YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 17:21 Quote
Anyone ridden their Jeffsy 27? Keep going back and forth between it (the AL one) and the Transition Scout (3)! Any input from someone who has ridden both would be awesome - pedalabilty to shredability ratio information especially!

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 23:40 Quote
Slickestwilly wrote:
What bikes? Did you get the ominous email from YT a couple of weeks back saying there was a delay till late may/June? 3.5 months in and I'm starting to get a bit crazy over here waiting hahah

I ordered the Jeffsy 27 Al one. I believe the carbon bikes were the ones delayed until June. But the aluminum bikes are still on schedule.

Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 1:44 Quote
SNG-DK wrote:
Take a look at the Tripeak "Twistfit". I put one of those in my Specialized Epic. They should come in BB92. There is a danish company that sells them. I wrote them the details of my crank and BB and he return with the order number I needed.
I am very satisfied with the one i got for my Epic. Thats with ceramic bearings. Seems that the 30mm BB92 is "only" available in steel.

Cheers

Sweet, I'll look into that!

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 2:35 Quote
jefftrancex1xtr wrote:
Hi,
Your picture was from October 2016, so you have plenty of time to test and dial/tune that Jeffsy with the Fox Float X2
1/ Any positive improvement?
2/No issue with clearance on top tube? Looks ok.
3/ Did you use the same bushing from incoming RS shock?

I upgraded my Pike with the Vorsprung piston + new SKF seals + 150mm Shalf (the 160mm was too much for big climbs), and improvement is noticable, but the stock RS RT3 shox can't keep up when I pushed the bike in rough trails .... I am thinking to change for that FFX2

Did any other Jeffsy owners have upgraded with that specific FFX2 shox ??
Your comments will be much appreciated, regards
JF
mingliu wrote:
alanme wrote:

That's the right size, just fitted an x2

Cheers bud. Fitted the Float X2 but haven't had a chance to setup the shock due to wrist injury. How are you finding it for rough/rocky terrain? Do you mind posting your compression/rebound settings?

YT Jeffsy

So here goes, the X2 is a great shock over the stock Monarch. However, I've yet to use full travel and this is probably my doing for not setting the sag/PSI correctly. I did not add any more tokens as I thought stock would be fine and I'm not blowing out on the rear. The climb switch is probably handy for road climbing but is not necessary. Shock is good for climbs. Clearance from top tube is fine. I used new bushings from TF Tuned. Overall its a great upgrade from the standard shock and will be a marked improvement for long rock descents and enduro racing => less prone to heat fade

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 10:56 Quote
I have a question about the DVO Topaz damper, how satisfied are you with the damper and does it fit to the rear of the Jeffsy?

Bye Marco

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 16:06 Quote
I've had it since December and like it more than the stock monarch. It handles longer descents better. Don't understand your the second portion of question. It does fit, if you get the right size.

Sushi0809 wrote:
I have a question about the DVO Topaz damper, how satisfied are you with the damper and does it fit to the rear of the Jeffsy?

Bye Marco

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 3:21 Quote
hi guys new to this forum, anyone in the UK live in cumbria with a jeffsy? in particular the 27, and wouldnt mind me throwing my leg over to size up(not test ride!!!) im in the middle of medium and large leaning towards large though. Was close to ordering the whyte t130 last weekend but keep getting drawn back to the jeffsy!!!!

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 10:44 Quote
photo

Good Times indeed!! Waiting for the Reverb to return from Germany, SRAM repaired it after some serious sag problems. Running a fixed post for now...

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 11:27 Quote
Hi everybody,
Thinking of buying an Invisiframe kit for my 2016 Jeffsy CF Pro Rawr/Black, but can't decide about the finish.
Gloss or Matte? Which one looks better?
Thanks!

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 13:17 Quote
thehobbit wrote:
Hi everybody,
Thinking of buying an Invisiframe kit for my 2016 Jeffsy CF Pro Rawr/Black, but can't decide about the finish.
Thanks!

I think the Matte is still quite glossy... seen a video on an install on a matte yeti he loved the kit and the protection but he was a little gutted that it still had a sheen... so I don't think it would be a massive difference? But it might be a nice change, I know people like the matte finish of the alloy as the carbon have that sweet smoothness!

Found it!
https://youtu.be/FyBKiOpiz5o

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 16:11 Quote
BigAAron wrote:
thehobbit wrote:
Hi everybody,
Thanks!

I think the Matte is still quite glossy... seen a video on an install on a matte yeti he loved the kit and the protection but he was a little gutted that it still had a sheen... so I don't think it would be a massive difference? But it might be a nice change, I know people like the matte finish of the alloy as the carbon have that sweet smoothness!

Found it!
https://youtu.be/FyBKiOpiz5o

I went with matte. I think the glossy would be far too shiny and maybe visible from space. The invisiframe guy recommended that for white or coloured Jeffsy's glossy looks good, but the black looks nicer with matte. I have the white and black comp cf 1 and chose the matte option. Glad I did.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 16:11 Quote
timoroosendaal wrote:
photo

Good Times indeed!! Waiting for the Reverb to return from Germany, SRAM repaired it after some serious sag problems. Running a fixed post for now...

Is that a new headtube badge or did you put that on there yourself?

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 0:29 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
timoroosendaal wrote:
photo

I think thats the sticker. I got stickers with new bike.
He should also check rear thruaxle lever. Looks like its just waiting to catch some branch and send him to hospital Eek

BTW, can someone check chainstay?
Does the cable enter freely into chainstay or does it have some plugs to prevent dirt coming in?
Just looked at the manual and it seems there should be some plugs. I got none on my CF1 model.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 0:31 Quote
I ordered my CF1 large 29er (in stock) on 16 April and it was delivered today. super happy Smile
So the carbon bikes in Europe are delivered these days, (the one in stock)

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 1:33 Quote
sokre wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:
timoroosendaal wrote:
photo

I think thats the sticker. I got stickers with new bike.
He should also check rear thruaxle lever. Looks like its just waiting to catch some branch and send him to hospital Eek

BTW, can someone check chainstay?
Does the cable enter freely into chainstay or does it have some plugs to prevent dirt coming in?
Just looked at the manual and it seems there should be some plugs. I got none on my CF1 model.

I have also got the CF1 and haven`t got any plugs there which is a bit a shame because some of the colour is chipping off where the cable enters the chainstay.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.183381
Mobile Version of Website