I little help needed please

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
I little help needed please
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 2, 2016 at 2:15 Quote
Hi, I'm back on pb after being gone a loooong while. I'm looking at getting back on a bike after a good few years out, seems a lot has changed since I've been gone thats for sure. Anyways... money is a little tight at the moment so I'll be looking at a used rig. My background has always been dh/ fr but I want something that I can go on a some family ride with the girlfriend and the kids, a bit of xc, buzz around the bmx track with my boy and also be able to do my own thing, some light dh/fr, bike parks, and generally just having a blast and throwing it about a bit.

Now I've always been drawn to the Transition Bottle Rocket, it seems like the perfect bike for me, and I fell in love with that frame when seeing it when first released. But also now seeing the earlier Nukeproof Mega which looks a similarly styled frame. So to cut thro my brurb I'm hoping someone out there is able to give me some feedback on the two bikes mentioned. How they handle (mainly the Mega) as I'm struggling to find some decent info, and basically does this seem I'm making the right kinda choice here??

I know this isn't the most exciting thread to respond to so is feedback much appreciated in advance!

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 16:12 Quote
Two bikes that came to mind that may be worth looking into : a Knolly delirium and a Canfield balance, they seem to be more free ride- enduro and l think can take a 180mm fork for park days, they would be more peddle friendly for the days to go out riding with the fam than a 180mm freeridepark bike, but then again, a cruzie peddle about with the family could just mean a set of enduro type tyre on a 180mm free ride bike, and this works pretty well.

I run maxis aggressors on the voltage and they haven't let me down, l have ridden on enduro trails and DH trails, the tyre holds up, the bike rolls better than it had done with a minon.
welcome back to mtb, so many great bikes out their, all the best with your bike choice mate.

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 5:54 Quote
Eagledeez wrote:
Two bikes that came to mind that may be worth looking into : a Knolly delirium and a Canfield balance, they seem to be more free ride- enduro and l think can take a 180mm fork for park days, they would be more peddle friendly for the days to go out riding with the fam than a 180mm freeridepark bike, but then again, a cruzie peddle about with the family could just mean a set of enduro type tyre on a 180mm free ride bike, and this works pretty well.

I run maxis aggressors on the voltage and they haven't let me down, l have ridden on enduro trails and DH trails, the tyre holds up, the bike rolls better than it had done with a minon.
welcome back to mtb, so many great bikes out their, all the best with your bike choice mate.

Thanks for your response buddy, yeah I reckon if I'm running a smaller ring up front then I should be okay. Maybe look at 150/160 travel bikes also. Just had a look at the Knolly, man that one ugly mofo but thanks all the same for the recommendation!

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 16:00 Quote
Damoh wrote:
Eagledeez wrote:

Thanks for your response buddy, yeah I reckon if I'm running a smaller ring up front then I should be okay. Maybe look at 150/160 travel bikes also. Just had a look at the Knolly, man that one ugly mofo but thanks all the same for the recommendation!
Haha! Yeah, the Knolly has singled out itself with what could be a very individual look, but seems to work well from what l have read up on them as an all rounder.
I guess the giant reign could be another. Yeah, I put a 32 ring on the voltage and defiantly gave more expanse for the bike to be peddled about.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012269
Mobile Version of Website