YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 9:08 Quote
Just want to give a huge shout out to e13 for the quick response to my warranty claim on the TRS+ cassette. I'm about 70 miles into my Jeffsy ALC and noticed the other day a ticking noise coming from my drive train and back pedaling skipping the chain down the cassette. Upon inspection I noticed that I had bent about 5-6 teeth on the 46t cog on the TRS+ cassette. Emailed e13, sent some pics and video, and there's a new alloy carrier already in the mail. Although, it would be nice for this to have not happened in the first place, their customer service has really impressed me and I really need that granny gear for the big climbs in Colorado. That's all.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 9:58 Quote
chacou wrote:
Just want to give a huge shout out to e13 for the quick response to my warranty claim on the TRS+ cassette. I'm about 70 miles into my Jeffsy ALC and noticed the other day a ticking noise coming from my drive train and back pedaling skipping the chain down the cassette. Upon inspection I noticed that I had bent about 5-6 teeth on the 46t cog on the TRS+ cassette. Emailed e13, sent some pics and video, and there's a new alloy carrier already in the mail. Although, it would be nice for this to have not happened in the first place, their customer service has really impressed me and I really need that granny gear for the big climbs in Colorado. That's all.

I have a ticking noise that only happens in the highest 8 gears, extremly annoying and cannot track it down. Doesn’t make the noise on the stand because torque is required. Wondering if this might be a similar issue. Thanks for the info, glad to hear they are backing up their product.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 10:25 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
chacou wrote:

I have a ticking noise that only happens in the highest 8 gears, extremly annoying and cannot track it down. Doesn’t make the noise on the stand because torque is required. Wondering if this might be a similar issue. Thanks for the info, glad to hear they are backing up their product.

Same issue here. My brand new CF Pro Race cassette got a similar issue on the 28t gear. It bent outwards (~3 teeth). Also I noticed that my gears are labeled wrong from e13 (the 24t gear is labeled 28t). I have a call to e13 to see about replacing this... The bike is 14 days old Cry

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 11:16 Quote
Just took delivery and built up my new YT Jeffsy CF Pro Race yesterday and took for a spin. I can tell I'm going to love this thing!

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 12:06 Quote
Does the 2018 Rockshox Pike come with tokens in it from the factory? I haven't opened mine up to see.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 12:20 Quote
DigitlBikr wrote:
Does the 2018 Rockshox Pike come with tokens in it from the factory? I haven't opened mine up to see.
I think I've red that one is in. Maybe differs by the size?

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 12:57 Quote
DigitlBikr wrote:

My 2018 Pike RCT3 came with 2 tokens installed from the factory.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
swartzie wrote:
Just took delivery and built up my new YT Jeffsy CF Pro Race yesterday and took for a spin. I can tell I'm going to love this thing!

Don’t think I’ve heard of anyone who didn’t! Enjoy, she’s a bad lady.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 20:30 Quote
Well, this is great. Has the jeffsy for two weeks now, close to 100 miles, and the bb is already creaking. Something in the seatpost is creaking like mad as well (e thirteen). Going to clean the seatpost saddle interface as well as I can, but I'm not sure what to do about the bb.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 20:34 Quote
A question for those with e*thirteen wheels…

I broke a spoke on the rear the other day (17 CF One)… I took it to the LBS and the mechanic there said he has a mate with a Tues with e*thirteen wheels and he had been breaking a few spokes too.

Has anyone else been having this issue, just wondering if this a common thing with these wheels??

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 20:36 Quote
DigitlBikr wrote:
Well, this is great. Has the jeffsy for two weeks now, close to 100 miles, and the bb is already creaking. Something in the seatpost is creaking like mad as well (e thirteen). Going to clean the seatpost saddle interface as well as I can, but I'm not sure what to do about the bb.
check to make sure the cranks are tight. If it still creeks, disassemble and grease.

Posted: May 15, 2018 at 20:37 Quote
DigitlBikr wrote:

Make sure it's not your cranks before you order a new BB. The Cinch is notorious for creaking at the interface between the spindle and the crank arm. There is good information in this thread about a dozen pages back covering the issue in detail.

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 2:50 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Couldn't find an answer to this but I've somehow lost the little piece that fits the cable going into my head tube on my Jeffsy. So my cable is just rattling around in a big hole right now. Not that big of a deal but should fix it to keep dirt and stuff outta there. No spare parts available on yt Canada's website. On the EU website I found that part but only for the capra. Think it's the same?

Or should I just electrical tape it shut and call it a done deal?

What model is your Jeffsy?

After a rock strike on my 2016 Jeffsy AL I had lost that little piece as well. As the little piece you insert is screwed to a tiny aluminium plate that is welded to the frame make sure that this bit is still there. In my case the aluminium plate ripped off and I had to get a custom insert machined by a friend.

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 7:47 Quote
schwebbs wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:
Couldn't find an answer to this but I've somehow lost the little piece that fits the cable going into my head tube on my Jeffsy. So my cable is just rattling around in a big hole right now. Not that big of a deal but should fix it to keep dirt and stuff outta there. No spare parts available on yt Canada's website. On the EU website I found that part but only for the capra. Think it's the same?

Or should I just electrical tape it shut and call it a done deal?

What model is your Jeffsy?

After a rock strike on my 2016 Jeffsy AL I had lost that little piece as well. As the little piece you insert is screwed to a tiny aluminium plate that is welded to the frame make sure that this bit is still there. In my case the aluminium plate ripped off and I had to get a custom insert machined by a friend.

It's a '17 Jeffsy 29 CF 1. Just looks lot a big oval hole to me, not sure if there's anything to screw a piece into. I know what you mean, though. It's the same as the dropper cable routing that goes into the seat tube, right?

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 8:43 Quote
How are you all servicing the x type race face bottom brackets? I pulled mine last night and it seems very rough, like the bearings need cleaned and regreased but I don’t see any way to remove the outer race without destroying it.

I put some tri flow on the race and it seemed to smooth it out but that will only last a few rides.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006205
Mobile Version of Website