Lets see those fuel ex's

PB Forum :: Trek
Lets see those fuel ex's
O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
benuntu wrote:
I definitely feel like the spec jump going up the 9.7 is worth it this year. You not only get the carbon frame, but the Fox 36 fork and slightly better brakes. Would have been nice to spec SLX brakes on the 9.7, but the Deore actually seems decent.

Finally, a 9.7 that's not out-spec'd by an Ex 8. LOL. Stiffer chassis of the 36 makes a huge difference IMO. With the new Top Fuel stepping up as a nice light duty trail bike, the Fuel shouldn't come with anything less.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 13:50 Quote
new bike due my wife to too!

about 9 months of a wait.

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 9, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
Hi guys, im wondering does anyone remove rear shock hardware from fuel ex 2020. I want to open and clean rear shock, but i must remove hardware 1st...

I dont have idea how to do it.
There is some metal sleeve/cylinder (im not talking about bushing) inside of plastic cylinders and they are tight together.

I guess i need some tool to push out metal sleeve, but what tool?

I was checking on yt and web search but always shows videos with much narower/ shorter hardware which is easy to remove..

Thanks in advance for help.

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 14:13 Quote
Brdjanin wrote:
Hi guys, im wondering does anyone remove rear shock hardware from fuel ex 2020. I want to open and clean rear shock, but i must remove hardware 1st...

There is some metal sleeve/cylinder (im not talking about bushing) inside of plastic cylinders and they are tight together.

I was checking on yt and web search but always shows videos with much narower/ shorter hardware which is easy to remove..

There are kits for pressing the sleeves out/in, but you can also use a bench vise and the correct sized deep sockets. I've done this a few times on my Remedy and it's not too hard after you do it once. If you don't want to go with my hacked together method, a kit like this will work: https://www.trekbikes.com/cnelectra/en_US/equipment/bike-accessories/bike-tools-maintenance/tools-for-your-shop/rockshox-rear-shock-1/2-bushing-tool/p/35400/

Not only will it work for the sleeves and mounting hardware, but the bushings too if you want to replace them at some point.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
benuntu wrote:
Brdjanin wrote:

There are kits for pressing the sleeves out/in, but you can also use a bench vise and the correct sized deep sockets. I've done this a few times on my Remedy and it's not too hard after you do it once. If you don't want to go with my hacked together method, a kit like this will work: https://www.trekbikes.com/cnelectra/en_US/equipment/bike-accessories/bike-tools-maintenance/tools-for-your-shop/rockshox-rear-shock-1/2-bushing-tool/p/35400/

Not only will it work for the sleeves and mounting hardware, but the bushings too if you want to replace them at some point.

Thank you mate !

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 9:09 Quote
Hi guys, im planning to upgrade my rear shock on fuel ex 8 2020 model.

I have found online good deal for super deluxe select + for Sante Cruz Hecler.

Size of the shock is same like on my bike 210x55.

So my question is, will this swap of rear shock which is tuned for different bike effect somehow negatively on my bike?

Thanks in advance for help!

Posted: Oct 17, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
Brdjanin wrote:

So my question is, will this swap of rear shock which is tuned for different bike effect somehow negatively on my bike?

Santa Cruz uses that bearing system at the lower eyelet. I had looked into this as well since this shocks are readily available. It appears to be quite a process to change that to a regular event at the bottom. Hopefully, someone can confirm/correct me on that.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 6:28 Quote
cirecc wrote:
Brdjanin wrote:

Santa Cruz uses that bearing system at the lower eyelet. I had looked into this as well since this shocks are readily available. It appears to be quite a process to change that to a regular event at the bottom. Hopefully, someone can confirm/correct me on that.

I'm fairly certain Rockshox shocks that come with the bearing eyelet have an entirely built-in bearing assembly unlike Fox that use bearing cups that install similar to a standard bushing. So you'd have to replace the entire damper body tube to one with standard a eyelet. This is just what I gather from my internet research when I was looking at shocks so I could be mistaken.

It'll look like the below pic, which wouldn't be compatible with your Fuel EX:

photo

You would need a standard eyelet damper body that looks like this:

photo

Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 17:09 Quote
2020 Frame Custom build
photo

Posted: Oct 24, 2021 at 1:12 Quote
Hi guys I hope you are doing well!

Does anyone know what frame bearing sizes trek fuel ex 2020 use?

Im planing to buy full set but can not find full set in EU web sites so ill probably buying separately.

If someone can just write down sizes and how many of them I need, for example this size 4 pieces, that size 2 pieces...

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
Brdjanin wrote:
Hi guys I hope you are doing well!

Im planing to buy full set but can not find full set in EU web sites so ill probably buying separately.

If someone can just write down sizes and how many of them I need, for example this size 4 pieces, that size 2 pieces...

Just call trek.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 18:09 Quote
[Quote="Brdjanin"]Hi guys I hope you are doing well!

Thanks in advance for help![/Quote

Order from Trek's website. They stock them.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 20:00 Quote
MrDiamondDave wrote:
2020 Frame Custom build
photo

Nice!! I like the spoke colours - I think it works well.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 16:55 Quote
photo

My 2020 EX 7 with some upgrades. Love this thing as an all rounder!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018677
Mobile Version of Website