specialized pitch

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
specialized pitch
Posted: Oct 13, 2015 at 9:00 Quote
thanks for the feedback, I guess then ideally id find a 2011 pitch pro frame and swap all the parts easily enough (then sell mine). But what about frames like the stumpjumper evo from a similar year, since that was essentially what replaced the pitch and the geo would be basically what I'm trying to retain. Would parts be usable on it?

Just trying to widen the range of my search if possible, I'm open to any other suggestions!

Posted: Oct 13, 2015 at 10:13 Quote
2012 was the first year for the Stumpy EVO.
But then you're talking 142mm rear hub and tapered fork. Similar geometry but less parts will switch straight over than just getting an 11 Pitch.
If you are willing to buy some parts, the Stumpy EVO opens options for some newer components.

Posted: Oct 13, 2015 at 10:56 Quote
You can get an adapter crown race so you can keep the fork depending on what you have now. Then you are just in for the price of a rear new wheel.

One of the reasons I went with Banshee Spitfire I could swap all my parts over from my pitch. Even the shock is the same stroke and length and it is also easy to change over to 27.5 in future if you want.

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
If I split down my Pitch (Large) would anyone be interested? I'm 6'5" so a little oversized for it

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 8:52 Quote
Anyone put 650b wheels on their pitch or ran a 650b front / 26" rear setup? Thoughts?

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 9:31 Quote
reebs wrote:
Anyone put 650b wheels on their pitch or ran a 650b front / 26" rear setup? Thoughts?

uuuhhhh.... why would you? They rip with 26" and the difference is so minimal. Plus, you want 650b? There are a million other options now.

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 10:46 Quote
probably because he already has a pitch and would like to give 650b a try..... I think you could get it to fit with specific tires but then you would probably lose the benefits of 650b.

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 12:32 Quote
MictheAussie wrote:
reebs wrote:

uuuhhhh.... why would you? They rip with 26" and the difference is so minimal. Plus, you want 650b? There are a million other options now.

Because quite a few people seem to be going 27.5 F / 26 R and praising it, as the bigger front wheel helps it roll over hits a bit better but the 26 rear keeps it snappy.

I know there are a 'million other options' now but money doesn't grow on trees and pitchy is sentimental to me, just want to make it even quicker!

I know my forks can fit a 27.5 magic mary as a friend of mine has the same on his tracer which he converted to 27.5

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/7717/setup_checks/27713/photos/36617/s780_20150311_101953.jpg?1426070015
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/7717/setup_checks/27713/photos/33208/s1600_Pitch_1_copy.jpg?1419452572

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 16:53 Quote
My Pitch as is now, I recently snapped my freeride bike and got a Process 167 as a warranty replacement that to be honest is what this bike was when it first came out. I plan to put this thing on a bit of a diet and get it weighing in at closer to 27lbs which shouldn't be too difficult, then I can start covering some miles.
Recently I fitted a Corsair shock sleeve that has made a big difference in terms of small bump sensitivity but does require some tokens fitting as at 15% sag I'm still bottoming out most runs. This bike definitely needs a smooth running upper bush, would consider a needle bearing in this bike, mine gets through even the nylon versions a few times a year. Other then trying to swap out the wheels for something sub 1.7Kg, as these are DH wheels (only 2Kg) but it doesn't need them any more with the 167. I think this bike is pretty sweet.
My Pitch

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 16:58 Quote
2 beauty pithces, i miss mine still.

And i'd look at spank for some light hard hitting wheels, oozys were great for me!!

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 10:03 Quote
m07mmukh wrote:
2 beauty pithces, i miss mine still.

And i'd look at spank for some light hard hitting wheels, oozys were great for me!!

Yeah I'm running the Spank Oozy Trails 295's on my 167 and love them, 1 spoke size for front back left and right, genuinely useful advancement.

These are the Spank Spikes. Don't think I'd bother with any other brand of wheel now.

Posted: Nov 11, 2015 at 13:17 Quote

This is my pitch, Medium, I'm 1.83m and don't know if I find it short or not Smile ))

Upgraded full XT, 1x10 narrow wide, 50mm steam, 38mm rise.

Thinking of upgrading forks, but don't seem to find a proper fork that will fit and also not that good at picking Fox forks, also thinking of trying to fit a stealth reverb to it lol anyone tried yet?

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 2:19 Quote
Ok, not such a Fox person, so not really know about them, found a older 2010-2011, 36 talas rc2 fit, https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1877881/ is it worthy as a upgrade over sektors, and i see the rebound is up on the crown, how is it compared to newer models?

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 5:24 Quote
flaviusb wrote:
Ok, not such a Fox person, so not really know about them, found a older 2010-2011, 36 talas rc2 fit, https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1877881/ is it worthy as a upgrade over sektors, and i see the rebound is up on the crown, how is it compared to newer models?

I love fox, I ride nothing but their stuff. The talas would be a huge downhill advantage over the sektor and the high and low speed compression are very nice to have. The fit is also an amazing dampener. However the biggest downfall to the talas is the weight and reliability of the talas cartridge. If you do not need the travel adjust I recommend getting an rc2 float. I just recently put a 36 float fit rc2 and I can't describe how perfect it is. Also the same year floats will generally be cheaper than the talas Razz

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 5:29 Quote
flaviusb wrote:

This is my pitch, Medium, I'm 1.83m and don't know if I find it short or not Smile ))

Upgraded full XT, 1x10 narrow wide, 50mm steam, 38mm rise.

Thinking of upgrading forks, but don't seem to find a proper fork that will fit and also not that good at picking Fox forks, also thinking of trying to fit a stealth reverb to it lol anyone tried yet?

I have not tried drilling into the seat tube but my curiosity has led me to search forums a couple of times now on if it is possible and it seems that it is. Basically you find the most stable and lease stressed part of the seat tube and make two small drill holes just larger than the diameter of the cable about 5mm apart. You then cut out the metal in between to make the shape more like an ovalized cylinder and sand it to get rid of burs. Then insert cable and enjoy. You can google it and see pictures on different forums.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015387
Mobile Version of Website