is ~$3700, if you can find one in stock.
https://www.marinbikes.com/ca/bikes/2022-alpine-trail-7

There is a Hawk Hill 3 for sale in Kelowna, not sure what frame size you need:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3133803/

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
@mtinko

Have you considered a Marin? Great value, modern geometry.
A new Alpine Trail 7 is ~$3700, if you can find one in stock.
https://www.marinbikes.com/ca/bikes/2022-alpine-trail-7

There is a Hawk Hill 3 for sale in Kelowna, not sure what frame size you need:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3133803/

Yes those look great, but i’m looking for a little more suspension. Thoughts on a 2017 YT Capra?

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
mtinko wrote:
Hello Guys, over two years ago I had gotten into mountain biking, and it really kicked off for me. I quickly improved in the sport, so much even to have a demand of better gear of which recently became a bike. I currently have a GT Fury Fitz, and after really giving it some though and considering the conditions that I bike in, I really might need an enduro. Now this is getting difficult for me. I have a budget of $3000, and am looking for a decent Enduro. Currently I have my eyes on a 2016 Trek Slash 8, but any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks dudes! feel free to text me.

Check out Smith Creek Cycle in West Kelowna, they just got in a bunch of Fuji's. I don't know too much about them but I've heard they're decent, and they're a bit closer to your budget.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
Anyone get any decent rides in yet? I was at Knox yesterday and some parts of Shale were okay (mostly lower). Crawford has been pretty hit or miss so far this year, depending on the temperature... too warm and the snow gets really soft and seems to pack onto my tires until they're basically racing slicks. Can't wait for spring!

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 14:38 Quote
I tried lower shale trail last week in the AM. The rock slabs where great, but everything else had chunky rutted snow that was frozen solid and I almost died. Was the snow softish/not heinous when you rode yesterday PM?

This time last year knox was great, almost no snow.

The asphalt pump track in West K is running great, would recommend a hardtail and 50+ PSI in your tires.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 14:45 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
I tried lower shale trail last week in the AM. The rock slabs where great, but everything else had chunky rutted snow that was frozen solid and I almost died. Was the snow softish/not heinous when you rode yesterday PM?

This time last year knox was great, almost no snow.

The asphalt pump track in West K is running great, would recommend a hardtail and 50+ PSI in your tires.

It was in the afternoon, yeah. I remember it being hazardous but that was after a full descent from the top so I considered the bottom a welcome reprieve considering how long it took me to get there from the top, haha.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 17:24 Quote
Knox isn't ready yet but there are lines to be had if you know where to look.

Views: 122    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 18:12 Quote
mtnbikermitch wrote:
Knox isn't ready yet but there are lines to be had if you know where to look.

Views: 122    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

nice dirt surffin'!

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2022 at 20:45 Quote
Did 3 laps at Crawford today, it's still pretty good. As long as you go in the morning so the snow's still mostly crunchy.

Posted: Mar 17, 2022 at 9:31 Quote
Survey for Rose Valley master plan. Have your say! https://yoursay.rdco.com/

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2022 at 20:44 Quote
North side of Rose Valley Reservoir is only good up to no left turn. Muddy, sloppy mess past there. No left is actually in good shape, except for a few trees down.

And hey, fill that survey out on the previous post. Ask for directional signs on Jabba, Rock Candy, Sideshow Bob, No Left Turn and City on the Edge. DH mtn bike trails only. No hiking those trails. Pipedream maybe, but if we don't ask, it will never happen.

Posted: May 12, 2022 at 20:26 Quote
New section on feel the love is amazing! need more tires and a bit of rain should be good for the rest of summer, winter of snow compaction will make it awesome, New trails need to find their proper line, Amazing effort by the volunteer trail crew to make it ridable in 4 hours. Big day at Rose Valley this Sunday. See you at the dam gate!

O+
Posted: May 13, 2022 at 10:24 Quote
Headed out today from Kamloops to ride the Fire in the Mountains enduro this weekend. I’m riding alone and, long shot, wondering if anyone pre riding this event tomorrow would be open to me joining you / your group.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023488
Mobile Version of Website