***Chain Reaction Cycles - SCAM***

PB Forum :: Canada - East
***Chain Reaction Cycles - SCAM***
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
I just recently ordered apparel clearance from CRC and cost me $202 CAD and i've chose Standard Postal free shipping. And all of a sudden I received and email from a Aramex courier services asking me to pay $80 bucks duties and broker fees.

I've contacted CRC and told them i have selected standard postal and shouldn't be Candapost is my courier not a different courier?

I'm still waiting for CRC reply and will post as soon as i hear from them.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
Jeserio wrote:
I just recently ordered apparel clearance from CRC and cost me $202 CAD and i've chose Standard Postal free shipping. And all of a sudden I received and email from a Aramex courier services asking me to pay $80 bucks duties and broker fees.

I've contacted CRC and told them i have selected standard postal and shouldn't be Candapost is my courier not a different courier?

Depends. I just ordered something last week and always had UPS or Canada Post as my courier but this time it was FedEx.

Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
Jeserio wrote:

You cant expect not to pay duty and or taxes on a $200cad. You should have went duty paid service.... would likely work out cheaper in the end.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 8:22 Quote
Yeah ALWAYS pay the duty/taxes up front. That way if you end up returning the item or if there is a warranty issue, CRC refunds you the whole amount. Vs good luck trying to get that back from the 'gov or the shipping broker. It also speeds up delivery time. Less time at customs means it arrives at your house a lot quicker.

Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Yeah ALWAYS pay the duty/taxes up front. That way if you end up returning the item or if there is a warranty issue, CRC refunds you the whole amount. Vs good luck trying to get that back from the 'gov or the shipping broker. It also speeds up delivery time. Less time at customs means it arrives at your house a lot quicker.

Its been hit or miss for me, ordered $200+ of tires and accessories: no duties

Ordered $240 wheel- got hit with duties and taxes

YMMV

Posted: Nov 29, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
Jeserio wrote:
...all of a sudden I received and email from a Aramex courier services asking me to pay $80 bucks duties and broker fees.

I am in the same boat. I selected "Standard Postal - Free Estimated delivery by Canadian Post", so I expected delivery by Canada Post. Not delivery by a private courier company I've never heard of.

I was expecting to pay under $75 in HST and about $10 for Canada Post's brokerage fees, at most. Now my package is being held hostage to the tune of $131. No details given on the breakdown of that amount.

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
I had the same experience this week as well. Std post and it went to Aremex. What a rip off.I am pissed as well.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 18:14 Quote
IDK why you guys aren't going duty paid, faster and cheaper usually.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
inverted180 wrote:

Because we aren't in a rush, and standard post would be cheaper than duty pre-paid if they used Canada Post as the option indicated.

Instead, they used a private courier without warning. And now that private courier is adding their high brokerage fee on top of the taxes due.

And the private courier isn't any faster. I paid the package ransom, and the package has been sitting in an Aramex depot since Friday. It hasn't moved. Emails and phone calls go unanswered.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
rayvermette wrote:
inverted180 wrote:

Because we aren't in a rush, and standard post would be cheaper than duty pre-paid if they used Canada Post as the option indicated.

Instead, they used a private courier without warning. And now that private courier is adding their high brokerage fee on top of the taxes due.

And the private courier isn't any faster. I paid the package ransom, and the package has been sitting in an Aramex depot since Friday. It hasn't moved. Emails and phone calls go unanswered.

If it's over $100 chances are Canada Post will also charge taxes/duty and brokerage fee. The brokerage fee is cheaper than the other carriers but still the cost works out to as much or more as the duty paid option.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
If it's over $100 chances are Canada Post will also charge taxes/duty and brokerage fee. The brokerage fee is cheaper than the other carriers but still the cost works out to as much or more as the duty paid option.

The pre-paid duty option was more expensive than HST + Canada Post's brokerage fee of about $10. I did the calculation. It was close on previous orders from CRC, but this time it wasn't even close.

I was given the option of paying up front, or rolling the dice with Canada Post and either 1) paying nothing, or 2) paying taxes/duty + $10 and still coming out ahead of the pre-paid option. I chose the second option.

And then, instead sending it through Canada Post as I chose, CRC decided to send the package through a private courier, which tacked on their own, very expensive brokerage fee. -- This is the root of our complaint. We aren't complaining because we had to pay taxes and brokerage fee to Canada Post. We are complaining because we chose Canada Post and CRC ignored our choice and sent the package via private courier instead.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
rayvermette wrote:
inverted180 wrote:

The pre-paid duty option was more expensive than HST + Canada Post's brokerage fee of about $10. I did the calculation. It was close on previous orders from CRC, but this time it wasn't even close.

I was given the option of paying up front, or rolling the dice with Canada Post and either 1) paying nothing, or 2) paying taxes/duty + $10 and still coming out ahead of the pre-paid option. I chose the second option.

And then, instead sending it through Canada Post as I chose, CRC decided to send the package through a private courier, which tacked on their own, very expensive brokerage fee. -- This is the root of our complaint. We aren't complaining because we had to pay taxes and brokerage fee to Canada Post. We are complaining because we chose Canada Post and CRC ignored our choice and sent the package via private courier instead.

depending on the item it may have a duty. For example a built wheel is 6.5% tariff. If you bought the rim, spokes and nipples to build your own there is no duty.

here is a good article https://terminalcityriders.ca/articles/importing-bikes-and-parts-to-canada/

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
inverted180 wrote:
depending on the item it may have a duty. For example a built wheel is 6.5% tariff. If you bought the rim, spokes and nipples to build your own there is no duty.

I just bought bike parts. No complete bike, no complete bike wheel, no tires, no clothing.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013343
Mobile Version of Website