How to lower Argyle 318

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
How to lower Argyle 318
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
do you have to have those 10mm nylon spacers to make it work? Or could I use the plastic spacer already in the argyle?

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
You can use the spacer. It is a bitch to put the topcap back on because the spring has to be compressed 15mm to get it to fit. Your fork will only have 55 to 60mm of travel if you use it.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
dude, thanx Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin tup this is exectly what i was searching for Smile

i'm going to lower my argyle 318 to 80mm, so i will use only 2 10mm spacers

but you saved me 80 euros (almost 100 dollars) by posting this Big Grin thank you very much tup

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
its possible to do this in argyle 302????

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:50 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
dude, thanx Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin tup this is exectly what i was searching for Smile

i'm going to lower my argyle 318 to 80mm, so i will use only 2 10mm spacers

but you saved me 80 euros (almost 100 dollars) by posting this Big Grin thank you very much tup

You can lower the fork to 80mm. However you will have to put 10mm of spacers on top of the spring assembly along with 20mm on the bottom. If you don't there will be 10mm of play in the fork.

The easiest way to lower your fork to 80mm is to cut 20mm off of the spacer that comes with your fork and put it on the bottom side. Make sure you cut the side of the spacer that goes into the topcap and not the side that mates with the spring. If you do this you will not be able to change it back to 100mm.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
lenczes wrote:
its possible to do this in argyle 302????

Yes it will work on the 302. The 318 and 302 are identical on the compression side. The 318 has the motion control which alows you to fine tune the compression.

photo

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
If you cant find any nylon spacers, metal ones work fine, i just put some in my argyle and it works awesome.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
this thread should be stickied

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 1:45 Quote
okay, i lowered my argyle to about 80mm, i put almost all oil back in, but then it works there is a realy big oil working noise, is it normal, or should i put much more oil in it?

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 2:12 Quote
Can someone posta picture of the spacers used?

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 2:18 Quote
matago wrote:
Can someone posta picture of the spacers used?
check the first post. the dude has a pic of the spacer

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 2:53 Quote
KOMA wrote:
okay, i lowered my argyle to about 80mm, i put almost all oil back in, but then it works there is a realy big oil working noise, is it normal, or should i put much more oil in it?
bumpt?

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 5:45 Quote
KOMA wrote:
KOMA wrote:
bumpt?

howz the rebound set at? if it's at SLOW the fork makes that noise what you're talking about, but if it's at FAST it shouldn't make that sound

maybe you should try putting all the oil back in

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
the rebound is set to fast, but i dont have any more oil, i put in every thing i had from the fork. So it could be because of a liak of oil?
EDIT: are there any crackd or broken argyles?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.095478
Mobile Version of Website