YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 15:01 Quote
Pacman922 wrote:
Heist30 wrote:
Yea, if the bike shipped with tubeless valves and the rim has the DT Swiss tubeless ready tape like shown on their site, you are good to go.

Rim tape was not needed, the 2019 yt has tubeless ready tape already just in case anyone was wondering. Made it extremely simple to install everything

I'll check again but don't think I got tubeless valves with my 19 Jeffsy 29er comp?!

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
b0yjeenyus wrote:
Pacman922 wrote:
Heist30 wrote:
Yea, if the bike shipped with tubeless valves and the rim has the DT Swiss tubeless ready tape like shown on their site, you are good to go.

Rim tape was not needed, the 2019 yt has tubeless ready tape already just in case anyone was wondering. Made it extremely simple to install everything

I'll check again but don't think I got tubeless valves with my 19 Jeffsy 29er comp?!

Maybe because it is a different wheelset and DT Swiss includes them and EThirteen does not

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
Pacman922 wrote:
Heist30 wrote:

since im local and did a pickup they went ahead and set it up tubeless for me already, put valves and stans in for me

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
some minor mods

i call her gold finger

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
some minor mods

i call her gold finger

Pretty sick. I changed out my bars to those as well and was considering the Fox stem cap as well. Which chain did you go with? Did it make shifting any worse? I finally got mine dialed so I’m a little hesitant to mess with my drive train. However once my cassette needs changing I’m definitely going XX1 gold cassette, chain and derailleur.

What grip clamps are those and would they fit OGI grips?

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
spizike9 wrote:

Pretty sick. I changed out my bars to those as well and was considering the Fox stem cap as well. Which chain did you go with? Did it make shifting any worse? I finally got mine dialed so I’m a little hesitant to mess with my drive train. However once my cassette needs changing I’m definitely going XX1 gold cassette, chain and derailleur.

Thanks appreciate it! The chain is kmc 11 speed. Got it off amazon hair under $70 if I recall. I sized it exactly the same as my Shimano chain and have not noticed any issues shifting or back peddling problems like some mentioned. Granted everything on my bike is still fairly new. I’ve done maybe 100 miles on the bike so far. They are odi clamps. If you go to their site they have them listed. Considered “kash gold”. They don’t sell those clamps separately so I had to buy the grips that came with them.

Yea I think I’ll eventually upgrade to xx1 when things start wearing out as well

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
spizike9 wrote:

Thanks appreciate it! The chain is kmc 11 speed. Got it off amazon hair under $70 if I recall. I sized it exactly the same as my Shimano chain and have not noticed any issues shifting or back peddling problems like some mentioned. Granted everything on my bike is still fairly new. I’ve done maybe 100 miles on the bike so far. They are odi clamps. If you go to their site they have them listed. Considered “kash gold”. They don’t sell those clamps separately so I had to buy the grips that came with them.

Yea I think I’ll eventually upgrade to xx1 when things start wearing out as well

Awesome! I wanted to buy gold clamps but the ones on Jensen looked like a different gold so that makes sense that those are kash gold. Sweet. Maybe I’ll end up getting that chain as well. Looks awesome.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
Yea the other odi gold doesn’t quite match.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 17:07 Quote
Sick looking Pro Race, nice job on the accents.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 17:23 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Sick looking Pro Race, nice job on the accents.

Thanks!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
Hi guys,

It would appear my 2017 CF 29er as some play in the main pivot bearing. Is this a common theme? Am I best ordering this kit directly from YT, or source someone else in the UK?

https://www.yt-industries.com/uk/detail/index/sArticle/1454

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Hi guys,

It would appear my 2017 CF 29er as some play in the main pivot bearing. Is this a common theme? Am I best ordering this kit directly from YT, or source someone else in the UK?

Bearing wear out. Especially in your wet uk conditions. You could open up and grease again but I would personally just get a new sets of bearings. I would also check others and replace all at same time. Should be a few bucks each

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Hi guys,

Acer Racing have great bearings at good prices. Might be worth a glance

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
Anyone have a handpump mounted to the waterbottle holder? the waterbottle mount bolts were kinda low so wasnt sure if some might stick out or not. I have a 2019 AL 29er

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
Pacman922 wrote:
Anyone have a handpump mounted to the waterbottle holder? the waterbottle mount bolts were kinda low so wasnt sure if some might stick out or not. I have a 2019 AL 29er

I have the 17’ cf and do!i put guerrilla tape on the frame where the top and bottom of my pump rubs

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036249
Mobile Version of Website