Pedals what to buy?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Pedals what to buy?
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 6:51 Quote
LewisByers wrote:
I stick with trusty Shimano Saint pedals, used by many but are grippy and a decent value for money!

i have saints but was going to try the DMR v12's since i have to switch pedals from my bmx to mtb everytime i ride a differnet bike
I sometimes find i slip on the saints, wondering will the DMR be a bit more grippy

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 7:16 Quote
levitronix wrote:
LewisByers wrote:
I stick with trusty Shimano Saint pedals, used by many but are grippy and a decent value for money!

i have saints but was going to try the DMR v12's since i have to switch pedals from my bmx to mtb everytime i ride a differnet bike
I sometimes find i slip on the saints, wondering will the DMR be a bit more grippy

Just a bit YES!

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 23:44 Quote
Those nano's come with 2 sets of pins ( standard and long ) , don't spend £££'s on v12 !

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 23:48 Quote
Buy nano's and a set of tyres for same price as v12's !

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 0:32 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Buy nano's and a set of tyres for same price as v12's !

Or buy Nanos and several sets of spare bearings!

Posted: Aug 26, 2016 at 18:01 Quote
Been using them for over 3 years and regrease when they squeak , no probs !

Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 5:25 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Been using them for over 3 years and regrease when they squeak , no probs !

Yes quite, most folk need to realise to pack bearings full of grease before they fit them as often come dry from factory think new forks without oil (RS) for fine example.

Superstars versions do look good but I will never and never had opportunity to buy anything from SS as they were clearly avoiding my want to buy a new set of wheels from them a while back.

Plus all the other dreaded horror stories of CS gone wrong and hacked website issues.

But yes I can thoroughly say old skool V12 DMRs grip like nothing else (just pack full of grease before fitting) and that HOPE F20s are finely made and sealed it appears bling but the pins are not as gippy as the DMR open ended thread versions.

Can also come down to technique of course but found my feet on the rough stiff would hop off the HOPES which was off putting at times.

Then again I could also blame that on VPP haha!

FINALLY! DEITY COMPOUNDS are really very good and cheap as they're nylon composite. Large platform and just enough pins to keep you happy anchored.

FL
Posted: Aug 27, 2016 at 17:35 Quote
Iv got DMR V8's and V12's and found the V12's are much thinner and wider with loads of grip,which is tuneable through peg length.

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 at 23:14 Quote
I have a size 10 foot and v12 is ok. Durable good grip and cheaper for its quality. I just bought deity tmac. Grip is better ı like platform feel but after first ride I see that one of them axle is playin in and out of the platform. I turn back to the v12. Iwont change them again. Bec. Cheap reliable and easy to service

Posted: Oct 16, 2016 at 1:51 Quote
I bought this Shimano Pd-Mx80 Platform Pedals for my MTB because this was the one recommended by my fellow riders. If you are thinking about switching to flat pedals, try these! These pedals look so nice out of the box that it makes you think twice about putting them on your bike and getting them dirty. The design and finish is just superb. Giving my 2 cents here.

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
Not trying to hijack the thread, but what are your guys' favorite nylon/composite pedals? Looking to pick up a set to replace the stock ones on my bike, but don't want to spend a ton of money. I have been looking at the Race Face Chester, Nukeproof Electron Evo, and Deity Compound. Thanks.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.040047
Mobile Version of Website