Enve bars - impressed so far content...

PB Forum :: Enve
Enve bars - impressed so far content...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 9:42 Quote
Just a quick topic pist to say how comfy these bars are.
I got the riser 740mms and man do they restore my faith in carbon bars.

Old set of Easton flat carbons split both ends but that was due possibly to the fact I ran stubby barends.
Comfy if a little flexy.
Old set of Easton carbon risers - farr tooooo flexy.
Newer set of carbon Easton risers - farrrr tooo stiff! Caused havic with hands/wrists.

All were 2nd hand.
Oh and a set of Syncros 2nds which I never rode as didn't feel comfy with idea having seen the indent at clamp area even though they felt stiff from jumping on bike.

These Enves however ride soooo smooth out on trail. Yet to find out longterm but good start.

I'm guessing the torque of 8NM means that it doesn't need to be 8NM or does it?
I was thinking 6-7NM or is this incorrect way to go about thinking of bar clampage!?

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
Found out the torque also depends on stem clamp too so it's a max guide folks.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 9:01 Quote
My brother just go me the Sweep Bars for helping him with a job. After about 5 or 6 rides you can feel the difference.

Its incredible how big a small difference can make by switching to carbon bars instead of alloy. It seems like these bars absorb a bunch of vibration but don't seem to flex at all. Smooth is the best way to describe the bars that ENVE puts out... actually, all their products for that matter.

They look good and feel fantastic... what more can you ask of handlebars?

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
I've also noticed that going from Thomson carbon to the Enve riser it feels more comfortable. Good bars for sure. Shame they are only 760 and not 780 for today's standards...

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 12:37 Quote
Abba - tragedy song

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 14:51 Quote
And yet here I am running Enve bars. I just happened to see the pic earlier and then saw this forum. Trollolololol.

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 at 8:52 Quote
maybe that v10 enve bars saw a tree so we don't know the context of how...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008479
Mobile Version of Website