YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Author Message
Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 21:06 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
Ordered a Aluminum Jeffsy today... Now the waiting game, I wish they had pick up cause im 3 hrs away.

Agree. Just last week they were in stock and now says 3/15/18 for the Pro Race I was looking at. Hot bikes right now.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 21:25 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
Ordered a Aluminum Jeffsy today... Now the waiting game, I wish they had pick up cause im 3 hrs away.

Damn...what car/truck do you drive? San Rafael to San Clemente in 3 hours? Jeebus, you must drive fast! :-D

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 22:04 Quote
My Jeffsy got some upgrades. Arc27 wheels with Forekasters make the bike feel very light on its feet and the DB Air IL goes excellent with this bike.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 22:12 Quote
has anyone had issues with the TRS rear hub?
I had some side to side play in the rear wheel and took the hub apart to find the circlip was floating in there and bent.
I have straightened the circlip but it wont "clip" onto the recess. Have re-assembled ok so the circlip is in place and the wheel feels fine now but this is a bit concerning.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 23:09 Quote
[Quote="adespotoskyli"]
Alphadog066 wrote:
Looking to upgrade from Alloy to new Wider carbon Rims for the Jeffsy. 29er.

**********
A 30 to 35 inner width will be the best choice fitted with the CORRECT rubber



Thanks for everyone’s feedback. I think I’ll for for something between 28 and 33mm internal. Sounds like a reasonable middle ground.

Posted: Feb 5, 2018 at 23:21 Quote
Brake Check:
For those who have Guide RCS brakes - latest version that SRAM fixed re: post lever suck down issue.

My local trails don’t really push the brakes as they don’t have huge amounts of down. But a few times a year I get away to enduro / gravity trails and find the RCS’s to be rather lacking.

Super confident in the current setup/ bleed configuration - everything is as good as it can be. But the brakes seem to fade fast compared to the same run borrowing a mates bike(s) - Shimano XT and also other mates bike with Saints. So much more stopping power and for longer.

I assume everyone has the same experience? Or have I missed something? Tried resin and metal pads and confident no air in the system.
I think I’ve reached the limit of the kit?
I only can rate them as ‘ok’. You have to ride around them a bit on the big descents VS shimanos where you just ride.

Keen to hear from others who ride decent gravity.

Tnx.

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 0:44 Quote
So I really rate the RSC brakes that came fitted to my Jeffsy, to the point I have not even had to bleed them. Only issu I have had is a lazy piston recently which is parr for the course in the UK slop. I have raced Enduro and down hill on them and ridden big days at Bike parks and they really have been faultless. They are not binary in their action like Shimano. Where you get instant big hit of power, They modulate beautifully! But then they also don’t suffer with the wandering bite point of the latest Shimano kit, or the leaky piston issues.... I also prefer the RSC to Hope brakes, which I had always previously used. I much prefer the feel and power delivery of the guides. In terms of pad choice I have Uberbike racematrix out back and some organic compound pads that came free at Ard Rock Enduro this year. Both seem pretty good, longevity maybe an issue but 3 weeks of uk forest riding and they are still
In first class condition

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 1:32 Quote
[Quote="Alphadog066"]
adespotoskyli wrote:
Alphadog066 wrote:
Looking to upgrade from Alloy to new Wider carbon Rims for the Jeffsy. 29er.

**********
A 30 to 35 inner width will be the best choice fitted with the CORRECT rubber



Thanks for everyone’s feedback. I think I’ll for for something between 28 and 33mm internal. Sounds like a reasonable middle ground.

Very happy with my American Classic Wide Lightning 29'ers. Really light and makes my Jeffsy AL even more poppy Smile
Just a shame AM is closing down their business Frown

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 3:18 Quote
fautquecaswing wrote:
BreakLikeTheWind wrote:
So I replaced the main rear bearings yesterday (just the ones by the bottom bracket). After 11 months the old ones were toast. I bought a blind bearing puller and a basic bearing press off ebay. Half way through I really wished I just taken it to a bike shop instead. Only one of the three bearings came out clean, with other two pulling apart while I tried to remove them and I had to drift them out from behind. Fitting the new ones was straight forward. Have fitted Kinetic Bearings ones but given the faff I may look at posher ones for next next.

I'll have a look at replacing the other ones next week and report back.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Blind-Bearing-Extractor-Puller-Remover-Tool-8mm-10mm-12mm-15mm-17mm-20mm/131982076375?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=431588009338&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bearing-Press-for-Bicycle-Bike-Hub-Frame-Wheel/132382565661?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=431717676906&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I am curious how do you pull on such a short extractor?

In the end I gripped the bearing with the extractor and then twated it from the other side, drifting it out. The plan was that this would allow me to drift the bearing out straight.

I'll try Plan B next time (take it to a bike shop).

On another note I checked the Horst bearings last night and after a year they are still smooth. Popped the seals and regreased and good to go.

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 4:00 Quote
BreakLikeTheWind wrote:
fautquecaswing wrote:
BreakLikeTheWind wrote:
So I replaced the main rear bearings yesterday (just the ones by the bottom bracket). After 11 months the old ones were toast. I bought a blind bearing puller and a basic bearing press off ebay. Half way through I really wished I just taken it to a bike shop instead. Only one of the three bearings came out clean, with other two pulling apart while I tried to remove them and I had to drift them out from behind. Fitting the new ones was straight forward. Have fitted Kinetic Bearings ones but given the faff I may look at posher ones for next next.

I'll have a look at replacing the other ones next week and report back.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Blind-Bearing-Extractor-Puller-Remover-Tool-8mm-10mm-12mm-15mm-17mm-20mm/131982076375?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=431588009338&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bearing-Press-for-Bicycle-Bike-Hub-Frame-Wheel/132382565661?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=431717676906&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I am curious how do you pull on such a short extractor?

In the end I gripped the bearing with the extractor and then twated it from the other side, drifting it out. The plan was that this would allow me to drift the bearing out straight.

I'll try Plan B next time (take it to a bike shop).

On another note I checked the Horst bearings last night and after a year they are still smooth. Popped the seals and regreased and good to go.

I used the same method, attached bearing puller then hit a flat bolt with a mallet to drive it out. Came out straight but did need a fair bit of persuasion.

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 6:31 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
BreakLikeTheWind wrote:
fautquecaswing wrote:


I am curious how do you pull on such a short extractor?



In the end I gripped the bearing with the extractor and then twated it from the other side, drifting it out. The plan was that this would allow me to drift the bearing out straight.

I'll try Plan B next time (take it to a bike shop).

On another note I checked the Horst bearings last night and after a year they are still smooth. Popped the seals and regreased and good to go.

I used the same method, attached bearing puller then hit a flat bolt with a mallet to drive it out. Came out straight but did need a fair bit of persuasion.

I did grease them well before installing the new ones.


Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 8:45 Quote
Can anyone post the minimum center of BB to top of saddle measurement for a large frame with the e13 dropper slammed?

I'm right on the fence between M/L.

Thanks!

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 15:32 Quote
kwapik wrote:
alexdesignz wrote:
Ordered a Aluminum Jeffsy today... Now the waiting game, I wish they had pick up cause im 3 hrs away.

Damn...what car/truck do you drive? San Rafael to San Clemente in 3 hours? Jeebus, you must drive fast! :-D

I thought the warehouse was in Reno... I got shipping notice today so yeah guess its in San Clemente!

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 at 15:37 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
kwapik wrote:
alexdesignz wrote:
Ordered a Aluminum Jeffsy today... Now the waiting game, I wish they had pick up cause im 3 hrs away.

Damn...what car/truck do you drive? San Rafael to San Clemente in 3 hours? Jeebus, you must drive fast! :-D

I thought the warehouse was in Reno... I got shipping notice today so yeah guess its in San Clemente!

When the zink's ran YT-USA it was in reno. Recently they moved the site to San Clemente.

Posted: Feb 7, 2018 at 5:16 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15590810/

Just pressed in this B.B. from praxis works. Haven’t ridden it yet but the bearings spins fantastic. The race face B.B. only held up for 6 month in mostly dry conditions. Only weekend riding btw. Hope to get more out of this new one. It comes with dust covers 1x1mm 2x2mm mounted the 2mm ones. Pressed them in with lithium grease.


 
Active Forum Threads
11 mins ago - Ripmo AF Thread
12 mins ago - What brakes are people running?
26 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
37 mins ago - All Things Meta 29er!
37 mins ago - +27733404752 Black magic spells - lost love spells south Africa - Canada - Australia - Singapore
38 mins ago - +27733404752 LOST LOVE spell caster IN MALAYSIA-CANADA-FRANCE-U.A.E-SINGAPORE-AUSTRIA
39 mins ago - ☎+27733404752 Lost Love Spell Caster/Revenge Spells In South Africa Kimberly Angola Namibia Botswana Seychelles Malaysia
40 mins ago - BLACK MAGIC +27733404752 KENYA lost LOVE spell UK magic RING SOUTH AFRICA USA LOVE SPELL
41 mins ago - SIMPLE LOVE spell +27733404752 EGYPT LOST love spell SOUTH AFRICA MAGIC SPELLUGANDA
43 mins ago - +27733404752 Powerful Lost Love Spells That Work Actually in South Africa Singapore USA UK Lesotho
49 mins ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
1 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
1 hours ago - Lower back pain problems
2 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
2 hours ago - Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
2 hours ago - Specialized gone away from fsr to single pivot?
2 hours ago - Jeffsy 29er Thread
2 hours ago - 2020 Specialized Enduro Thoughts
2 hours ago - WTB Meta HT 24 Power Dirt Maxxis 2021
2 hours ago - fork upgrade for a (98-01) Santa Cruz Bullit?
3 hours ago - XCO fantasy picks
3 hours ago - WTB Meta HT 24 Power Dirt Maxxis 2021
3 hours ago - High Pivot Bike thread
3 hours ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
3 hours ago - Modernizing an El Mariachi Hardtail - How to slacken the headtube angle, and how slack to go?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007972
Mobile Version of Website