YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
No, carbon fiber seem to be fine in this area of the frame.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
Hello! Sorry if this has been covered before...

Had my heart set on a Jeffsy for ages now, and after test riding a few....came away set on a 29er after always being a 650b fan.

The question is...can I justify the Pro Race over the Pro!? I’m a half decent rider, but just for fun and get loads of enjoyment out of riding. Do you guys think the pro race is worth it over the Pro? Or am I better off getting the Pro and spending extra on a coil (to 150mm), increasing the pike travel and buying a carbon bar?

This would be a real treat for me, and tend to keep my bikes for a while....I would be super happy with either, but in your eyes if the pro race worth the extra, and why preferably!

Cheers!

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
kiplings wrote:

Had my heart set on a Jeffsy for ages now, and after test riding a few....came away set on a 29er after always being a 650b fan.

The question is...can I justify the Pro Race over the Pro!? I’m a half decent rider, but just for fun and get loads of enjoyment out of riding. Do you guys think the pro race is worth it over the Pro? Or am I better off getting the Pro and spending extra on a coil (to 150mm), increasing the pike travel and buying a carbon bar?

This would be a real treat for me, and tend to keep my bikes for a while....I would be super happy with either, but in your eyes if the pro race worth the extra, and why preferably!

Cheers!

I think it's just a personal choice, but one you can't really go wrong with as they are both great bikes. For me it wasn't worth it, I got a Topaz and extended the Pike's travel and I couldn't be happier - especially considering I'm well over a $1000 in savings over a Pro Race.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
kiplings wrote:

Cheers!

Having put a coil on the old model Jeffsy, and seen how much it transforms the bike, I'd be tempted to do the same with the new one.

One thing that I've found with the old one has been that as I've improved the suspension, Guide brakes aren't really up to scratch any more.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 21:57 Quote
kiplings wrote:

Cheers!

To me it’s well worth the extra money for the Pro Race. Better brakes, drivetrain (carbon cranks), suspension and carbon rims for only 1.5k more. I think the two bikes have have huge value are the Cabon Comp and Pro Race. The Pro seems over priced to me. But that’s just me.

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
I got the pro and have now spent over a grand upgrading it. Might have been better getting the Pro race after all!

I've fitted a can creek IL coil (Love it!), installed a fox transfer dropper and bought (not installed yet) the Pike 150 air shaft. I'm also thinking of upgrading to coil.

I've been really unimpressed with the Rockshox suspension, perhaps the fox stuff would have been better??

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 4:25 Quote
Thanks for the replies everyone...still undecided! lol But do want to order one ASAP.

I think that's actually my main thought, what the fox is going to be like compared to the coil.

I know with the previous jeffsy people seemed to love it, Pab80 , was is the latest Jeffsy with the coil? Does it bob much on pedalling, and especially standing up/sprinting!?

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
I've had my CF Pro for a little over a month. For me, it was a choice between the Comp and the Pro. I decided to blow past my budget for the Pro because:

- I'm a big dude (230) and the wheels on the Comp version sounded like they were gonna be throwaways
- really wanted to SRAM Eagle drivetrain
- Pike seemed like a big upgrade over the Fox 34, especially for my fat ass

Very happy with the CF Pro so far, with the following exceptions:
- saddle is horrible. Rode once and replaced.
- e13 dropper post sucks. It hasn't worked reliably since day 1
- e13 tires aren't great. the release unpredictably on corners

I'm gonna replace that dropper post with a PNW components as soon as I catch up from my bike purchase. Had one on my last bike and it was great, and relatively inexpensive. I'm also going to upgrade to a rear coil at some point, but I don't "need" to do that any time soon.

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 1:37 Quote
Yeah, latest Jeffsy. Got it in Feb this year.It bobs a little bit while pedalling but not too much. The Climb switch helps though but it isn’t like a full lockout. Even the RS monarch bobbed but it did have a full lockout lever which was good. Can’t comment on sprinting but I can say I haven’t noticed it when sprinting hard. I’ve heard the fox is better than the RS but I’m guessing the coil will still rule.

If you have techy, rooty climbs, the traction with the coil is insane!

kiplings wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone...still undecided! lol But do want to order one ASAP.

I think that's actually my main thought, what the fox is going to be like compared to the coil.

I know with the previous jeffsy people seemed to love it, Pab80 , was is the latest Jeffsy with the coil? Does it bob much on pedalling, and especially standing up/sprinting!?

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
I found my shock rebound was too open...turned it a few clicks to where it just levels off while riding and bouncing slightly...Bob is under control and shock performs mucho bettero overall...

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you know how many volume spacers are stock in the 2019 Jeffsy cf pro both in the Pike rct3 and rockshox delux?

I just got the bike and I'm waiting for the rain to stop to test ride Smile

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
Chishay91 wrote:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you know how many volume spacers are stock in the 2019 Jeffsy cf pro both in the Pike rct3 and rockshox delux?

One in each.

Edit: that's what YT told me on the phone. Just replaced airshaft to go to 150mm today and there were two. So who knows how many there are in the rear, I ditched the Deluxe for a Topaz too fast to ever find out haha.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
Chishay91 wrote:
Hey guys,

Think I had 2 in the pike and one in the shock.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
Thanks for the replies. It seems that with the stock volume spacers it rides perfectly so I won't be adding any Smile

So far I replaced the tires to a maxxis minion dhf/dhr2 and the saddle to a wider WTB silverado. I'm loving how the bike rides Big Grin

Although, today when riding, I encountered a problem with the dropper post. It doesn't stay down in the fully dropped position and goes back up to the half way. Has anyone encountered this issue or can think of a solution?

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
Chishay91 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. It seems that with the stock volume spacers it rides perfectly so I won't be adding any Smile

So far I replaced the tires to a maxxis minion dhf/dhr2 and the saddle to a wider WTB silverado. I'm loving how the bike rides Big Grin

Although, today when riding, I encountered a problem with the dropper post. It doesn't stay down in the fully dropped position and goes back up to the half way. Has anyone encountered this issue or can think of a solution?

Idk what post you have but try flipping your bike upside down and cycle through the dropper post motion slowly a few times works for me every time I just do it before every ride now!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.013334
Mobile Version of Website