Thesis About Downhill Bike

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Thesis About Downhill Bike
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 11:39 Quote
Hello,
my name is Luca and I'm a mechanical engineering student. I'm graduating from college this year and I want to start to work on my thesis.

What I want to do is to analyze the force on an existing downhill bike frame model.

Has someone done something like this before?
Does someone know here I can get CAD drawings of downhill bike frames?

Thank you very much,
Luca

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 4:49 Quote
Thats a cool topic bro. Im doing high school for mechanical engineering myself as well.

I recon there are a number of Italian bike manufacturers. There might even be some boutique like ones. Name Ancillotti as an example. But i think there should be more. especially in Italy. The reason why i mention is is as follows.

Here in Holland its common that you call such a company and tell them your idea's. The boutique ones might be interested since your work could potentially be of use to them. And the boutique company is smaller. smaller means getting things done quicker. Less paperwork and so on. Id search around for one and contact them. Those guys aren't too keen on posting their CAD files on the internet because of copycats.

So in short. Search for the nearest bike company around you and contact them. Tell them about your idea's and see what they offer. Here in Holland there is always a shortage of qualified people so that helps getting company's around the table. They might even be interested in having you as an employee. Or they give you an internship and maybe you could involve actual reallife force measurements as reference to your simulations or whatever.

But first i think you should ask yourself what you want to do precisely. Measuring forces is a very broad statement. If i may id change that to something like: Determining the main stress area's on a downhill frame on a hard landing. (You know. Flat landing where everything bottoms out). something like that.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
lucaaccoto wrote:
Hello,
my name is Luca and I'm a mechanical engineering student. I'm graduating from college this year and I want to start to work on my thesis.

What I want to do is to analyze the force on an existing downhill bike frame model.

Has someone done something like this before?
Does someone know here I can get CAD drawings of downhill bike frames?

Thank you very much,
Luca
I understand you ... Essays were also hard at the university, especially in philosophy...To be honest, I didn't think it was that hard. Options on the Internet is really a lot, but where can make a quality essay is unclear. https://edubirdie.com/check-my-grammar/ I managed to find the rating services essay writing

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012502
Mobile Version of Website