Powered by Outside

Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kelowna and Westbank Thread
Author Message
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 10:07 Quote
Havent ridden since aug 24 and i am jonsin to get back on the bike. will be back in kelowna oct 23 so if there's no snow i will be riding. hope all your riding is going good, and cant wait to hit the hills with all the new work you guys are doing. THANKS to the builders out there....

Britnee

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 10:23 Quote
skatepro242 wrote:
pikegina wrote:
ye kyle.
It's Tyson actually.
Haha, your bail got shown up by Matt's though, I've never seen one that bad. Didn't you break your ankle on a manny?
haha i know matt got owned. no, i jsut did a gay ass air and like flipped back no the tranny and stomped the yard to hard haha, ow well ti was hard to break the sucker in 3 places.

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 15:54 Quote
pikegina wrote:
skatepro242 wrote:
pikegina wrote:
ye kyle.
It's Tyson actually.
Haha, your bail got shown up by Matt's though, I've never seen one that bad. Didn't you break your ankle on a manny?
haha i know matt got owned. no, i jsut did a gay ass air and like flipped back no the tranny and stomped the yard to hard haha, ow well ti was hard to break the sucker in 3 places.


Arent you happy about just buying a new bike and then breaking your ankle... How long do you have to wear a cast...?

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 18:22 Quote
haha 6 to 8 weeks son. and im probably gettign surgery here soon.

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 21:34 Quote
pikegina wrote:
haha 6 to 8 weeks son. and im probably gettign surgery here soon.

Sounds Fun.....Whip haha the new smileys are sweet

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 15:06 Quote
So actually did some building and maintenance this weekend on builders. Made a small wood berm drop thingee,made the small gap after it a bit better,used the piece of metal that used to be the takeoff into a small booter further down the trail. And cleand up and bermed 2 corners on the trail. I actually miss building and I have plans to build a larger stunt this weekend.At least start it anyways.Anybody have 2x4s? I need about 20, 8 footers.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 15:24 Quote
We picked up a pile of free wood the other day at a mill out past the airport. Not exactly 2x4's (off-cuts) but some pretty serious hunks of wood for free. Not very far out of your way from the shop either.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 15:41 Quote
dirtdavediddler wrote:
So actually did some building and maintenance this weekend on builders. Made a small wood berm drop thingee,made the small gap after it a bit better,used the piece of metal that used to be the takeoff into a small booter further down the trail. And cleand up and bermed 2 corners on the trail. I actually miss building and I have plans to build a larger stunt this weekend.At least start it anyways.Anybody have 2x4s? I need about 20, 8 footers.

there might still be some clearence 2x's at rona for 1.29, next time I go I could grab some for you.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 15:46 Quote
And on another note three inch's of blood playing the habitat thursday. metal up your ass.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 15:53 Quote
That would be sweet. i need them for cross bracing. I still have lots of planking boards (1.25 x6) but short on longer 2x4s.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 17:00 Quote
Sweet. Does anyone know where there is to ride close to the university? Haven't really ridden since I got here and I'm pretty sure I'm going through withdraws.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
Nice to see the man(Dave) is back to show us how it's done. So back to building sunday 10 am 3.5km drop-in will be doing bracing and supports for the first stunts. Also shoveling dirt on the tranny and take-off to the step-up. Also need to get the berm in place right after the step-up.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 18:17 Quote
chewonit64 wrote:
Sweet. Does anyone know where there is to ride close to the university? Haven't really ridden since I got here and I'm pretty sure I'm going through withdraws.
DUDE..... you are very close to one of the gnarliest trails in Kelowna, Addiction which is up Postil Road. It's fast with lots of amplitude. I coulndn't give you directions since I haven't been out there yet, just drooled over hundreds of amazing pictures. It's far away for me but you at UBCO are very close to it.


 


Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009395
Mobile Version of Website