YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
MarcusBrody wrote:
BikeRadar has a first ride review up. The guy says it is both more stable for the steep/rough and peppier when pedaling on the flats (due to increased anti-squat), but doesn't love the mismatched components as things were creaking and not shifting super crisply on his brand new bike and says that the slacker angles may have reduced the fun/playful feel of the first gen bike a bit.
The "less fun and playful" comment is consistent across all reviews or first impressions I've seen so far. If I was interested in a new bike this would be very disappointing to me, as it's what I enjoy most about my (1st gen) Jeffsy. I was fearful that YT would give up some of what made the Jeffsy so special and succumb to the longer/lower/slacker trend, and sure enough they have. At least I'll be able to enjoy my current Jeffsy without the nagging feeling that I need to update to the new model.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 21:04 Quote
Hmmm, I wonder if YT is going to launch something with less travel soonish? Admittedly that would be a bit of a surprise. But it seems like a lot of journalists have been hinting at that, given their comments about how it’s very similar to the Capra, Markus Flossmann saying they “accidentally made another enduro bike” and PB’s own article suggested YT might have something else in the works. Also have heard stuff about how they will be updating the aluminum Jeffsy’s frame in the near future, so maybe a joint announcement...

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
My hope would be a slack, good-pedaling 120-130 bike

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 0:47 Quote
bridgermurray wrote:
My hope would be a slack, good-pedaling 120-130 bike

Same, not interested in the new Jeffsy. Would like something like the SB130

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 1:25 Quote
One of the reviews I read said that they were testing the wrong bike and really wanted to ride the 140mm models. The 150 model really is too close to the Capra IMO. I hope the 140 rides better because I’ve just ordered one! Big Grin

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
Pab80 wrote:
One of the reviews I read said that they were testing the wrong bike and really wanted to ride the 140mm models. The 150 model really is too close to the Capra IMO. I hope the 140 rides better because I’ve just ordered one! Big Grin

Yea I have to agree with you. I'm having a hard time deciding between a Capra Pro Race and a Jeffsy Pro Race. I already have a MK1 Capra CF 27.5 and I was planning on also buying a new Capra 29er this year, but now I'm thinking I would be better off with the Jeffsy Pro Race 29er, since I already have a Capra. Something tells me the Jeffsy Pro Race could still handle bikes parks for the average rider that's only hitting like 10-15ft tables and 3-4ft drops. However, my hope would be that I would really be able to tell the difference between my Capra and the Jeffsy when trail riding and having to peddle all day.

I will say though, I already trail ride my 170mm Capra and pedal all day 90% of rides and it pedals great IMO.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 8:22 Quote
wtmorgan1 wrote:
Pab80 wrote:

Yea I have to agree with you. I'm having a hard time deciding between a Capra Pro Race and a Jeffsy Pro Race. I already have a MK1 Capra CF 27.5 and I was planning on also buying a new Capra 29er this year, but now I'm thinking I would be better off with the Jeffsy Pro Race 29er, since I already have a Capra. Something tells me the Jeffsy Pro Race could still handle bikes parks for the average rider that's only hitting like 10-15ft tables and 3-4ft drops.

Jeffsy can absolutely handle that, it’s what it’s made for, this year even more than last. It just depends on if you plan to pedal more or shuttle more IMO. The new Jeffsy pro race is going to be a beast.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
Does anyone know what that hole in the bottom down tube right above the top shock mount is? Kinda throws me off a bit.

Also, a gold eagle drive train would have looked sick on the Black Pro Race version!!

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
wtmorgan1 wrote:
Does anyone know what that hole in the bottom down tube right above the top shock mount is? Kinda throws me off a bit.

Also, a gold eagle drive train would have looked sick on the Black Pro Race version!!

Guessing it’s for electronic controlled suspension cable or lockout cable

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
Pab80 wrote:

Yeah I've found that a few of these first ride reviews aren't accurate, either. I'll find a link later but a bunch have said the Jeffsy has grown to 150/150, but that isn't true. Just on the top level pro race model. The rest are 140/140 just like the previous generation. I guess that's the only model they were able to ride in Spain for the press event.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 9:25 Quote
Ok so my jeffsy has gone, it's one bike that shall be missed but out with the old and in with the new. I don't fancy the new jeffsy so I'm looking at other bikes what have people moved onto from the jeffsy?

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
silverfox101010 wrote:
Ok so my jeffsy has gone, it's one bike that shall be missed but out with the old and in with the new. I don't fancy the new jeffsy so I'm looking at other bikes what have people moved onto from the jeffsy?

I'll be moving to a Knolly Fugitive LT, since there's no new AL version in the lineup.

On a related note: if anyone is in the market for a Medium AL frame with new bearings and newly serviced AND tuned Monarch Plus, shoot me a message Smile

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
silverfox101010 wrote:

Smuggler or SB130.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021046
Mobile Version of Website