Spank wheels

PB Forum :: Spank Industries
Spank wheels
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
which spank wheels shall I get, not too bothered by weight, but want durability above all else,

350 vibrocores, oozy 345, spike 33,what ones??

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
EliasFritzen wrote:
which spank wheels shall I get, not too bothered by weight, but want durability above all else,

350 vibrocores, oozy 345, spike 33,what ones??
350 vibrocores rated for Freeride and DH, they will do well.

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 18:16 Quote
onyxss wrote:
EliasFritzen wrote:
which spank wheels shall I get, not too bothered by weight, but want durability above all else,

350 vibrocores, oozy 345, spike 33,what ones??
350 vibrocores rated for Freeride and DH, they will do well.

Great wheels !

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 22:49 Quote
Does anyone have any idea when/if spank are going to get the microspline licence from shimano?

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 6:46 Quote
how do the 359 vibrocores compare to the 350?

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
Have just ordered a front boost conversion kit for my Oozy 295 but confused as to whether there is a kit for the rear or should I just go with the VeloSolo offering on the ebay? Also looking to run Nobby Nic 2.6 on them, is that a bad idea?

Matt

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 18:58 Quote
You will be fine with 2.6s I believe.

Posted: Feb 21, 2020 at 3:30 Quote
misterdun wrote:
Have just ordered a front boost conversion kit for my Oozy 295 but confused as to whether there is a kit for the rear or should I just go with the VeloSolo offering on the ebay? Also looking to run Nobby Nic 2.6 on them, is that a bad idea?

Matt

Where holds stock of this boost front Spank kit?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 4:17 Quote
So I smashed one of my carbon rims, and I'm thinking of relacing my hubs to some Spank Spike Race 33 rims, but I need an idiot proof spoke calculator, is the DT Swiss calculator what I'm looking for?

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 5:41 Quote
Losvar wrote:
So I smashed one of my carbon rims, and I'm thinking of relacing my hubs to some Spank Spike Race 33 rims, but I need an idiot proof spoke calculator, is the DT Swiss calculator what I'm looking for?
Most idiot proof calculator is taking rims and hubs to LBS to deal with it - professional wheel building is cheap these days....

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 7:48 Quote
https://www.prowheelbuilder.com/spokelengthcalculator
This is what I use at my shop most of the time. Never had a wheel build where the spokes were too long or short. Just triple check your hub dimensions and the ERD of the rim and you will be fine.
If you end up with spokes just a little too short, you can get 14mm long nipples from a shop instead of the regular 12mm long ones. Not ideal but it's an easy fix. If the spokes are too long then you will have to find a spoke threader to cut them shorter, or buy shorter spokes.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 0:05 Quote
onyxss wrote:
Losvar wrote:
So I smashed one of my carbon rims, and I'm thinking of relacing my hubs to some Spank Spike Race 33 rims, but I need an idiot proof spoke calculator, is the DT Swiss calculator what I'm looking for?
Most idiot proof calculator is taking rims and hubs to LBS to deal with it - professional wheel building is cheap these days....
I live waaaaay above the arctic circle, there are no lbs or professional wheel builders up here...
We had an lbs, it just closed down, there's simply no market this far north.

Not gonna throw my hubs in the trash and buy a complete wheelset, that's just a waste.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 0:16 Quote
jubs17 wrote:
https://www.prowheelbuilder.com/spokelengthcalculator
This is what I use at my shop most of the time. Never had a wheel build where the spokes were too long or short. Just triple check your hub dimensions and the ERD of the rim and you will be fine.
If you end up with spokes just a little too short, you can get 14mm long nipples from a shop instead of the regular 12mm long ones. Not ideal but it's an easy fix. If the spokes are too long then you will have to find a spoke threader to cut them shorter, or buy shorter spokes.

I get the same result on left hand side on this and DT Swiss calculator, but 1 mm difference on the right hand side.
I'll just take the longest for both sides, 1 mm probably won't make much of a difference.

Thanks mate!

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005038
Mobile Version of Website