specialized pitch

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
specialized pitch
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
photo

does anyone else look at this bike and think slopestyle bike in disguise?

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 22:00 Quote
i do, and i know my LBS specialized rep already built up one with a slopstyle build but the geo isnt quite right for jumping he says

*edit* guess i didnt really need to quote the picture did i? n00b moment

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
freeride11 wrote:
photo

does anyone else look at this bike and think slopestyle bike in disguise?

ummm no it really looks like an all mountain bike to me... ive seen them in person i really dont think it would jump well

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 22:05 Quote
i rode one about a month ago and it felt kinda slopestyly but its not a slopestyle bike, i was gonna get it for 4x and some trail riding but i decided to go with the prophet cus it was cheaper but the pitch is awesome

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 at 22:08 Quote
its an all mountain bike meaning all mountain geo
i dont think it would be a good bike for slopestyle but i heard next year the sx is going to look more like the pitch so we will have to see what 09 brings us

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
what size shock does the pitch have on it......... example(7.875x2)

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 6:07 Quote
Pitch sizing is kinda weird, very stretched out for the given size, compared to others brands

I have owner several Specialized bikes in medium (17") but would buy the Pitch in small to get a good fit

its stretched and quite steep geometry with the Pike fork, which makes a good all mountain bike but not quite right for slopestyle riding

frame would definitely take some abuse - the Pitch Pro is a much better value bike considering the Fox rear shock and higher spec. Pike fork with motion control damper, as compared to the Pitch Comp which is not much cheaper...

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
I'd say a little bit of dj, my friend has one and does dirtjumps with it, but i dont know I think it would be able to take a little abbuse

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 1:11 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
Pitch sizing is kinda weird, very stretched out for the given size, compared to others brands

I have owner several Specialized bikes in medium (17") but would buy the Pitch in small to get a good fit

its stretched and quite steep geometry with the Pike fork, which makes a good all mountain bike but not quite right for slopestyle riding

frame would definitely take some abuse - the Pitch Pro is a much better value bike considering the Fox rear shock and higher spec. Pike fork with motion control damper, as compared to the Pitch Comp which is not much cheaper...

If the Pitch is an all mountain bike, why would you size one up as a jump bike?

Actually that criticsm is aimed more toward MBR magazine who suggested the small size might best suit a man of 5ft 10in. Which is patently ridiculous UNLESS you wanted the Pitch for jumping or pure downhill. But the Pitch isn't either.

5ft10 would possibly just about fit the medium for all mountain, but +6ft likely best suited to the large..

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
I have ridden the pitch pro which i guess shares the same sizing. I'm 6'1" and the large fits great. Seat post had been cut though as it was ridiculously high.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 0:55 Quote
Hi
I read a test of this bike and it is not for slopestyle so its for all mountain!
I can show you a test but its all in german.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 8:37 Quote
dirtbiker08 wrote:
Hi
I read a test of this bike and it is not for slopestyle so its for all mountain!
I can show you a test but its all in german.

We know it's designed to be an all-mountain bike. We're discussing how it might work for slopestyle. Smile

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 1:27 Quote
it looks like a agressive crosscountry maybe even a 4x bike

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
I have ridden my pitch pro on small/medium dirt jumps, 12 mile climbs, techy single track and basically every thing else BUT slopestyle so far. it does feel like with a half inch off the fork it would be fine for someone riding recreationally on big jumps. not at all made for that but it could take it

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015819
Mobile Version of Website