YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 5:08 Quote
Jda6385 wrote:
Anyone having issues with the saddle creaking on the 2019 models with e13 dropper post? Thought it was my saddle but I've swapped it out and still have the loud creaking.
My MY18 had the same issue, With the same post however it wasn’t the post nor saddle. It just sounded like it was coming from the post or saddle. Took it in to my local shop, it was my suspension bearings creaking, and audibly going through the seat tube which made it sound like it was coming from the seat post. They dropped in new bearings as the ones in there were pretty dry and shot. Fixed it right up. Hopefully this helps, dude!

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 5:18 Quote
Joesuph wrote:
Jda6385 wrote:
Anyone having issues with the saddle creaking on the 2019 models with e13 dropper post? Thought it was my saddle but I've swapped it out and still have the loud creaking.
My MY18 had the same issue, With the same post however it wasn’t the post nor saddle. It just sounded like it was coming from the post or saddle. Took it in to my local shop, it was my suspension bearings creaking, and audibly going through the seat tube which made it sound like it was coming from the seat post. They dropped in new bearings as the ones in there were pretty dry and shot. Fixed it right up. Hopefully this helps, dude!

Check the crank cinch bolt also.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
Does anyone know if on the first Jeffsy 29 (2016 model) someone has ever tried to mount a 205x60 shock in Low position to understand what happens, if it works or not?

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
bortoluca wrote:
Does anyone know if on the first Jeffsy 29 (2016 model) someone has ever tried to mount a 205x60 shock in Low position to understand what happens, if it works or not?

Over at the B9er thread someone mounted a shock with different measurements. Mind you he used a 650B rear wheel which has more clearance.
I'd first release all air from the current shock and see where the rear wheel ends up before even considering running more stroke.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 15:54 Quote
205x60 are trunion, don't know if you can mount one on a 2016 jeffsy...

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 15:40 Quote
Joesuph wrote:
Jda6385 wrote:

A lot of creaks turn out to be frame bearings in the end, even if you're sure it's coming from somewhere else.

PS I made a chat for EWS discussion if anybody is interested

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=212648

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
Any water bottle/cage recommendations? I've seen the Specialized Roll Cage recommended, but can't find it for sale in Canada.

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
campasternak wrote:
Any water bottle/cage recommendations? I've seen the Specialized Roll Cage recommended, but can't find it for sale in Canada.
Thé zefal wiiz works pretty damn good. Just get a 400ml bottle, I have a 500 and it fits, but it’s super tight.
Zefal Side Mount Bicycle Water... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BWPKYQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

SKS-Germany Water Bottle .5 Litre... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CPIL0P8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
Anyone running a Cane Creek DBcoil IL rear shock? What's your opinions on it?

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 10:53 Quote
bikerwithproblems wrote:

Yes, me. And a few others. On a 2017 CFOne. It is awesome, turns an already capable bike into an absolute monster. Great traction, great speed and still nice and poppy.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
Here's a question:
I got the 2018 cf pro Jeffsy 29 this winter, and I'm wondering about the fox shock. I've always heard that the Jeffsy has quite a progressive linkage, but I have my sag set at about 23% and I'm still bottoming the shock a bit too easily. And note that I'm not a too heavy of a guy and I haven't even got to do anything too harsh on the bike yet, since there is still a bunch of snow on the ground. So should I be worried that something is wrong with the shock or should I just add a bigger volume spacer? Are you guys riding bigger volume spacers in your shocks?

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Jeremtb wrote:
Here's a question:
I got the 2018 cf pro Jeffsy 29 this winter, and I'm wondering about the fox shock. I've always heard that the Jeffsy has quite a progressive linkage, but I have my sag set at about 23% and I'm still bottoming the shock a bit too easily. And note that I'm not a too heavy of a guy and I haven't even got to do anything too harsh on the bike yet, since there is still a bunch of snow on the ground. So should I be worried that something is wrong with the shock or should I just add a bigger volume spacer? Are you guys riding bigger volume spacers in your shocks?

That definitely sounds like a problem with the shock, you shouldn't be coming close to bottoming out the shock unless you're 300lbs and riding at 35% sag. I would have a LBS look at it and if necessary contact YT for warranty stuff.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
BarneyStinson wrote:
bikerwithproblems wrote:

Yes, me. And a few others. On a 2017 CFOne. It is awesome, turns an already capable bike into an absolute monster. Great traction, great speed and still nice and poppy.

Thanks, I've ordered mine, looking forward to it after issues with my RS Monarch

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
Jeremtb wrote:
Here's a question:

Agreed with @tkrymroy.
Sounds like the compression shin stack may be blown. Contact Fox customer svc as it should be under warranty and they should get you taken care of.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
Jeremtb wrote:
Here's a question:

I agree with the others. AFAIK I’ve not come close to bottoming out my shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019902
Mobile Version of Website