YT Jeffsy Owners Thread

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 16:29 Quote
wherermykeys wrote:
Just received my CF Pro today! Went together nicely except the rear TRS+ hub is pretty tight. It's to the point where the pedals turn when you spin the wheel and vice versa if you spin the pedals backwards. Before I open it up, does anyone know if these will loosen up as they "break in"?

Noticed the same on my 27 CF One (TRS hub), gonna ride it before looking at the hub.

Any 27 CF One owners get the E13 fancy tubeless valves with their bike? They weren't included in my parts box. My buddy with a 27 CF Pro got them.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:19 Quote
gramboh wrote:
wherermykeys wrote:
Just received my CF Pro today! Went together nicely except the rear TRS+ hub is pretty tight. It's to the point where the pedals turn when you spin the wheel and vice versa if you spin the pedals backwards. Before I open it up, does anyone know if these will loosen up as they "break in"?

Noticed the same on my 27 CF One (TRS hub), gonna ride it before looking at the hub.

Any 27 CF One owners get the E13 fancy tubeless valves with their bike? They weren't included in my parts box. My buddy with a 27 CF Pro got them.

Hey, I just fixed it. Wound up taking the freehub off. The bearings were preloaded a bit too much and there was a bunch of thick tacky grease on the pawls and ratchet. I wiped off the thick stuff and put a thin layer of slickoleum on, preloaded the bearings as per the manual. (snug up by hand and then an 1/8th turn) All is good!

Yes I got my tubeless valves.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 19:02 Quote
I didn't touch my TRS rear hub and after a 100 miles it's spinning much easier. FYI.

My CF1 29 came with the valves too

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 23:08 Quote
What does anyone think of E Thirteens TRSr carbon cranks? I can pick up a brand new set with chainring for $300 cad ($230 USD).

Worthy upgrade? Will they work with the stock raceface bottom bracket or the Hope PF replacement BB (I have both)? Will it throw off my chainline at all?

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 0:16 Quote
balls. the XT cassette on mine will only be 11-40... cba upgrading that! will see how it goes...

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 0:52 Quote
I've just ordered a Hope 10-44 cassette with an oval 30T, should work well.

I wouldn't recommend the XT 11-46, horrible jump up to the 46th

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:04 Quote
Funkhouser wrote:
balls. the XT cassette on mine will only be 11-40... cba upgrading that! will see how it goes...

I used oneup 45T sprocket on mine 11-40 cassette. Works GREAT!

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:12 Quote
yes have heard that, which kind of puts me off just getting an expander for the 11-40, but going 11-42 doesn't really seem worth it.
Looking into it ive now convinced myself i want the E*13 TRS+ 11-44 cassette! so do the CF 1 & 2 E*13 wheelsets have E*13's own hubs? can you get an aftermarket XD driver for them?

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:23 Quote
Apologies, but going back to the single chainring conversion, when you remove the front gear lever, do you need another adapter/bracket for the XT brake lever and Reverb dropper? Or were they all separate? (Not got the bike yet).

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:34 Quote
rikhal wrote:
Funkhouser wrote:

I used oneup 45T sprocket on mine 11-40 cassette. Works GREAT!

with the the XT cassette and mech? good to know... although they cost more than whole new mech! but considerably less than the e13 trs one!!

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:38 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Apologies, but going back to the single chainring conversion, when you remove the front gear lever, do you need another adapter/bracket for the XT brake lever and Reverb dropper? Or were they all separate? (Not got the bike yet).

they will all be separate id imagine? if anything the shifter might be bolted to the brake clamp but the brake will have its own clamp for sure. the reverb will too.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:40 Quote
Mine didn't come separate. Its all attached.

The shifter and reverb are bolted to the brake. The brake has no clamp either it's all together with a match maker clamp.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:48 Quote
MoseyMTB wrote:

The shifter and reverb are bolted to the brake. The brake has no clamp either it's all together with a match maker clamp.

Thanks for confirming, I should be ok then.

Will need to see how I get on with the upper reverb button, would imagine it's going to be really clumsy to use compared to the lower button I'm used to.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:51 Quote
If I was to upgrade a Shimano based 11 speed system i would be looking at the Sunrace 11 speed 11-46t and then running a slightly larger chainring. The gaps between gears are much smaller than shimanos offering and price wise is comparative. I had one on my last bike and it was as good a quality as Shimano. Especially since the fixed the issues with the 46t cog.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:53 Quote
scz4 wrote:
MoseyMTB wrote:

Thanks for confirming, I should be ok then.

Will need to see how I get on with the upper reverb button, would imagine it's going to be really clumsy to use compared to the lower button I'm used to.

I thought this, but in reality i didn't really notice a difference. Sure i would prefer an "under" moutned lever, but in practice its been absolutely fine and the matchmaker setup looks super clean too. If and when i snap the over bar moutned lever i may upgrade to the new paddle version....but hope i manage to keep it until they drop the price, as its ridiculous at the moment

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018654
Mobile Version of Website