Spank wheels

PB Forum :: Spank Industries
Spank wheels
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 1:50 Quote
Losvar wrote:
bike2850 wrote:
Do any of you have experiance with the spank ozzy compared to DT Swiss EX511 or EX471?
Thanks
Spike would be more comparable to DT Swiss EX wheels, Oozy rims are very strong trail rims, but Spike is the gravity rim, so it should be a bit stronger.

I ride on oozy's, 33's and enve m90's. All at 27.5. The oozy's are on my trail bike that gets a ton of use at the dh parks during the summer. I think it is an amazing rim for trail use but for dh they are a bit out of their comfort zone. By no means am I saying they are not a capable rim. Compared to the race 33's, they are more flexy. I feel that amount of flex is great for trail use but not what I like on a full dh race run.

If you want a stiffer rim but not a full 33, consider running a race 28. I have run that rim on both trails and park riding and was not disappointed. But I do perfect the inner rim width of the 33's

And at the price point, Spank rims are worth looking at

Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 13:55 Quote
Anyone know if any of the lindarets or wolf tooth boostinator kits work with Oozy hubs? Im looking at a new frame but don't want to shell out for a new rear wheel too when there is little wrong with my current set. Thanks!

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 2:09 Quote
Hi does anyone know the spoke length on 27.5 spank oozy trail 295 wheels. cheers

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 2:38 Quote
Reignrob wrote:
Hi does anyone know the spoke length on 27.5 spank oozy trail 295 wheels. cheers

Yup. They're 285mm straight pulls.

https://www.thegravitycartel.com/products/oozy-spokes-triple-butted-straight-pull

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 6:05 Quote
henkster wrote:
Reignrob wrote:
Hi does anyone know the spoke length on 27.5 spank oozy trail 295 wheels. cheers

Yup. They're 285mm straight pulls.

https://www.thegravitycartel.com/products/oozy-spokes-triple-butted-straight-pull
thankyou ????

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 5:22 Quote
Just bought a set of Oozy 345 29ers to replace my crossmax st, wanted something that offered a wider tyre profile.

Hopefully i wont be disappointed?!

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 7:10 Quote
scc28 wrote:
Just bought a set of Oozy 345 29ers to replace my crossmax st, wanted something that offered a wider tyre profile.

Hopefully i wont be disappointed?!
The only negative is the weight .

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026802
Mobile Version of Website