YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 19:41 Quote
I apologize if this has been asked/covered previously, but has anyone read/heard if the AL Jeffsy model will get the new frame design soon? I'm planning to get the AL but would definitely hold out for the redesign.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
Haven't heard about any plans on updating the AL model. Probably best to call or email YT and ask them directly.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 1:22 Quote
I want to change my brakes to xtr. The problem though is that my reverb is connected on top of the left brakeset and the shifter is also connected to the right brakeset. Is there anything I can buy to solve this? By the way I have the 2017 cf pro race 29.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 4:24 Quote
ibis09 wrote:
I want to change my brakes to xtr. The problem though is that my reverb is connected on top of the left brakeset and the shifter is also connected to the right brakeset. Is there anything I can buy to solve this? By the way I have the 2017 cf pro race 29.

Yes there is a collar to buy to set your reverb alone.
It also exists collars to mix shimano and sram brakes/shifters.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
cdavebolt wrote:
I apologize if this has been asked/covered previously, but has anyone read/heard if the AL Jeffsy model will get the new frame design soon? I'm planning to get the AL but would definitely hold out for the redesign.

I actually asked them on Tuesday when I ordered my CF Pro (which showed up on Thursday!) and he said they have received absolutely no word about an ETA. He said they hadn't even been told if there would even be one, but that he can't imagine there wouldn't be.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
If there were it would prob be at the end of the year

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
quick question for user's of jeffsy . I am at point buying a new bike now and I spot jeffsy that can be pretty good candidate for new bike . Now we have new gen of jeffsy and can somebody compere this two gen's and fox or rockshox option work better on this bike or its just what somebody prefer rreally,

Thx for your answers!
Cheers

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
Thanks guys, I may hold out until next years model just to see. I imagine I'd like the older frame geo as well, but I was able to test ride the new bike at Dirtfest last weekend and really liked it. And unfortunately don't have the funding to step up to the comp model.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 17:21 Quote
Got a 2019 Jeffsy CF Pro and want to ditch the RS Deluxe as I'm not thrilled with it's sharp edge performance, which is 50% of the terrain I'm riding. From my research I think I've landed on a DPX2 210x55 in either factory or elite, don't really care. The inline Cane Creek is interesting, but I don't really want to deal with a switch for climbing. Two questions: are there takeoffs from certain bikes I should avoid due to different shock tunes? And will I need different hardware to mount it than the Deluxe?

I tried searching for answers for a loooong time and couldn't quite figure it out. I know the shock can have different tunes for different bikes, bust don't know how to know which is ok and which isn't.

Thanks!

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 18:48 Quote
Thinking about the Jeffsy 29 CF comp but wondering if the extra $500 to step into the CF pro is worth it. I'm kinda worried about the carbon rear triangle but it's in stock . The drive train might be better but wasn't sure about the rockshox. Any insight would be appreciated. Save $500 or use the $500 to upgrade something else? Thanks in advance.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
Synergy26 wrote:
Thinking about the Jeffsy 29 CF comp but wondering if the extra $500 to step into the CF pro is worth it. I'm kinda worried about the carbon rear triangle but it's in stock . The drive train might be better but wasn't sure about the rockshox. Any insight would be appreciated. Save $500 or use the $500 to upgrade something else? Thanks in advance.

I just got the pro and in my opinion it's not worth it for $500 with the caveat that I love the GX drivetrain, but the Comp drivetrain seems to be well received as well. With a Vet discount the Pro was only $200 more than the comp as they have a sliding scale of discounts for different bikes, so between that and it being in stock that's why I chose it. I LOVE the Pike and the Deluxe RT3 is awesome on flow trails, but not so great on sharp edge stuff - I'm shopping for a replacement.

Hope that helps!

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 21:29 Quote
razorscs wrote:
Got a 2019 Jeffsy CF Pro and want to ditch the RS Deluxe as I'm not thrilled with it's sharp edge performance, which is 50% of the terrain I'm riding. From my research I think I've landed on a DPX2 210x55 in either factory or elite, don't really care. The inline Cane Creek is interesting, but I don't really want to deal with a switch for climbing. Two questions: are there takeoffs from certain bikes I should avoid due to different shock tunes? And will I need different hardware to mount it than the Deluxe?

I tried searching for answers for a loooong time and couldn't quite figure it out. I know the shock can have different tunes for different bikes, bust don't know how to know which is ok and which isn't.

Thanks!

You can get volume spacers and “tune” it how you want. The spacers are a few bucks each. They have different sizes and you can stack them if needed. I have the pro race with dpx2 and it’s a great shock and pretty linear imho. If you wanted it more progressive / ramp up more you would prob have to add a spacer. But keep in mind rider weight and riding style all plays a factor. One persons setting and feedback should be taken with a grain of salt. Consider your riding conditions, how you ride, and your weight.

Posted: May 25, 2019 at 23:44 Quote
absoluteczech wrote:
razorscs wrote:

Thanks!

You can get volume spacers and “tune” it how you want. The spacers are a few bucks each. They have different sizes and you can stack them if needed. I have the pro race with dpx2 and it’s a great shock and pretty linear imho. If you wanted it more progressive / ramp up more you would prob have to add a spacer. But keep in mind rider weight and riding style all plays a factor. One persons setting and feedback should be taken with a grain of salt. Consider your riding conditions, how you ride, and your weight.

square edge hits on jeffsys equipped with rs shock sucks in general, no amount of volume spacers can correct this as it's the compression tuning that's off. I once tried a fox evo float that came off of a mondraker foxy and was blown away by how more compliant the rear suspension was, to bad I did not keep it. It's a cheap shock but worked much better than the rs monarch rc3 plus I bought after. And yes there are tunes you have to avoid but problem with fox is that they have a bunch of different codes so it makes it difficult to hit the right one

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
adespotoskyli wrote:
absoluteczech wrote:
razorscs wrote:

Thanks!

square edge hits on jeffsys equipped with rs shock sucks in general, no amount of volume spacers can correct this as it's the compression tuning that's off. I once tried a fox evo float that came off of a mondraker foxy and was blown away by how more compliant the rear suspension was, to bad I did not keep it. It's a cheap shock but worked much better than the rs monarch rc3 plus I bought after. And yes there are tunes you have to avoid but problem with fox is that they have a bunch of different codes so it makes it difficult to hit the right one

Hmm, I wonder if I'd just be better off getting a EVOL Float then and save some cash? I don't really need the performance of a DPX2, I really just want it's compliance... I don't ride huge stuff so I don't really feel like I need a full on piggyback - unless the DPX2 rides totally different. Too many choices haha

Edit - Just bought a Topaz haha. From what I've read I'm excited about it! Seems like between that and DPX2 you really can't go wrong...

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
fautquecaswing wrote:
ibis09 wrote:

Yes there is a collar to buy to set your reverb alone.
It also exists collars to mix shimano and sram brakes/shifters.

Awesome, do you know any site that sells this? I have been looking around in our lbs but have no luck.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019056
Mobile Version of Website