six or eight?

PB Forum :: Downhill
six or eight?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
sherbet wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
sherbet wrote:
She'll make you fatter if you eat her. Try her diet.
that is with out a doubt the best comment i have ever seen on PB. MAJOR props to you sherbet.tup Beer anyways, i use 7 and 7 right now but my front brake is on it's way out and when it goes, it's going to be 7 rear and 8 front. yes, most of the time it's over kill but the few times it wasn't, i would have been seriously hurt if it wasn't there. not like i broke my leg, ow, like impailed on a log bleeding out on the trail. i like my over kill.

Like overkill? Well hot damn, take a look at the Risse Bigfoot fork. =D
nah, that's unnessisary overkill. (yeah, figure that out, i dare you.)

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
sherbet wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:

that is with out a doubt the best comment i have ever seen on PB. MAJOR props to you sherbet.tup Beer anyways, i use 7 and 7 right now but my front brake is on it's way out and when it goes, it's going to be 7 rear and 8 front. yes, most of the time it's over kill but the few times it wasn't, i would have been seriously hurt if it wasn't there. not like i broke my leg, ow, like impailed on a log bleeding out on the trail. i like my over kill.

I can't touch that. Just can't. Damn.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:50 Quote
sherbet wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I can't touch that. Just can't. Damn.
my levels of stupid randomness are unmatchable, you will learn eventually.
Edit: anyways, back on topic...again...

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
ss:6&6
fr:7&6
dh:8&6

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
Thanks for all your replies! I recently switched from 8/8 to 8/6. I also noticed that having 8 at the rear is very responsive when braking, and therefore loosing your speed.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
I run 8 in the front and 7 in the back on my fully then 6 and 6 on the HT. I could definatly get away with smaller rotors on the fully but I prefer the bigger ones not for the power but for increased modulation and they also don't heat up as quickly which is always a plus.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 21:18 Quote
i always run 8 in the front and 6 in the back. there was an article in mountain biking action a few months back that said you will have the exact same stopping power with 8 6 as 8 8. just a thought for anybody out there insisting that they have to have their 8 inch rotor in the back. i believe that same article said heavier riders don't apply to this rule...but i could be wrong there.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
I ride 8F8R, just because I got the 8 incher cheaper than I would've got a 6" rotor

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 17:02 Quote
7-7, 6-8, 6-7, all great combos, i prefer 7-7 cuz its all u really need (and i get them cheap)

• Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033099
Mobile Version of Website