specialized pitch

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
specialized pitch
O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2012 at 20:13 Quote
about the rails kindof embarrassing, but i was hitting a pretty average jump but the wind was real gusty, and i tomahawked over the bars pretty good. my buddy put music to it, idk why but check it out... frontflip dismount at its finest

[/Quote]

EPIC! Looks like you got nailed by the rear wheel.lol [/Quote]

hhhaahahh ya it was a clean dismount though. the seat was bad though.

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 8:01 Quote
few update
new 2012 raceface respond stem and 740bars + new saddle wich im still testing
the PITCH

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 8:14 Quote
Hello, here is my specialized pitch. I bought it 2nd hand a few weeks back. The previous owner had upgraded the wheels to Sun S type rims of hope pro 2 hubs. swapped the fork for a Fox Van 32 R and changed it to a 2 ring bash guard set up.

FBS 2010 Pitch Comp medium Fox Vanilla R 32 forks 140mm Sun S Type rims on Hope Pro 2 hubs Maxxis Minnion Super Tacky 2.5 s Xfusion Rear shock White Gusset Risers SRAM X5 shifters SRAM X7 rear mech Shimano deore Front Mech Shimano hollow tech crank Crank Brother BB Hayes Stroker Ryder disc brakes DMR v8 pedals Specialized stem headset seat post and saddle.

SRAM X7 rear mech. Front 2 ring setup with bash ring

After first proper ride in Forest of Dean

Overall im pleased with it. But being fairly unfit and with the heavy duty wheel set I find it hard on the uphill ride. I get a fair amount of peddle bob from the X Fusion and am wanting advice on wether it is worth swapping out for a Fox RP2 or even RP23. I can get a 2nd hand RP2 for around 100 quid or a new RP2 or RP23 for abour 210 quid. Would this make life easier, and is it much of an upgrade. I might also get some thinner tyres, maybe 2.2's or 2.3's.
Advice is appreciated, im a newbie and want to get the most from my bike. I have ridden at the Forest of Dean last weekend and tried a couple of the black runs and also the blue XC trail. The blue trail almost killed me, i need to sort out my fitness. The black runs were great fun, but i felt quite out of my depth at times, the bike coped wellthough, I just hung on and closed my eyes.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 9:03 Quote
I would say get the rp2 and then save for lighter wheels

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 9:06 Quote
there's a nice carpet somewhere on this page Smile

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 9:38 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
I would say get the rp2 and then save for lighter wheels

get a 2nd hand one for 100 or brand new for 200?

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 11:17 Quote
forget the shock, swap out those dual ply supertacky tyres for some single ply harder compound ones and you'll feel a massive difference in speed! all for £50-60

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 11:23 Quote
Or get the used RP2 and get some new tires. I went from heavy 2ply tires DH tires to a all mountain type tires and noticed a huge difference.

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 12:24 Quote
Thanks for the advice guys, im looking into it now. Any specific tyre recommendations?

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 7:36 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/tyoga96/P3220001.jpgUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/tyoga96/P3220002.jpg
2011 Pitch Comp
Marzocchi 55RC3 Ti
Elka Stage 5
SRAM X9 2x10 Drivetrain
Hope Pro2 Evo Red
EQ31 Rims
Maxxis Ardent 2.4
RaceFace Atlas FR
RaceFace Diabolus Headset
Controltech DH Stem 50mm
Avid Elixir 3 with 8" XT RT-86 Rotors
Crankbrothers Mallet2
Thomson Elite Seatpost

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 7:57 Quote
Jesus Christ.

What is it with Indonesians?! They ALWAYS have their bikes, specced to the max.

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 8:09 Quote
Drood wrote:
Jesus Christ.

What is it with Indonesians?! They ALWAYS have their bikes, specced to the max.

Not max yet...Big Grin
Waiting for Hope M4 Brakeset and change the Drivetrain to SRAM XO

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 11:01 Quote
I really hope to upgrade my pitch at some point too! How do you like it with a coil shock? What do you think about the 55? Is it 160mm?

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 20:49 Quote
i need your guys help, im doing some larger jumps(about 6 feet plus) on my pitch and i feel that im out jumping it, im kinda big, about 190 maby a little more and im thinking of trading for an sx trail... i was wondering what you think i should do? also, would it help if i just stiffen the fork (i still have the stock spring in the pike) and the rear shock is maxxed out to. would a coil shock help?? i tend to bottom the suspension on anything over 4 feet. i really need help!!!! please! any suggestions are helpful!!! i wanna keep my pitch but im not sure

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015778
Mobile Version of Website