YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 21:40 Quote
So I’m looking to drop my chainring from 32T down to 30 on my 2019 pro race. Are there any other options out there besides e thirteen to get a new chainring from?

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
Has anyone removed the e13 cassette from their 2019 Jeffsy yet? (I am sure loads of folk have), just wondering if there are any tools that I need to get for it as I have heard it isn't set up like a normal cassette. Is it just the usual chain whip, cassette tool etc? any hacks or heads up would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 2:21 Quote
Thx for the answer ,
I'm more interested in the shifting quality because if I compere to my friends xt it works way lighter than mu slx just its a standsrd slx cassette.

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 3:27 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
Has anyone removed the e13 cassette from their 2019 Jeffsy yet? (I am sure loads of folk have), just wondering if there are any tools that I need to get for it as I have heard it isn't set up like a normal cassette. Is it just the usual chain whip, cassette tool etc? any hacks or heads up would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

You need two chain whips, the cassette splits in the middle then you need an e-thirteen cassette tool, can get away with 1 whip if you split the cassette while still on the bike.

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 4:35 Quote
alanme wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:

You need two chain whips, the cassette splits in the middle then you need an e-thirteen cassette tool, can get away with 1 whip if you split the cassette while still on the bike.

You haven’t needed the ethirteen cassette tool for a couple years. Just a chain whip and a torx bit

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
alanme wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:

You haven’t needed the ethirteen cassette tool for a couple years. Just a chain whip and a torx bit

I needed the ethirteen cassette tool for my 2018 jeffsy.

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
Teuton wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
alanme wrote:

Looks like they have changed the cassette no special tools for the new ones.

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
alanme wrote:
Teuton wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

Correct, some 2018 early models shipped with the old style cassette but they should be phased out by now

Posted: Apr 20, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
alanme wrote:
Teuton wrote:

Correct, some 2018 early models shipped with the old style cassette but they should be phased out by now

Great, thanks again everyone!!

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
I have a cf pro- I am going to change my fork fluid and gaskets soon. I've found plenty of info online about the fork itself but not a lot about removing the fork from the frame. Is it just a simple unbolting at the stem? Should I be using carbon paste to lube this when I replace it?

How long are your brake pads lasting? I know it depends on conditions you ride in, but my stock pads that came with my RSC look pretty great -- I've got about 150-160 hours on them.

Any other not so obvious maintenance items that I need to watch for? My shock I replaced with a coil so that is fine for a while. I've already replaced the chain. e13 cassette is showing some wear but still working great. Do the e13 hubs need any maintenance or are they more of a wait until you hear something usual sounding?

My dropper has been sticking mid-way. I have to sit on it slightly to get it to fully extend. When it is fully compressed it seems to raise normally. I understand these have a nitrogen filled cartridge and not really serviceable. Anything you could suggest to check that can be done on my own?

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
Utkdoc wrote:
I have a cf pro- I am going to change my fork fluid and gaskets soon. I've found plenty of info online about the fork itself but not a lot about removing the fork from the frame. Is it just a simple unbolting at the stem? Should I be using carbon paste to lube this when I replace it?

If you want, you can just leave on the bike and service it. Save you some extra steps.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
I'm sure I am going to get biased answers since of course I am in the 29 thread, but I ordered a 27 CF Pro Race last week, and on Saturday demoed the 29 and I really do like BOTH, I just cant decide if I should switch to a 29.

I am not a racer and do not care if I'm 3 seconds faster on a section going down or even up. I live in Orange County California, but also ride in San Diego to get an idea for my trails.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
I'm sure I am going to get biased answers since of course I am in the 29 thread, but I ordered a 27 CF Pro Race last week, and on Saturday demoed the 29 and I really do like BOTH, I just cant decide if I should switch to a 29.

I am not a racer and do not care if I'm 3 seconds faster on a section going down or even up. I live in Orange County California, but also ride in San Diego to get an idea for my trails.

I love both too. I’d have gone 27.5 if I were going to be doing more park days or jumps. But 90% of my riding is all mountain trail, so I went 29.
On a side note, I’ve been VERY happy with my purchase because 29 Jeffsy is just as fun to air, jump and drop as the 27.5. I demoed both.

Posted: Apr 22, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
trjoedave wrote:
absoluteczech wrote:

I love both too. I’d have gone 27.5 if I were going to be doing more park days or jumps. But 90% of my riding is all mountain trail, so I went 29.
On a side note, I’ve been VERY happy with my purchase because 29 Jeffsy is just as fun to air, jump and drop as the 27.5. I demoed both.

Im just wondering if im going to miss out on that extra rear travel and front travel that the 27.5 gives me. When I demoed the 29 I blew through the travel on front and rear with minor jumps,I wasnt even at a bike park. I suppose it could have been it wasnt setup just right. The 27.5 has 10mm more up front and 20mm in the rear? (230x65 vs 210x50) I wont be living at a bike park either and my skill level isnt high enough to be taking bit jumps. I'd say I'm average or or intermediate at best

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 4:30 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
trjoedave wrote:
absoluteczech wrote:

Im just wondering if im going to miss out on that extra rear travel and front travel that the 27.5 gives me. When I demoed the 29 I blew through the travel on front and rear with minor jumps,I wasnt even at a bike park. I suppose it could have been it wasnt setup just right. The 27.5 has 10mm more up front and 20mm in the rear? (230x65 vs 210x50) I wont be living at a bike park either and my skill level isnt high enough to be taking bit jumps. I'd say I'm average or or intermediate at best

I don’t think it’s a stretch to say it wasn’t set up right. 10mm of suspension travel is completely negligible. I’d go with what you’re most comfortable on. However, with how progressive the Jeffsy is, your démo most likely didn’t have enough pressure in the suspension.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021212
Mobile Version of Website