YT Jeffsy Owners Thread

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 5:46 Quote
What's peoples opinions on the Jeffsy CF Pro Race 27 for enduro racing? I'm looking for a bike that I can peddle all day, and mainly ride in the FOD and Bike Park Wales but still do some enduro racing and take out to the alps every so often. I was going to choose the Capra, but I think it might be too much bike, specially for the uphill's. I'm thinking of the Race because it's 160mm and got 400 off at the moment. One of my specific concern with the Jeffsy is the Fox Factory 34's and if they are going to be stiff enough for enduro riding.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 6:09 Quote
Serjo, where is your shifter?

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 6:16 Quote
Lt9512 no one will answer you bud as your in the wrong chat this is for the 29 Jeff

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 6:24 Quote
trivial one but i have no gromit where my gear cable enters the frame at the top of the downtube. should i have??

amazing how few non-drive side images there are on here

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 7:04 Quote
Can't answer for the 27.5 but I use my 29er for uk enduro etc just done ard rock on it and ride locally at FOD. Spend lots of time at BPW. The bike is flawless for this in my opinion

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 7:28 Quote
Rawkus777 wrote:
Anyone else found the rear end of the Jeffsy to skip around a lot while riding steep rough terrain? Just come back from a week in Morzine and found it hard to get good breaking control in the very steep stuff. I have a Float X2 on the rear and have dialled it in as best I can. Anyone got any Float X2 tuning tips?
Yes sir! Indeed I also think the rear end shows is weakness on steep and rough especially at high speed! I am also looking to make it more stable. The DVO TOPAZ seems like a good choice amongst jeffsy's owners. Don't know about the x2.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 8:10 Quote
Funkhouser wrote:
Serjo, where is your shifter?
It's broken Frown

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 8:20 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
Why not try CANYON SPECTRAL Not STRYVE as they have chip switch problems they are also direct mail order Not quite as cheap but still cheaper for the spec than other top end bikes

Looks like my order will be about 6 weeks late, not the end of the world as I have another bike to ride. YT is offering such compelling value in Canada that there is no other option to consider except Giant, and I just didn't like the new Trance when I tried it.

All the other big name brands (besides Commencal) are 25-40% more for the same spec.

What bike did you order? I am still waiting for my al one to ship. Was told around May 10th so I have my fingers crossed.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 16:02 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
Ridehigh73 wrote:
Why not try CANYON SPECTRAL Not STRYVE as they have chip switch problems they are also direct mail order Not quite as cheap but still cheaper for the spec than other top end bikes

Looks like my order will be about 6 weeks late, not the end of the world as I have another bike to ride. YT is offering such compelling value in Canada that there is no other option to consider except Giant, and I just didn't like the new Trance when I tried it.

All the other big name brands (besides Commencal) are 25-40% more for the same spec.

What bike did you order? I am still waiting for my al one to ship. Was told around May 10th so I have my fingers crossed.

Jeez, you are waiting until May 10th to get your Jeffsy? Where do you live?

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 20:23 Quote
Russyh wrote:
m88888m wrote:
welric wrote:

Thank for your reply, you're awesome! Unfortunatly I have a fox 34 factory, wich i very much like! Is there anything I can do with it to make it better? Think I'll also keep it at 140mm with the offset bushings! Really thinking about upgrading that rear shock too! DVO topaz looks great. Also looking at the new DPX2. Even thinking about a coil shock but don't wich one!!! any thoughts on this?

I agree with zsandstrom.
Personally, I think climbing performance loss is minimal wit h 160mm Pike, no offsets, position low. That's how I ride it, and I do 1500m + climbs in the configuration.
Now, the best way to upgrade the fork is to get the 160mm shaft and install Luftkappe. Luftkappe DOES make a difference.
I havent' ridden the topaz personally, but I'm riding the DB Coil inline with climb switch. The progression of the Jeffsy if perfect for a coil.
If the shock upgrade is currently out of budget, I'd save up, and get just 160mm and Luftkappe.
Note: The carbon DT Swiss rims are super sweet actually, no probs running 2.5 Minions. You can even run a slightly lower pressure if tyre sidewalls are stable enough. I use them on my Jeffsy, and I do full blown DH tracks and EWS tracks with it. Not a single problem so far.

Jeffsy Enduro with 160mm Pike

Bike looks sweet, My Luftkappe has been delivered this morning. I am running my Pikes at 150mm currently and not needed anymore yet, so hoping the setup will work well for UK trail riding and Enduro racing. I am also goign to upgrade the rear shock to a CC Inline Coil like you. How did you find climbing with the coil? do you use the climb switch? What spring are you using? the Valt?

Climbing with the DB inline Coil is great. Typically, climbing on forest roads, I use the climb switch, but as soon as it gets technical, I prefer without for additional traction. With the coil, the Jeffsy feels like it it glued to the ground, you are going to like it Smile

Spring: yes, valt. Looked into titanium springs, but decided against it as the weight difference is really minimum, and the valts are readily available. I got the shock from TF Tuned, they set it up just perfect for my liking.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 0:06 Quote
Cheers for the reply. I will get in contact with the guys at TF tuned see what they say about spring weight for me.

Thanks again bud

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 0:41 Quote
Long time follower of this thread... now I have a question to you experts. I changed 160mm air shaft to 150mm on my Pike fork (29"). With 160mm it measures 160mm travel, but now with 150mm shaft it measures 155mm travel. Measured from dust seal up to grown. Why there is only 5mm difference on travel?

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 4:51 Quote
Funkhouser wrote:
trivial one but i have no gromit where my gear cable enters the frame at the top of the downtube. should i have??

amazing how few non-drive side images there are on here

no gromit on this dudes bike, must just be on the ally frames?

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:18 Quote
Hi guys,

I just bought a Jeffsy CF 2 Comp and the guy is including a 160mm shaft as well as the stock 140mm shaft. Also it has a DVO Topaz installed. My question is, will climbing be allot harder if I use the 160mm shaft? This is my first 29er and I have never ridden either the DVO shock or Pike fork so going in a little green.

Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030021
Mobile Version of Website