specialized pitch

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
specialized pitch
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2018 at 11:09 Quote
Yeah, to follow up I picked up my 2018 Rocky Mountain Altitude alloy 50.

The bike is friggin sweet, everything is just better component wise, having a 1X11, 27.5" wheels, the bike rides super quiet and smooth and the suspension is great.

But as far as the way it handles the trails I honestly dont know if it's that much better, the altitude definitely climbs better but it's hard to know if that is purely a result of bigger wheels. I fell directly between a medium and large pitch frame size, if I could have a pitch frame sized right, with 27.5 wheels, i think i'd never look at another bike ever again.

That Pitch geometry was/is spot on for trail riding, crazy they had that in 2008.

100% psyched on the altitude though, super fun... just getting used to these "big" wheels.

Posted: Oct 16, 2018 at 15:31 Quote
The biggest thing holding back the pitch was the the head tube. If it had been a tapered stearer it would be great as I found the straight stearer to have a bit too much flex.

Posted: Oct 16, 2018 at 16:19 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
The biggest thing holding back the pitch was the the head tube. If it had been a tapered stearer it would be great as I found the straight stearer to have a bit too much flex.

Totally, specialized had even switched to tapered head tubes by 2011 on other bikes, I remember thinking it was a bummer the pitch didnt get it... they probably didnt bother adjusting the production knowing it was on the way out

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 13:56 Quote
my love....
greetings from 201Cool

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 14:12 Quote
Hi guys! Did any of you bet Cane Creek DB Air IL Did on pitch? Will it fit on the frame? Or is it better to put RockShox Monarch RT3 DebonAir??!)
It is possible to put one of two, but there is no possibility to try on.
I want to put myself Cane Creek DB Air IL! but I'm afraid that he will not frame...(
Who can say about this issue?
Thank

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 14:55 Quote
So I had every intention of getting rid of my Pitch this year and finally upgrading after 6 years of faithful service, it's a 2008 but I bought it used, my dog ended needing a surgery that drained most those funds. Instead I took what money I had left from saving up and gave some new life to my Pitch and it is dialed once again! Here is a little video of me and the pup getting out for a fun fall rip!

After 3 years of breaking and upgrading parts this is the most dialed the Pitch has ever been -Totem Coil lowered to 165mm 20hrs since service -Rocco WC w Ti spring and offset bushings giving me a 66.0 HA fresh rebuild 0 rides -Reverb 125mm 15hrs since serviced -New wheel build 36 spoke 4X lacing new freehub body and bearings front and back 10hrs riding -Maxxis Shorty 2.4 3C EXO DH tubeless -Specialized Butcher 2.3 SX tubeless -Guide RS brakes added this past spring -SunRace MX3 11-40t 10sp cassette added this past spring -GX 10sp Derailleur added this past spring -X9 10sp shifter -RaceFace Atlas handlebars cut to 760mm -RaceFace Respond Stem 60mm -RaceFace Respond Cranks 170mm -RaceFace NW 32t chainring added this past spring -KMC hollow pin chain -Mallet DH pedals fresh service -Lizard Skins Peaty grips -WTB Volt Ti saddle

Sorry for the old pic but below in parentheses is what I'm currently running
-Rockshox 2014 Totem Coil (lowered to 165mm)
-Marzocchi 2008 Rocco WC w/ 400lb Ti spring and a single stainless steel offset bushing
-Reverb 125mm (BrandX Ascend 120mm)
-Wheels: MTX 33 rims, hubs from an Azonic Outlaw wheelset, 36 spoke 4X lacing
-Maxxis Shorty 2.4 3C EXO DH (replaced with a Maxxis DHRII 3C EXO Max Terra)
-Specialized Butcher 2.3 SX (replaced with a Maxxis DHRII 3C EXO Max Terra)
-Guide RS brakes (203 rotor front, 180 rotor rear)
-SunRace MX3 11-42t 10sp cassette
-GX 10sp Derailleur (replaced with Shimano Zee/One-Up cage)
-X9 10sp shifter (replaced with Shimano Zee)
-RaceFace Atlas handlebars (cut to 760mm)
-RaceFace Respond Stem (60mm)
-RaceFace Respond Cranks (170mm)
-RaceFace NW 32t chainring
-KMC hollow pin chain
-Mallet DH clipless pedals (Nukeproof Horizon flat pedals)
-Lizard Skins Peaty grips (ODI Elite Flow grips)
-WTB Volt Ti saddle
-fresh frame bearings all around
-Build weight is about 36.4lbs

Views: 204    Faves: 2    Comments: 0

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 17:11 Quote
arena33 wrote:
Hi guys! Did any of you bet Cane Creek DB Air IL Did on pitch? Will it fit on the frame? Or is it better to put RockShox Monarch RT3 DebonAir??!)
It is possible to put one of two, but there is no possibility to try on.
I want to put myself Cane Creek DB Air IL! but I'm afraid that he will not frame...(
Who can say about this issue?
Thank

Yes I ran a CC DB in-line on my pitch. It was excellent. You will need volume reducers in the air can or you will blow through the travel too easily.
2008 Pitch with 2015 double barrel inline

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 17:19 Quote
[Quote="millsr4"]So I had every intention of getting rid of my Pitch this year and finally upgrading after 6 years of faithful service, it's a 2008 but I bought it used, my dog ended needing a surgery that drained most those funds. Instead I took what money I had left from saving up and gave some new life to my Pitch and it is dialed once again! Here is a little video of me and the pup getting out for a fun fall rip!

Pitch was very ahead of its time. Doesn’t give up much to the newer bikes.

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 15:12 Quote
wrote:
Pitch was very ahead of its time. Doesn’t give up much to the newer bikes.

Maybe not but mine has become quite the pig on the climbs at over 36lbs... Plus I have pushed this thing so far from its original design intent I question the integrity of the frame at this point lol.

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 15:44 Quote
I did break the seat stays so they are not indestructible but I was also sending 6ft drops and good sized gap jumps.

The front triangle is probably indestructible though.

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 5:56 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I did break the seat stays so they are not indestructible but I was also sending 6ft drops and good sized gap jumps.

The front triangle is probably indestructible though.

Yeah... my rear triangle is pretty beat up at this point and has seen its fair share of 20ft+ gaps, drops, and bike park days. I'm also running a small and those front triangles look even a bit more stout up front than the med and large. I've also never felt the headtube flex mentioned previously here, I've always run fairly stiff forks and bars though.

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 9:48 Quote
arena33 wrote:
my love....
greetings from 201Cool

man, i love that white. Nice build dude

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 20:03 Quote
Hey guys I'm selling my pitch cheap if anyone is interested. Trying to move on to an altitude!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015082
Mobile Version of Website