Tire graphics

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Tire graphics
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 17:05 Quote
I was told that the model graphics for tires are always on the drive side of bicycle tires. For example, my maxxis minion DHF tires have the minion graphics on the drive side. Is this true for just maxxis or all tires? It seems like a great way to make sure the direction is right when mounting tires, with out having to think about itSmile

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 17:21 Quote
While I'm not sure about the graphics, I'm pretty sure every tire has rotation arrows on them showing you which direction they should be mounted.

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 17:25 Quote
I know about that. This guy said the white graphics on my maxxis tires correlate to direction. White graphics on drive side is th correct direction

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 18:42 Quote
Generally speaking, you are right. That being said, some tires are not directional and others vary if you run them on the front or the rear.

If a tire does not specify direction, then its just best practice to put the graphic side on the drive side ... its kinda like lining the valve stem up with the tire graphic.. or a the hub graphic with the valve hole .... it doesn't really make a difference, but it shows that there was some love and attention put into the build.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019137
Mobile Version of Website