Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
O+
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 9:51 Quote
It's OK Oldschool. One thing I remember from trail building, is that a reroute of an existing trail should have the same flavor as the original trail. This new section has too many turns on a relatively flat grade compared to the rest of Feel the Love.

The reroute on the climb is good.

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 18:22 Quote
bowness8 wrote:
It's OK Oldschool. One thing I remember from trail building, is that a reroute of an existing trail should have the same flavor as the original trail. This new section has too many turns on a relatively flat grade compared to the rest of Feel the Love.

i agree with the reroute.. that huck to flat off the rock mound was awesome the new stuff is meh

Posted: May 14, 2022 at 23:20 Quote
It will get faster as it packs in, like I say it will take a winter. We have been building in smith creek for 30 years good things don't happen over night. The new bottom on dear santa was the same and now it rips.

Posted: May 31, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
bowness8 wrote:

I agree.
The climb section turned out nice.
The DH is tough to “feel the love” with the lost grade and multiple tight berms.

Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 19:06 Quote
Visiting Kelowna next week, Want to ride Wednesday.
Where can I rent an MTB?
Ego was to meet to?
I’m moderately fit and light enduro skilled.
George

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 19:50 Quote
The Smith Creek riding area has some of the most tourist friendly trails. Route finding is easy. The climb is really nice. You can choose almost any length of ride you like. Almost any trail down is a good time. It's mostly flowy trails. If you want tech trails Vapour over in the Crawford riding area is fantastic.
Try calling or messaging Brian at Smith Creek cycles he might be able to help you out with a rental.
No idea if these guys are any good, but you could check them out:
https://www.kelownabikes.com/

Posted: Aug 27, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
Spam #4

I apologize for spammimg, please keep a couple eyes out for these missing people. They are relatives of one of my friends.

A friends Cousins. I m going to be spamming the Canadian threads with this please don t kill me... P.S. Not a joke.
https://www.continental-tires.com/bicycle

Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 8:53 Quote
Would anyone like to shuttle some bikes now that the dirt has some traction back in it? I have a truck to add to the mix, DM me or something weird.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 16:54 Quote
Planning on a race in Kelowna April 29 and considering bringing the family and extending my stay a few days. I'd love to know if the hiking/riding is good that time of year and also if there are good options for green riders. My kids 7 and 10 aren't super into mountain biking but love that green flow when we're east of the mountains.

Basically I'm trying to decide how many vacation days to take and how fun a trip it could be for my family that time of year.

Thanks for any input!

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 17:54 Quote
PNWTommy wrote:
Planning on a race in Kelowna April 29 and considering bringing the family and extending my stay a few days. I'd love to know if the hiking/riding is good that time of year and also if there are good options for green riders. My kids 7 and 10 aren't super into mountain biking but love that green flow when we're east of the mountains.

Basically I'm trying to decide how many vacation days to take and how fun a trip it could be for my family that time of year.

Thanks for any input!

Which race is that?

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 18:53 Quote
f*ckingsteve wrote:
PNWTommy wrote:

Thanks for any input!

Which race is that?

Bighorn Bushwhack Adventure Race

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 19:14 Quote
PNWTommy wrote:
f*ckingsteve wrote:
PNWTommy wrote:

Thanks for any input!

Which race is that?

Bighorn Bushwhack Adventure Race

Weird, this has precisely zero press in the area.

Re: your original question, most of the trail networks here are pretty steep up and down, but there's some greens and easy blues in Crawford that would likely fit the bill: https://www.trailforks.com/region/crawford-trails/

It's also popular with hikers/trail runners, as is Knox Mountain: https://www.trailforks.com/region/knox-mountain-park/

Specifically in West Kelowna (where I guess this race actually is) there's also Smith Creek: https://www.trailforks.com/region/smith-creek/ Smith has basically one (super chill) climb trail and a couple descents, all of which are relatively mellow blues with optional jumps/drops (ridearounds aplenty).

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 20:03 Quote
At Smith Creek. Lower dear Santa is a pretty cool trail for kids. It has a number of easy access stunts and is mostly low angle terrain.

The climb trail at Smith Creek is as good as they get in terms of pedal access climbing.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 20:59 Quote
Thanks for the great suggestions! Yeah Adventure Racing doesn’t get a lot of press anywhere- too niche. But highly recommended!

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2023 at 18:14 Quote
photo

What trail would best finish up at the marked location? Asking for a friend.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022471
Mobile Version of Website