YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 3:15 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
trjoedave wrote:
absoluteczech wrote:
I'm sure I am going to get biased answers since of course I am in the 29 thread, but I ordered a 27 CF Pro Race last week, and on Saturday demoed the 29 and I really do like BOTH, I just cant decide if I should switch to a 29.

I am not a racer and do not care if I'm 3 seconds faster on a section going down or even up. I live in Orange County California, but also ride in San Diego to get an idea for my trails.

I love both too. I’d have gone 27.5 if I were going to be doing more park days or jumps. But 90% of my riding is all mountain trail, so I went 29.
On a side note, I’ve been VERY happy with my purchase because 29 Jeffsy is just as fun to air, jump and drop as the 27.5. I demoed both.

Im just wondering if im going to miss out on that extra rear travel and front travel that the 27.5 gives me. When I demoed the 29 I blew through the travel on front and rear with minor jumps,I wasnt even at a bike park. I suppose it could have been it wasnt setup just right. The 27.5 has 10mm more up front and 20mm in the rear? (230x65 vs 210x50) I wont be living at a bike park either and my skill level isnt high enough to be taking bit jumps. I'd say I'm average or or intermediate at best

Agree with the other comments, I’m sure it’s a set up problem. 10mm of travel does make a difference though.

I love jumping off stuff on my Jeffsy.

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
Does anyone know what it would do the geo on the 29 if I changed the air shaft on the fork to be 160mm vs the 150 it comes with? Does it slacken by .5 degree? What affect does it have on the rear shock?

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
Does anyone know what it would do the geo on the 29 if I changed the air shaft on the fork to be 160mm vs the 150 it comes with? Does it slacken by .5 degree? What affect does it have on the rear shock?

It will raise bb a bit, slacken the seat tube a bit and raise the front 10mm all these are minor changes when sagged though

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:

https://bikegeo.muha.cc

IIRC it changes more than 0.5 - no effect on the rear shock that i know of?

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
thanks all, ill ride the 150 for now and when it comes time for service i'll decide if i even need the 160 (doubtful)

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
Anyone running a Marzocchi Bomber CR Rear Shock? Thoughts, opinions?

I'm pretty sold on a coil, but don't wanna break the bank. The Marzocchi looks like a good, no frills option. I'm a big dude and am pretty hard on my equipment. Currently running my air pressure on the rear at near the factory limit.

Same size (210mm x 50mm) I assume?

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
eatplasticwater wrote:

I'm pretty sold on a coil, but don't wanna break the bank. The Marzocchi looks like a good, no frills option. I'm a big dude and am pretty hard on my equipment. Currently running my air pressure on the rear at near the factory limit.

I put a DPX2 on my 18 Jeffsy Al and wow did it make it feel like a new bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
I don't think they make DPX2 in metric size, at least not at 210mm x 50mm. What size did you use? What size spring?

[EDIT] I thought you meant the DHX2 coil shock

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
2018 Jeffsy 29 uses a 200x57 shock.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 19:14 Quote
Got it. I'm on a 2019 CF Pro.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 21:49 Quote
eatplasticwater wrote:
Got it. I'm on a 2019 CF Pro.

If your gonna replace it, go 210x55. Easier to sell too if you don’t like it.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
Good advice, thanks.

Looking at the CF Pro Race, it uses a 210x55 and has 150mm of travel. Assuming that the extra 5mm of stroke length (insert Beavis and Butthead laughter here) with a new rear shock on my bike would bump my travel up to 150mm as well.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 15:06 Quote
eatplasticwater wrote:
Good advice, thanks.

Looking at the CF Pro Race, it uses a 210x55 and has 150mm of travel. Assuming that the extra 5mm of stroke length (insert Beavis and Butthead laughter here) with a new rear shock on my bike would bump my travel up to 150mm as well.

That’s correct.

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 2:45 Quote
eatplasticwater wrote:
Good advice, thanks.

If you have a 210x50 shock you can remove the travel limiter and make it x55

O+
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
eatplasticwater wrote:

Pretty sure the Bomber is just a rebranded Fox Van R? Good reliable shock but limited tuning ability, depends how detailed you like to get with rebound/compression settings. Also heavy especially without a light weight spring. Really depends what you are going for.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017990
Mobile Version of Website