YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 10:53 Quote
m88888m wrote:
alanme wrote:
m88888m wrote:
----------------------------------------
Bottom bracket advise needed
----------------------------------------

I need some advise on the bottom bracket.
my race face next sl one is essentially gone after one season, so I want to replace it with something better.

Ordered the Hope PF41 brackets, but unfortunately, while their diameter fits fine, they are too long....
I was able to fit one (non-drive side), but am stuck with the old bb which is bad also after greasing/cleaning etc.

I read in the thread a couple of hundreds of pages ago that the Hope BB should fit fine, but maybe its a frame question (I have the jeffsy 29 cf pro).

Any recommendation, optimally with a link to the online shop where to order is HIGHLY appreciated Smile

(riding with a squeeking bb sucks!)

Did you remove all of the raceface BB including the spacer tube?

No I didn't.... That must be it.

Sorry for being a dumba...s Wink

No Probs, I fitted one to my CF Jeffsy went in no probs, you can put a spacer on the bearing before you fit it though for getting the chainline right.

Posted: Apr 27, 2018 at 11:36 Quote
RockNRolla92 wrote:
schwebbs wrote:
Has anyone managed to break their spline m1900 rim on their 2016 jeffsy right where the rim is bonded together?

I did on my Capra with the e1900.

Email YT about it, after sending them pictures I had to send my wheel back and they sent it to Dt Swiss who replaced the rim.

Though depending on when I'm 2016 you got it, it may be out of warranty.

I´m still within the 2 year warranty, so I´ll try that. Thanks

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 2:22 Quote
Finally switched the bike over to tubeless. Got the tape, the valves and sealant. Pulled off the tire on one side and pulled out the tube... to my surprise... RIM TAPE already on the rim. It was even emblazoned with the YT logo. I didn’t think the rims came with the tape. I put the rim on, added air until they popped on, added sealant through the valve stem, pumped again and SUCCESS! The rear tire was way tighter than the front, so it took some serious muscle to get it on. Anyone else have rim tape already installed. I was under the impression it wasn’t. Still nicely inflated this morning.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 4:44 Quote
Hipnosis wrote:
Finally switched the bike over to tubeless. Got the tape, the valves and sealant. Pulled off the tire on one side and pulled out the tube... to my surprise... RIM TAPE already on the rim. It was even emblazoned with the YT logo. I didn’t think the rims came with the tape. I put the rim on, added air until they popped on, added sealant through the valve stem, pumped again and SUCCESS! The rear tire was way tighter than the front, so it took some serious muscle to get it on. Anyone else have rim tape already installed. I was under the impression it wasn’t. Still nicely inflated this morning.

That’s not rim tape, it’s simply a plastic band to keep the tube from getting damaged by spoke threads/nipples/whatever. There have been couple other posts of people using it as rim tape, but do understand it’s simply a rim strip and not tape.
Will it hold? Long term probably not. Gorilla tape is cheap and works great.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 5:48 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Hipnosis wrote:

That’s not rim tape, it’s simply a plastic band to keep the tube from getting damaged by spoke threads/nipples/whatever. There have been couple other posts of people using it as rim tape, but do understand it’s simply a rim strip and not tape.

Whoa!!! Okay. That stuff is really sealed on there nicely, but I'll switch it out with Gorilla tape to be safe. Thanks for the info.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 11:50 Quote
Hipnosis wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
Hipnosis wrote:

Whoa!!! Okay. That stuff is really sealed on there nicely, but I'll switch it out with Gorilla tape to be safe. Thanks for the info.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 12:04 Quote
I'd say if it seals up and holds air, keep as it is, rather than start to fiddle with new tape. It doesn't have to be any magic tubeless tape, any tape that holds air should do the trick...

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 12:56 Quote
Vertti83 wrote:
I'd say if it seals up and holds air, keep as it is, rather than start to fiddle with new tape. It doesn't have to be any magic tubeless tape, any tape that holds air should do the trick...

Well, it’s not tape at all, there’s no adhesive so I would be a little concerned when the wheel flexes or goes through the normal motions of riding. It is a super tight band and does appear as tape until you cut it and realize it’s just a plastic band. It would probably work for a while, not worth the risk of walking back home IMO.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 14:07 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Vertti83 wrote:

Well, it’s not tape at all, there’s no adhesive so I would be a little concerned when the wheel flexes or goes through the normal motions of riding. It is a super tight band and does appear as tape until you cut it and realize it’s just a plastic band. It would probably work for a while, not worth the risk of walking back home IMO.

There was some sealant under the rim tape on the front. I removed it and used Gorilla tape. Best to remove it and replace. Learned some things and all is well again in Jeffsy land.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 17:59 Quote
Maxi 248 Polyester Splicing Tape - 1”x 72 yds, less than $8 on Amazon...all the tubeless tape you’ll ever need...

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 18:23 Quote
the TRS rims on my 2018 came taped and ready for tubeless.

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 18:45 Quote
Teuton wrote:

same

Posted: Apr 28, 2018 at 21:38 Quote
Teuton wrote:

All e*thirteen wheels do. It’s the DT Swiss one’s that don’t.

I had to redo the tape on my TRS’s though.

Posted: Apr 29, 2018 at 2:18 Quote
Has anyone here ridden both a 29'' Jeffsy and a 29'' capra? How much better does the jeffsy climb compared to the capra? Would putting a 160mm travel fork on the jeffsy make it more downhill friendly?

My rides involve a lot of climbing, and it also comes with a lot of going down, and pretty gnarly. I'm afraid with the jeffsy I'll be able to go higher, thus also descending harder, but then I lack the travel. Whereas with the capra, I'd climb less, and then also descend less lol

Posted: Apr 29, 2018 at 4:18 Quote
Hello smart people!

The raceface dropper on my medium '17 CF Pro Jeffsy is a smidge too tall, coz of the crank length. Not a huge drama but I'd prefer not to wiggle it when I wanna return to full extension. Can the OneUp dropper use the RF lever or will it require a new OneUp one (using the current cable housing etc)? Thanks in advance smart people! :-D

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006469
Mobile Version of Website