2016 Giant Talon 27.5 4 brakes

PB Forum :: Giant
2016 Giant Talon 27.5 4 brakes
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 10, 2016 at 13:07 Quote
Hey all, I recently got into mtb and I purchased a talon 27.5 4 so pretty base model. I have been riding for a couple months now and feel I'm not 100% confident in the brakes. I'm by no means an expert so could it be the pads going bad or should I go ahead and replace the system? Another option is say screw it and don't upgrade anything and start saving for my first FS bike. Thanks. I'm at work but not looking to work much so any responses are welcome.

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 8:51 Quote
If they're hydraulic then bleed the brakes. Pads are good for a long time so I doubt they're the problem. After that clean the rotors with isopropyl alcohol and use gloves. No need to upgrade if they're hydraulic.

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 10:37 Quote
Bleeding is the last thing to do. Check pads, despite what you read in the previous post, sometimes they last only one weekend trip, depends on the trails you ride. Clean rotors and brakes. I use Motorex brake cleaner for car brakes (most important thing is it doesn't react with plastic and gum based parts). And then, if the brakes feel "spongy", bleed them, if you're not feeling comfy doing it yourself, let your LBS do the job.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007624
Mobile Version of Website