YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
hipwr wrote:
Can anyone comment on the E13 Dropper Post on the 2019s? I know previous generation E13 droppers had issues so I'm wondering if this is a new post for 2019?

So I will say this - I've been using my e13 dropped post from my 2018 YT Jeffsy and I absolutely love it. I really enjoy the three different settings it has and how it ALWAYS goes back to the exact height you need. Mine did develop an awful creaking noise and I had to have my LBS rebuild it for like $20 but it's been perfect since then. I still love the mechanics of it over any other dropper post I've used (though it did take some getting used to).

I also have the new Jeffsy on order arriving in May and I would encourage you to try it out for a while. Get past the learning curve and see how you like it. I think that e13 gets a bad rap because of people complaining but I have found their products to work well.

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
hipwr wrote:
Can anyone comment on the E13 Dropper Post on the 2019s? I know previous generation E13 droppers had issues so I'm wondering if this is a new post for 2019?

So I will say this - I've been using my e13 dropped post from my 2018 YT Jeffsy and I absolutely love it. I really enjoy the three different settings it has and how it ALWAYS goes back to the exact height you need. Mine did develop an awful creaking noise and I had to have my LBS rebuild it for like $20 but it's been perfect since then. I still love the mechanics of it over any other dropper post I've used (though it did take some getting used to).

I also have the new Jeffsy on order arriving in May and I would encourage you to try it out for a while. Get past the learning curve and see how you like it. I think that e13 gets a bad rap because of people complaining but I have found their products to work well.

Thanks for the response. I've heard mixed things so far and a lot of the issues seem like they occurred in early prod models. I am not too worried about the non-infinite adjustment more so worried about failure of the device as a lot of people cite bad level feel develops or lateral play develops over time, which would be a bummer for a brand new post. I am still waiting to pull the trigger on a 19 Jeffsy CF Pro

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
hipwr wrote:

Judging by how much I hate it I doubt it’s a new post. Going from an infinitely adjustable post to this 3 position sucks. For mine, if it touches you at all on the way up it loses momentum and won’t reach full extension. Then it plops all the way down when you put weight on it. If it barely grazes my leg while pedaling it’s enough to not reach the top. Super irritating.

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 20:01 Quote
ajlane86 wrote:
hipwr wrote:

Judging by how much I hate it I doubt it’s a new post. Going from an infinitely adjustable post to this 3 position sucks. For mine, if it touches you at all on the way up it loses momentum and won’t reach full extension. Then it plops all the way down when you put weight on it. If it barely grazes my leg while pedaling it’s enough to not reach the top. Super irritating.

Yeah man something is definitely wrong with yours - mine doesn’t do that at all. That sounds awful lol.

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 20:20 Quote
[Quote="tkrumroy"]
ajlane86 wrote:
hipwr wrote:

Are you on the 19 Jeffsy?

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 0:04 Quote
has anybody tried Minions 2.6" with jeffsy29_2016?

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
[Quote="hipwr"]
tkrumroy wrote:
ajlane86 wrote:

Are you on the 19 Jeffsy?

Yup, 2019 CF Pro

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
ajlane86 wrote:
hipwr wrote:

Yeah man something is definitely wrong with yours - mine doesn’t do that at all. That sounds awful lol.

Mine started to get like that if I didn’t pull it apart and relube everything every 3-4 months of riding. This was after I was sent the newer spring. Not sure why E13 doesn’t just go with a much stronger spring and be done with the issues... I can say their support was top notch though!

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
nagan wrote:
has anybody tried Minions 2.6" with jeffsy29_2016?
They fit. Go for it.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 4:52 Quote
Does anyone know the specs on the original dropper on a Large 2017 Jeffsy?

I think it's a 150mm drop, Raceface Turbine, but I'm not sure of the total length.

Mine was broken and I sent it back to YT for fixing... but the post office has lost it. So now I'm facing the fact that I might have to buy a replacement.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
Psychotext wrote:
Does anyone know the specs on the original dropper on a Large 2018 Jeffsy?

I think it's a 150mm drop, Raceface Turbine, but I'm not sure of the total length.

Mine was broken and I sent it back to YT for fixing... but the post office has lost it. So now I'm facing the fact that I might have to buy a replacement.

Depending on the model it would have been a 150mm ethirteen dropper or a Fox Transfer. I don’t recall the turbines being specd last year.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 5:59 Quote
Question for you - I have a new jeffsy in order set to deliver in May. I really want to throw a fox36 on there but I can only find ones with a 51mm offset rather than a 44mm offset like what is sold on the pro race version.

Do you think it will make any noticeable difference if I just throw a 1mm offset fork on there?

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 6:17 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Depending on the model it would have been a 150mm ethirteen dropper or a Fox Transfer. I don’t recall the turbines being specd last year.

Sorry, that was a typo. Was a 2017.

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
Psychotext wrote:
Does anyone know the specs on the original dropper on a Large 2017 Jeffsy?

Turbine 150mm is what was specced.
https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/YT/Jeffsy-CF-One-27,19541

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 8:38 Quote
Cheers. Anyone know if that was the 440mm one? I assume so.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022162
Mobile Version of Website