Lets see those fuel ex's

PB Forum :: Trek
Lets see those fuel ex's
O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 7:20 Quote
stephenmcnutt wrote:
I ordered my 2021 Fuel EX 8 XT July 14. Just found out the expected delivery date is November. If I ordered today It'd be December. A 9.X can be had in 47 days, by the way. I'm in Georgia, USA.

I'm considering adding the new Slash to the stable when/if its released but these kind of wait times for new '21s is terrifying. Especially with the new Slash being heavily anticipated I fear they'll be backordered well into 2021.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 12:46 Quote
So I took delivery of my 2021 EX8 last week and am absolutely loving this thing. Its been incredible to ride, and I haven't found anything this thing doesnt do great. It does the climbs increidbly well since its geared towards that, but I took it to the bike park last weekend and was blown away how much fun it was to ride out there.

I also decided to design and machine my own stem. I left it raw aluminum to test it out and it worked great so I am going to anodize it now. I do think I am going to make some design changes to it to take more weight out of it and slim it down a bit, but its still pretty awesome. I also machined the provisions in the bottom of the stem to retain the knock block.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 12:52 Quote
^^^^WOW!!!

Fantastic craftsmanship. Would buy!

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 6:09 Quote
robbie92835 wrote:
I also decided to design and machine my own stem. I left it raw aluminum to test it out and it worked great so I am going to anodize it now. I do think I am going to make some design changes to it to take more weight out of it and slim it down a bit, but its still pretty awesome. I also machined the provisions in the bottom of the stem to retain the knock block.

If you ever decided to make and sell these I'd be very interested, especially being knock block compatible. I just added a silver pike fork so a raw aluminum stem would look killer.

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
robbie92835 wrote:
So I took delivery of my 2021 EX8 last week and am absolutely loving this thing. Its been incredible to ride, and I haven't found anything this thing doesnt do great. It does the climbs increidbly well since its geared towards that, but I took it to the bike park last weekend and was blown away how much fun it was to ride out there.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Oh man! Do want!

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
WY228 wrote:
robbie92835 wrote:

If you ever decided to make and sell these I'd be very interested, especially being knock block compatible. I just added a silver pike fork so a raw aluminum stem would look killer.

Sounds good, I don't currently have any plans to sell these, but when I make the new one, I will have this one sitting around so I might. I still want to design some pedals, but I may switch to clipless and it would be easier just to buy a set of those. lol

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 16:00 Quote
Couple of new goodies. 170mm, 37mm offset fox 36 factory and a cane creek double barrel air inline.

photo

photo

photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
Couple of new goodies. 170mm, 37mm offset fox 36 factory and a cane creek double barrel air inline.

170? Eek How does it ride? I felt a noticeable change in steering just going from 130 to 140, so I can't imagine another 30 mil on top of that.

Regardless it looks killer though Cool

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 6:25 Quote
WY228 wrote:
ricochetrabbit wrote:

170? Eek How does it ride? I felt a noticeable change in steering just going from 130 to 140, so I can't imagine another 30 mil on top of that.

Regardless it looks killer though Cool

Haven’t rode on it yet, but my previous fork, a cane creek helm I had at 170mm and it was fantastic in the bike parks.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
Can anyone give me any positive feedback whether a 210x55 shock will work on the 17-19s? I've scoured the interwebs and don't see a lot of definite info, other than Trek themselves saying not to do it.

Considering trying out a Marzocchi Bomber CR coil on my 2019 EX 8 since they're cheap and simple. They're not offered in 210x52.5 though.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 6:51 Quote
WY228 wrote:
Can anyone give me any positive feedback whether a 210x55 shock will work on the 17-19s? I've scoured the interwebs and don't see a lot of definite info, other than Trek themselves saying not to do it.

Considering trying out a Marzocchi Bomber CR coil on my 2019 EX 8 since they're cheap and simple. They're not offered in 210x52.5 though.

Yes it will work fine.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:
Haven’t rode on it yet, but my previous fork, a cane creek helm I had at 170mm and it was fantastic in the bike parks.

Ah gotcha if you're riding park that fork makes plenty of sense then.

Let me know what you think of that DB air IL shock, I haven't seen much on those but just looked them up and I'm interested. Seem super adjustable for a great price.

ricochetrabbit wrote:
Yes it will work fine.

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 8:00 Quote
Love the pictures. Current day to day is an '18 Stache 9.7 all carbon and upgraded a lot. Thinking about adding a used '19 Fuel EX 9.9 into the garage as an alternative.

Posted: Jul 30, 2020 at 17:22 Quote
JGALLS wrote:
Love the pictures. Current day to day is an '18 Stache 9.7 all carbon and upgraded a lot. Thinking about adding a used '19 Fuel EX 9.9 into the garage as an alternative.

I've got a Fuel EX 8 XT on (distant future) order, but I WAS going to get a Stache 9.7 or a Full Stache had they not been discontinued. Too bad. They seem like super fun bikes.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
ricochetrabbit wrote:

photo

All of that money spent on the bike , and no dropper ? Not hating , just curious as to why ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.192638
Mobile Version of Website