Spank wheels

PB Forum :: Spank Industries
Spank wheels
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Feb 17, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
dirtrider76 wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
WasabiJim wrote:


i just laced up (done by the shop) a red 28 to red hope hub. it replaced an Oozy 295 on the rear of my HT. the 295 was getting bad splits at the nibble interface. the 28 although a tad narrower is a little more beefier (design wize and 40g more) and I had them use "nibble washers" for additional support that should prevent similar splits occurring again.

http://www.jpracingbike1.com/en/accessories/3408-sapim-mg-washers-x100.html?search_query=sapim+washer&results=72



I've had the Ozzy 295 4 years with zero sign of colour fade

what tyres are you looking to run? i can only run 2.4in max owing to mud clearance and the 295/28 has been fine for me

. but i would be inclined to go 33 to see what all the fuss is about

I’ve run the 28 for years on my DH bike and I’m 240lbs. No issues ever, no fading. Love them. No splits or cracks, stays true. Super strong sidewalls. I’m trying 33s on the same bike now, noticing a lot more superficial nicks, dents and scratches on the rim probably just because of the wider profile, running same tires on both rims. 2.5 grids and riding the same trails. No fading and is still staying true.
Don’t notice any ride difference. I love them both. Basically whatever I can find on sale is what I will get.

My wider rims always end up with more scratches as they are a bit more exposed. I actually am really happy with 25mm IW rims for normal 2.3-2.5 wide tires. I have a set of 32 IW and they are perfect for 2.6-2.8 tires IMHO.

Not quite sure on tiring sizing. Going to probably be in the range of 2.3-2.4 sizing since they have always been good enough for me though. Most likely the basic Minion,HR setup someone one here is running Specialized Purg,Butcher setup too i think whatever that fits on nicely without to much trouble and whatever will protect the rims as much as possible. Kind of looking at the Spoon 32 looking at the pricing difference haha, but i've got some time to decide. Main concern now is whether to get red or black with white lettering rims lol

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 3:30 Quote
red - scientifically proven to be faster tup

Stanton Switchback - Sunny Day on Driveway

haven't done pics with new wheel but its red with white, so i'll try get some up so u can see the diff

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 22:08 Quote
Just picked up a new bike for the upcoming season and look what came stock for lucky ol me
Norco Torrent HT 1 2018 New Bike Day for me

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
Just picked up a new bike for the upcoming season and look what came stock for lucky ol me
Norco Torrent HT 1 2018 New Bike Day for me
sexy!

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 23:35 Quote
I am deeply and thoroughly jealous. Drool

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 7:15 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:
I am deeply and thoroughly jealous. Drool

This PHOARRRRR!

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
jubs17 wrote:
Just picked up a new bike for the upcoming season and look what came stock for lucky ol me
Norco Torrent HT 1 2018 New Bike Day for me
sexy!
that is a crazzzyyy stock build so sick

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 17:43 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
Just picked up a new bike for the upcoming season and look what came stock for lucky ol me
Norco Torrent HT 1 2018 New Bike Day for me
Fun lookn bike.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 6:42 Quote
I'm also planing to make myself some new 29" wheels and i wonder if any of you had any experiente with Oozy 295 rims in 29" size. I'l be running 90% of the time on Maxxis DHF's 2.3 (front and rear) and i wonder of the mentiones rims would be tough enough for All Mountain kind of riding. I know that they're pretty tough as i had them on 27.5" version about 2 years ago, but i wonder if they're tough enough on 29" version also..I'm also considering the Spike Race 33 as a choice but i'm worried to not square the tire profile too much..also maybe worth mentioning is the fact that i'm not such a small guy and i weight about 88 killos. any thoughts or hints would be greatly appreciated Wink

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 6:57 Quote
Psylance wrote:
I'm also planing to make myself some new 29" wheels and i wonder if any of you had any experiente with Oozy 295 rims in 29" size. I'l be running 90% of the time on Maxxis DHF's 2.3 (front and rear) and i wonder of the mentiones rims would be tough enough for All Mountain kind of riding. I know that they're pretty tough as i had them on 27.5" version about 2 years ago, but i wonder if they're tough enough on 29" version also..I'm also considering the Spike Race 33 as a choice but i'm worried to not square the tire profile too much..also maybe worth mentioning is the fact that i'm not such a small guy and i weight about 88 killos. any thoughts or hints would be greatly appreciated Wink

I weigh cough 113kgs currently maybe less :/

Got 29” 295’s team Spank wheels on my ti 29er

Seem strong plenty but need high pressure even running tubeless but I have got literally f all clearance to chain stays

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
They are going to be great, I'm sure.

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
If anyone knows where to get a Spike 35 in 650b and black, 32h rim, hit me up!

They didn't make too many of these, and I dinged quite a bit the rear one last weekend. It'll ride for a while, leaked a bit of sealant at first but now it's fixed, but I had hoped I could find a replacement, and so far nothing...

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Psylance wrote:
I'm also planing to make myself some new 29" wheels and i wonder if any of you had any experiente with Oozy 295 rims in 29" size. I'l be running 90% of the time on Maxxis DHF's 2.3 (front and rear) and i wonder of the mentiones rims would be tough enough for All Mountain kind of riding. I know that they're pretty tough as i had them on 27.5" version about 2 years ago, but i wonder if they're tough enough on 29" version also..I'm also considering the Spike Race 33 as a choice but i'm worried to not square the tire profile too much..also maybe worth mentioning is the fact that i'm not such a small guy and i weight about 88 killos. any thoughts or hints would be greatly appreciated Wink

I weigh cough 113kgs currently maybe less :/

Got 29” 295’s team Spank wheels on my ti 29er

Seem strong plenty but need high pressure even running tubeless but I have got literally f all clearance to chain stays

hey, thanks for your response! why do you say you need high pressure and what do you mean by high pressure? on my 27.5 oozy's 295 i ran about 26psi front and 28 rear without any problems...

Posted: May 3, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
I run c. 34-36psi rear running tubeless so it does not squirm and rub chainstays.

That is with a Maxxis 2.35” ForeKaster fyi

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 2:57 Quote
i had Ozzy 295 on the rear of 27.5 HT (since been been replaced by Race 2Cool

anything less than 25psi and i'd get too much roll and squirm thru corners and rim strikes when i got lines wrong, 27psi rear does it for me. i'm a little under 90kg with gear.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023919
Mobile Version of Website