Back pain/neck pain after riding

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Back pain/neck pain after riding
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 7, 2016 at 19:58 Quote
So to start my bike is a 2015 intense tracer 275. I have a super short 30mm stem on it. For a while now I have been getting pain in between my shoulder blades, more so on the right side. I do a lot of foam rolling and rolling on a lacrosse ball to try to alleviate it and it usually goes away after a day or two. My rides are usually anywhere from 12-25 miles with a lot of climbing. I move my hands around on the bars a lot while climbing- everywhere from sideways on the ends to holding the mildly by the stem and everywhere in between. My posture when I'm climbing probably isn't great but I'm trying to pay more attention to it now but I don't honestly know what the right posture is or what it feels like when I'm in that posture. I also took my bike to a shop that does bike fits with a video camera and everything and they got the bike dialed in to my body size but they recommended a longer stem.
So recently I got back from a twenty something mile ride and my upper back and neck felt super tight as usual and I had a knot in my back that felt consistent with when the chiropractor said I had a "rib out" a while back. I did some foam rolling and rolling on the lacrosse balls but the pain hasn't left and I'm coming up on a week now.
So my question for you guys is whether you think it's a bike fit issue, a posture while climbing issue or something similar like poor core strength or tensing up muscles.
Any ideas are appreciated!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008361
Mobile Version of Website