Lets see those fuel ex's

PB Forum :: Trek
Lets see those fuel ex's
O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 7:02 Quote
WY228 wrote:
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
Bikenhiken wrote:
Just checked everything on my bike again. One of the sound producers could also be the dropper which is rotating a bit (2/3mm), and making noise when slapping left/right.

Definitely not the dropper I've different ones on there with no change.

What brakes do you have? And do they have finned pads? I just swapped to new Shimano brakes with the finned metallic pads and noticed the plastic fins will rattle inside the calipers through rough sections. Not really major noise but I did notice it immediately.

Hmmm I know I had to pull the finned ones off my Remedy's Zee brakes but this is not that kinda sound its more "clackie" like something hitting the frame.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
zak-cowan-dennis wrote:
photo
Put the 2021 DHX2 on my Fuel EX 9.8. 475lb SLS coil. One ride so far and I was blow away. The bike suddenly had so much grip.
took long due to mounting hardware supply issues and a failed attempt to use a Float X2, which does not fit on the Fuel EX.
Note: The bottle interferes with the compression valve, with the cage the bike comes with but got a little creative with a different bottle cage that sits a few cm higher and it works fine now.
Also, checked the bottom out without the spring and it does clear the down tube.

Oh nice! I've been wondering how much better it would ride with a DPX2 on it, I put one on my Remedy and its a completely different ride (in a good way).

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
zak-cowan-dennis wrote:
photo
Put the 2021 DHX2 on my Fuel EX 9.8. 475lb SLS coil. One ride so far and I was blow away. The bike suddenly had so much grip.
took long due to mounting hardware supply issues and a failed attempt to use a Float X2, which does not fit on the Fuel EX.
Note: The bottle interferes with the compression valve, with the cage the bike comes with but got a little creative with a different bottle cage that sits a few cm higher and it works fine now.
Also, checked the bottom out without the spring and it does clear the down tube.

What hardware issues? What year is your fuel?

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 10:34 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
zak-cowan-dennis wrote:
photo

Just took a long time to get the hardware from Trek and Fox. Supply chain and shipping problems. Normal COVID stuff.
Fuel EX is 2020

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
zak-cowan-dennis wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
zak-cowan-dennis wrote:
photo

Just took a long time to get the hardware from Trek and Fox. Supply chain and shipping problems. Normal COVID stuff.
Fuel EX is 2020

Ah ok. So the bottom mounting is different from the 2019s correct

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
zak-cowan-dennis wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Fuel EX is 2020

Yeah no more full floater rear end.

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 at 14:16 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
zak-cowan-dennis wrote:

Fuel EX is 2020

Is it thru mount?

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Is it thru mount?
No fox trunnion in that size.

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
zak-cowan-dennis wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:

Is it thru mount?

I’m soo confused. I have a 2019 fuel. What kind of bottom mount do I have.

Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 11:35 Quote
I ordered my 2021 Fuel EX 8 XT July 14. Just found out the expected delivery date is November. If I ordered today It'd be December. A 9.X can be had in 47 days, by the way. I'm in Georgia, USA.

Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 12:22 Quote
stephenmcnutt wrote:
I ordered my 2021 Fuel EX 8 XT July 14. Just found out the expected delivery date is November. If I ordered today It'd be December. A 9.X can be had in 47 days, by the way. I'm in Georgia, USA.

Not worth it. The component jump from ex 8 to 9. Whatever you can do cheaper on your own.

Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
Yeah I'm not thinking of bumping up to a 9.X just to get it sooner. Too expensive. I just thought others might be interested in the delivery date estimates.

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 7:36 Quote
[PI=][/PI]
ricochetrabbit wrote:
zak-cowan-dennis wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

Is it thru mount?

I’m soo confused. I have a 2019 fuel. What kind of bottom mount do I have.
photo
Yours has the full floater like this one
photo
The new ones have a fixed mount on the downtube

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
stephenmcnutt wrote:

Yeah the Corona has really been a problem with the supply line. The shop I work at we are having trouble getting all sorts of parts, from disc rotors to tubes and bikes are just as tough. We got a huge shipment in last month and were told it may be a while before we see any more.

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 15:19 Quote
nerds-on-dirt-mtb wrote:
Yeah the Corona has really been a problem with the supply line. The shop I work at we are having trouble getting all sorts of parts, from disc rotors to tubes and bikes are just as tough. We got a huge shipment in last month and were told it may be a while before we see any more.

The other day I was dropping my bike off at the Maple Ridge Trek store, and overheard a conversation between the doorkeeper and a couple that wanted to come in and browse bikes. She told them they have next to nothing other than e-bikes, and a wait of up to 4 months for new stock. She added that everyone has the same problem and some shops are simply closing down because they have nothing to sell.

I bought my 2020 EX 8 at the end of May from that shop, and the sales guy said it was their last one. I didn't really understand the significance of those words at the time. In retrospect, I was way friggin' lucky.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015882
Mobile Version of Website