Thoughts on the 2016 meta HT?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Thoughts on the 2016 meta HT?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2016 at 11:11 Quote
I am absolutely loving this bike, it can take anything! And man it is so fast and nimble. I definitely think this bike is a great deal, especially if you're going with the Essential or Race version. Only complaint I have about the Origin is the lack of a dropper post but I'll be getting one soon.

2016 Meta HT AM
  2016 Meta HT AM

2016 Meta HT AM
  2016 Meta HT AM

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 19:42 Quote
I have large race model coming next week. Im 5'11" and they said get a large. I was going for xl but we will see how the fit is.....i am a bit worried but I'm hoping it'll be ok. Easily the best looking and best spec'd bike for the $$$.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2016 at 6:41 Quote
You should be good with a large. I'm about 5' 11" and went for the medium for more playability and it feels a little small but not uncomfortable. I personally like the size I got, it climbs and descends amazingly and can rip up the pump track or dirt jumps. I had trouble the first time I took it to really steep trails but it was because I didn't have enough tire pressure in and it was super dusty and loose that day.

I agree, definitely the best spec for the money! And a beautiful frame no doubt

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 13:19 Quote
RossGreen15 wrote:
I've got the 2015 model, it rips! Only downside is the BB/ Cranks which kept on coming loose, I've since replaced them and it rides 10x better. Another thing to keep in mind is that the dropper only has 100mm of travel, so when the terrain gets gnarly you may have to stop and lower the seat... Aside from all that, definitely recommend it!
Yes! Mine does this also! Cracks me, bb's on its way out so will be changing

Posted: Oct 13, 2016 at 16:56 Quote
Anyone got a used they already want to offload? I'm looking for one, so hit me up if you're selling.

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 22:20 Quote
I am looking at the 2017 Meta HT AM. However I wanted to ask a question. Anyone having issues with LARGE framed Meta HT's with the seat-post getting in the way? I noticed that the Preview you get for Commencal Bikes never really prepare you for the seat being alittle higher at the lowest point on their larger frames compared to their Medium frames which I am guessing all their bikes are previewed as. Only reason I am asking is I plan on doing alot of dirt jumping and a high seat-post is more of a annoyance if it is to high. Any of you guys do alot of jumping with your Meta HT?

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 18:46 Quote
I jump mine quite often and ride at the pump track. Feels good, lots of clearance, but I have a medium.

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 at 12:16 Quote
Hello guys I'm glad you like your Commencal HT, I'm about to buy mine but as many of you, I'm between sizes, measuring 177cm tall (5'10") and 81.5cm inseam (32") and a negative ape index. At the online store they tell me that they recommend L or M depending on my riding style, but I just love to ride anything, road, climb, dh, technical, street; so which size would you recommend me?

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 at 12:20 Quote
Large....I'm 5.8 and large is perfect

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 at 12:50 Quote
thank you, but also, I'm concerned abut what he said!
TheeWildBoy wrote:
I am looking at the 2017 Meta HT AM. However I wanted to ask a question. Anyone having issues with LARGE framed Meta HT's with the seat-post getting in the way? I noticed that the Preview you get for Commencal Bikes never really prepare you for the seat being alittle higher at the lowest point on their larger frames compared to their Medium frames which I am guessing all their bikes are previewed as. Only reason I am asking is I plan on doing alot of dirt jumping and a high seat-post is more of a annoyance if it is to high. Any of you guys do alot of jumping with your Meta HT?

any experience similar to his?

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2016 at 7:57 Quote
I'm 5'11" or so and I ride the Medium. I jump mine and have no seat post clearance issues and handling is perfect, super nimble yet stable at speed. Not to mention it still climbs like a beast. It doesn't feel overly small either!

It just comes down to whether you will be jumping or descending a lot and how playful you want the bike. I haven't ridden the large, but I purposely bought the medium for playfulness and jumping agility and so far its been amazing. Im thinking the large would be a bit better for long climbs, faster and longer descents, and pedalling around more.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 21:46 Quote
I rode a Large Meta HT in person just recently. The bike had a dropper post on it and still the seat was well out of the way. Of course you aren't going to get the seat as low as a DJ, but for what I do I doubt I will ever notice the seat getting in the way in the slightest.

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
You are correct. All that's really required is the seat is low enough to allow a rider to slide off it to the rear when needed unless you are really doing some gnarly drops.
TheeWildBoy wrote:
I rode a Large Meta HT in person just recently. The bike had a dropper post on it and still the seat was well out of the way. Of course you aren't going to get the seat as low as a DJ, but for what I do I doubt I will ever notice the seat getting in the way in the slightest.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.080423
Mobile Version of Website