YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:56 Quote
Yeah the new lever is really nice, but £80 is a lot.

Assume it's fully compatible with older Reverb's?

I need to make sure the 150mm isn't too much for my little legs before doing anything.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:57 Quote
Well i believe its for B1 reverbs upwards, so current model. In terms of 150, what size frame are you running? On my medium I have about 10mm of post from the seat collar. I have a 29" inside leg so pretty short.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 3:31 Quote
ffs its all attached? wonder how that works with the CF Two having shimano shifters and sram brakes? (im binning off the sram brakes for saints anyway so i hope the shifter has an ispec bracket and an adapter...

if the reverb is attached to them too ill be forced to swap it for an old under bar remote with bar clamp ive got in the toolbox...

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 3:39 Quote
Russyh wrote:
Well i believe its for B1 reverbs upwards, so current model. In terms of 150, what size frame are you running? On my medium I have about 10mm of post from the seat collar. I have a 29" inside leg so pretty short.

Oh well that’s a shame. My bike (on order) is a factory outlet model, it’s a 2016 so won’t be a B1 dropper, or at least not looking at the gallery pictures as it doesn’t have the Rockshox logo at the top of the dropper post.

I have a 30” ish inside leg so may be ok on my medium. Although when I measure from the centre of my crank to seat rail it’s about 0.5cm out from my current bike, but I’m sure I can get used to a slightly higher seat position, or fit 170mm crank arms.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 3:40 Quote
Funkhouser wrote:
ffs its all attached? wonder how that works with the CF Two having shimano shifters and sram brakes? (im binning off the sram brakes for saints anyway so i hope the shifter has an ispec bracket and an adapter...

if the reverb is attached to them too ill be forced to swap it for an old under bar remote with bar clamp ive got in the toolbox...

Well my CF 2 on order is a 2016 and has XT brakes and the dropper, so may all be compatible.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 3:45 Quote
Funkhouser wrote:
rikhal wrote:
Funkhouser wrote:
balls. the XT cassette on mine will only be 11-40... cba upgrading that! will see how it goes...

I used oneup 45T sprocket on mine 11-40 cassette. Works GREAT!

with the the XT cassette and mech? good to know... although they cost more than whole new mech! but considerably less than the e13 trs one!!

Yes, with the XT cassette. very easy to install and also look like standard set up.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 3:55 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Funkhouser wrote:

Well my CF 2 on order is a 2016 and has XT brakes and the dropper, so may all be compatible.

yeah mine has Sram Guide RS's apparently, yet everything else is XT.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 6:49 Quote
I've just ordered the new remote for my 2017 reverb.

Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake as the main clamp for the brakes is on the reverb.

Hmmmmm, how do I go about remedying this.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 6:50 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Yeah the new lever is really nice, but £80 is a lot.

Assume it's fully compatible with older Reverb's?

I need to make sure the 150mm isn't too much for my little legs before doing anything.

Actually its the perfect lever. I'm using it for almost 2 months now and its awesome!

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 6:55 Quote
MoseyMTB wrote:
I've just ordered the new remote for my 2017 reverb.

Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake as the main clamp for the brakes is on the reverb.

Hmmmmm, how do I go about remedying this.

don't worry dude. you made no mistake. in the kit you got 2 clamps to choose. if you got sram brakes you'll use the matchmaker oneSmile

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 6:55 Quote
Yep just checked and the brake and shifter attach to the reverb clamp.

Damn

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 6:59 Quote
Hey guys, i'm in the need for replacing my suspension bearings. Has anybody used the Enduro Max Black Oxide ones? Any impressions?

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 7:02 Quote
Good news - the upgrade kit comes with an mmx and standard clamp.

Wooooo

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 7:09 Quote
MoseyMTB wrote:
Yep just checked and the brake and shifter attach to the reverb clamp.

Damn

dude if your bike is shimano equipped then the brake and shifter are together and the reverb remote is clamped next to them. there is no way all three are clamped together. the matchmaker clamp is only for sram brakes. And if your setup is 2x you can't use it. there is no room since you got the left shifter. if you upgrade to 1x then no prob. you'll use the standard clamp.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:05 Quote
so closer inspection of the CF Two photos shows the reverb is fixed to the sram brake lever, over the bar, but interestingly its on the right hand side on one colour model but left handed on the other? The XT shifters as expected have their own clamps.

so when i swap the guides for shimano and go 1x i will be able to ispec the r/h shifter to my brake clamp and replace the l/h shifter with the reverb clamp (assuming they include one in the box?)

it looks like the CF Comp 2 has the shifters ispec'd to the brakes and the reverb has its own clamp on the left but over the bar.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023036
Mobile Version of Website