specialized pitch

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
specialized pitch
Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 21:52 Quote
Sx if you plan on progressing onto larger things or if you plan on throwing in any kind of tricks you should go to the larger bike. If you are gonna keep it at that level a coil shock should help with the pitch.

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 23:53 Quote
volume reducer kit for the rear shock and get a bigger fork, but you should get a sx if your riding is mostly as you described

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 3:28 Quote
sounds like you need it tuned to you more.
are you a smooth jumper?

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 9:42 Quote
nwmlarge wrote:
sounds like you need it tuned to you more.
are you a smooth jumper?
somewhat, like i said, i can do 4 feet to flat without bottoming the suspension. anything over im not comfortable doing cuz i bottom it out

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 10:33 Quote
Bit of riding on my Pitch

https://vimeo.com/38652121

Fox Van RC rear shock
Firm spring in the RockShox Sektor RL forks
Renthal Fatbar 780mm
Thomson Elite X4 50mm stem

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 10:59 Quote
bikejunkie88 wrote:
i need your guys help, im doing some larger jumps(about 6 feet plus) on my pitch and i feel that im out jumping it, im kinda big, about 190 maby a little more and im thinking of trading for an sx trail... i was wondering what you think i should do? also, would it help if i just stiffen the fork (i still have the stock spring in the pike) and the rear shock is maxxed out to. would a coil shock help?? i tend to bottom the suspension on anything over 4 feet. i really need help!!!! please! any suggestions are helpful!!! i wanna keep my pitch but im not sure

Do you pedal the bike up the hill 1st? If so check out the enduro evo its a bit more pedal friendly if not go sx trail

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 11:20 Quote
Shoe2190 wrote:
bikejunkie88 wrote:
i need your guys help, im doing some larger jumps(about 6 feet plus) on my pitch and i feel that im out jumping it, im kinda big, about 190 maby a little more and im thinking of trading for an sx trail... i was wondering what you think i should do? also, would it help if i just stiffen the fork (i still have the stock spring in the pike) and the rear shock is maxxed out to. would a coil shock help?? i tend to bottom the suspension on anything over 4 feet. i really need help!!!! please! any suggestions are helpful!!! i wanna keep my pitch but im not sure

Do you pedal the bike up the hill 1st? If so check out the enduro evo its a bit more pedal friendly if not go sx trail
i do do quite a bit of uphill but im used to heavy bikes, i need the sx cuz i need somthing i can pedal a mile uphill and then do multiple 10 to 12 foot drops on

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 11:41 Quote
i'd probably go for a higher poundage spring as it doesn't sound like you are too fussed about a plush ride

i had a 450 in my van r and now i have a 500 and i can still pedal as fast over bridle path stuff as i could before but i bottom out the shock a lot less.

i would like to try a 550 as i weigh about 85kg but i am loathed to drop £50 on trying something.

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 11:47 Quote
I have a 550lb spring on my van rc, i weight 85kg

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 11:48 Quote
did you have a lighter one previously and how does it compare if you did ?

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 11:49 Quote
bikejunkie88 wrote:
Shoe2190 wrote:
bikejunkie88 wrote:

i do do quite a bit of uphill but im used to heavy bikes, i need the sx cuz i need somthing i can pedal a mile uphill and then do multiple 10 to 12 foot drops on

The enduro can take drops no problem its alot of bike

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 12:08 Quote
I have no lighter one, just the guy in the shop who sold me the shock got the spring to match my weight - and it's really nice.

He knows his stuff, he looked after Alex Bond's suspension for when he won 2011 BDS title Wink

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 20:51 Quote
well, im keeping the pitch, im gunna see how it is with a stiffer spring in the fork, anyone know what spring is in the fork and how much a stiffer one would cost?

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 21:23 Quote
I had a medium spring in my stock forks, the upgrade was £50 to a firm but i notice the difference loads!!!

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 23:27 Quote
djaphoto wrote:
I have no lighter one, just the guy in the shop who sold me the shock got the spring to match my weight - and it's really nice.

He knows his stuff, he looked after Alex Bond's suspension for when he won 2011 BDS title Wink

thanks for the reply

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012821
Mobile Version of Website