YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
Anyone find that the stupid DT Swiss rear axle backs out from time to time? Has happened to me a few times now, most recently it was super loose at the bottom when I loaded the bike on the car. Obviously this is dangerous but I'm also worried I rode the bike with it loose which cannot be good for the frame or rear hub. This is on a 2017 CF One 27.

Do I have options for a bolt on rear axle that I can properly torque down? My DH bike has a bolt on rear axle secured by a secondary pinch screw and my Fox 40's are also bolt through. I love the security of knowing they are not coming loose.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 14:26 Quote
Krozking wrote:
Hi guys,

I just bought a Jeffsy CF 2 Comp and the guy is including a 160mm shaft as well as the stock 140mm shaft. Also it has a DVO Topaz installed. My question is, will climbing be allot harder if I use the 160mm shaft? This is my first 29er and I have never ridden either the DVO shock or Pike fork so going in a little green.

Thanks!

Welcome to the club! Also, that's exactly what I'm running right now, and it's incredible. IMO, the climbing is 10% harder with the 160, but the descending is 25% more capable. You lose a little bit of pop, but nothing too crazy. A good trade off, if you really want to crush the downs.

Also, depending on what you like out of your rear suspension, I've found that for my 87kg weight, just a little more than 30% sag, 1 spacer in the negative chamber, 0 in the positive chamber, and 175 psi in the piggyback has not only been supple beyond all reason, but also nearly impossible to bottom out.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 20:47 Quote
If going for a 160 fork, what offset should I get? And how does a 46 offset affect the handling of the bike?

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 2:19 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Anyone find that the stupid DT Swiss rear axle backs out from time to time? Has happened to me a few times now, most recently it was super loose at the bottom when I loaded the bike on the car. Obviously this is dangerous but I'm also worried I rode the bike with it loose which cannot be good for the frame or rear hub. This is on a 2017 CF One 27.

Do I have options for a bolt on rear axle that I can properly torque down? My DH bike has a bolt on rear axle secured by a secondary pinch screw and my Fox 40's are also bolt through. I love the security of knowing they are not coming loose.

Happened to me too twice! First time I it was so loose the gears didn't work properly. I adjusted the cable but it didn't help, luckily I noticed that the axle was loose. After that I started to check it from time to time, yesterday it was loose again after riding few days without checking.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 3:41 Quote
TheRealJuhana wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Happened to me too twice! First time I it was so loose the gears didn't work properly. I adjusted the cable but it didn't help, luckily I noticed that the axle was loose. After that I started to check it from time to time, yesterday it was loose again after riding few days without checking.

Same here. Every hundred miles or so I need to retighten mine.

I've never really worried since I try to oil stanchions, lube chain, check axles every two rides or so. If you're the "not touching shit till I have to" crowd, which is probably half of us, I could see it being a problem....

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 3:43 Quote
Has anyone tried the Fabric "Cageless" bottle system on the Jeffsy? Perhaps the bottle is a bit too big?

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 3:47 Quote
Will1848 wrote:
Has anyone tried the Fabric "Cageless" bottle system on the Jeffsy? Perhaps the bottle is a bit too big?

600 ml bottles do fit on the jeffsy, barely. Can't speak for fabric cage or their bottle tho.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 3:59 Quote
Will1848 wrote:

yep, dunny work

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
Thanks for the info! So pumped to start ridding this thing. I think the only thing left to maybe purchase is a Vorsprung Luftkappe. From what I have read it totally transforms the Pike fork.

zsandstrom wrote:
Krozking wrote:
Hi guys,

I just bought a Jeffsy CF 2 Comp and the guy is including a 160mm shaft as well as the stock 140mm shaft. Also it has a DVO Topaz installed. My question is, will climbing be allot harder if I use the 160mm shaft? This is my first 29er and I have never ridden either the DVO shock or Pike fork so going in a little green.

Thanks!

Welcome to the club! Also, that's exactly what I'm running right now, and it's incredible. IMO, the climbing is 10% harder with the 160, but the descending is 25% more capable. You lose a little bit of pop, but nothing too crazy. A good trade off, if you really want to crush the downs.

Also, depending on what you like out of your rear suspension, I've found that for my 87kg weight, just a little more than 30% sag, 1 spacer in the negative chamber, 0 in the positive chamber, and 175 psi in the piggyback has not only been supple beyond all reason, but also nearly impossible to bottom out.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 11:12 Quote
Will1848 wrote:
TheRealJuhana wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Same here. Every hundred miles or so I need to retighten mine.

I've never really worried since I try to oil stanchions, lube chain, check axles every two rides or so. If you're the "not touching shit till I have to" crowd, which is probably half of us, I could see it being a problem....

I check over my bike pretty frequently as I store it inside so I give it a good cleaning every few weeks and use WP Forkboost to clean the fork seals every few rides.

I'm pretty confident the axle was fully tight at the start of my ride which was a big one, 1,600m climbing 30km with a rough descent at the end -- so I think it backed out during my ride. That's the part that scares me, and now I will be checking it on long descents.

I rarely take my rear wheel off, so I would rather have a bolt through rear axle that I can torque down.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 2:33 Quote
Hey guys,

I just bought the Jeffsy CF Pro Race 27".

I would like to get the clear protection from Invisiframe, but I'm not sure which finish to get, gloss or matte?
Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 3:35 Quote
Buy some clear protection 3m or similar sheet in motorbike shops. Motorbike use it to protect paint. It's 5x cheaper for m2 and much tougher. It takes some time to cut it and you have to use hairdryer to apply it but result is great.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 7:09 Quote
I bought for my Capra AL a sheet of Xpel Stealth via a car wrapper, which is a matte wrap. That is the same as invisiframe uses. My Tues CF I did with Invisiframe kit (also matte). Doing it your self is cheaper, but fit and coverage of Invisiframe is better. Applying it already takes some time, but it is very tedious process if you want to imitate the quality of pre-cut kit and make your own stencils first.

My Capra has also less protection, but for aluminium that is ok for me.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 7:40 Quote
Have someone here changed the dt-swiss thru axle to a tool operated without a handle? Dont no where to find one with the right thread and Google dono sht...

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
Rawkus777 wrote:
Anyone else found the rear end of the Jeffsy to skip around a lot while riding steep rough terrain? Just come back from a week in Morzine and found it hard to get good breaking control in the very steep stuff. I have a Float X2 on the rear and have dialled it in as best I can. Anyone got any Float X2 tuning tips?

I had the same issue with Jeffsy 27. Rear end felt really bouncy under fast rough terrain regardless shock settings. I removed all the air from shock and added first about 30% of desired pressure and compressed shock several times. Then about 60% and did same thing and finally full pressure. It seemed that pressure between positive and negative chamber were more in balance after that and rear end worked better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013325
Mobile Version of Website