YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 22:41 Quote
I have a 2019 CF Pro... I want to put a 160mm travel fork on it from the 140 it has. I have continued to get the corporate answer from different guys at YT about how the 29” model is only rated and tested to 150. I’m also going to push the rear to 150mm.

Who has put a 160mm travel fork on the front and how does it ride? I’m nervous I’m going to mess the frame up, but don’t know if 150mm is worth it if I play it safe.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
Sneads wrote:
I have a 2019 CF Pro... I want to put a 160mm travel fork on it from the 140 it has. I have continued to get the corporate answer from different guys at YT about how the 29” model is only rated and tested to 150. I’m also going to push the rear to 150mm.

Who has put a 160mm travel fork on the front and how does it ride? I’m nervous I’m going to mess the frame up, but don’t know if 150mm is worth it if I play it safe.

I've bumped up my pike to 160mm and it feels great. Will also bring the rear to 150mm.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 23:25 Quote
Sneads wrote:
aribr wrote:
Just built this thing up... Pretty pleased with how it turned out. Maiden ride this weekend!

Hey.. how has this been riding w the fox 36 on it? What are the specs? Large frame? Are you running 150 or 160+ mm travel. Curious to see how it rides if you are using 160mm.

I prefer the 36 a lot over the 34 but I never rode this bike with the 34, I made the swap as soon as I got it. For me, fork stiffness is a big deal. I'm running 150mm.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
Just watched Cam Zink build his Jeffsy 29 yesterday and he runs a 160mm 36.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 6:11 Quote
Sneads wrote:
Bigpife55 wrote:
Hmmm okay. I’m starting to lean more towards medium. Thanks guys!

Hey, I was in the same boat as you but I’m 5’10”... I ended up going with the large because the medium was a little too crammed w the reach. The seat is way lay lower than other models which makes it nice. I wanted the medium to be able to maneuver the bike a little easier but went large Cause it felt better... w that said, if I was your height and hard normal arms, not go go gadget arms, I would have gone w the medium. Hope this helps.

I'm 5'9" but I have a nearly 6' wing span and a 32" inseam and the YT guys suggested I go with a large, which feels just right to me. I don't feel stretched out at all.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
Wale wrote:

Are you talking about the video on his YouTube channel of him building the bike? That was a 650b jeffsy he was building up where the recommended fork travel is 150mm or 160mm and the 29er is 140 or 150. Going beyond that could put excess stress on the head tube.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
Wale wrote:

Are you talking about the video on his YouTube channel of him building the bike? That was a 650b jeffsy he was building up where the recommended fork travel is 150mm or 160mm and the 29er is 140 or 150. Going beyond that could put excess stress on the head tube.

Yes, that one. Didn't realize it was a 650b.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
aribr wrote:
Sneads wrote:
aribr wrote:
Just built this thing up... Pretty pleased with how it turned out. Maiden ride this weekend!

Hey.. how has this been riding w the fox 36 on it? What are the specs? Large frame? Are you running 150 or 160+ mm travel. Curious to see how it rides if you are using 160mm.

I prefer the 36 a lot over the 34 but I never rode this bike with the 34, I made the swap as soon as I got it. For me, fork stiffness is a big deal. I'm running 150mm.

Ok great, yeah I need to make the decision but I think 150mm might be the safe bet.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
Wale wrote:

There's this guy on youtube who won his first gen jeffsy cf pro who runs a coil and a fox 36 160 travel up front.
Here's the link you can check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD88SMiS1aM

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 18:36 Quote
ibis09 wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:
Wale wrote:

There's this guy on youtube who won his first gen jeffsy cf pro who runs a coil and a fox 36 160 travel up front.

Here's the link you can check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=KD88SMiS1aM

Trail Peek

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 22:46 Quote
Hey guys!
I'm thinking about replacing the stock rear shock on a 2017 YT Jeffsy cf. I had a Cane Creek db coil inline in mind as a replacement.
Can anyone pls advise me regarding stroke length (2,25?) and spring weight. I weigh about 180 pounds kitted up and ride mostly aggressive trail/enduro.

Any other ideas for replacement shock?

cheers, Andreas

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
astraboy1 wrote:
Hey guys!
I'm thinking about replacing the stock rear shock on a 2017 YT Jeffsy cf. I had a Cane Creek db coil inline in mind as a replacement.
Can anyone pls advise me regarding stroke length (2,25?) and spring weight. I weigh about 180 pounds kitted up and ride mostly aggressive trail/enduro.

cheers, Andreas

Stock shock is 200 x 57 and as per spring you’d want a 2.5” coil rated for 450lbs if you weigh 180lbs.The dB coil in-line is manufactured in that stroke and definitely a good choice. So is the fox DH X2, DVO jade, Öhlins coil shock or cane creek dB coil cs (with piggyback).

Pretty much all coil shocks are great on that bike.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
astraboy1 wrote:
Hey guys!

cheers, Andreas

Stock shock is 200 x 57 and as per spring you’d want a 2.5” coil rated for 450lbs if you weigh 180lbs.The dB coil in-line is manufactured in that stroke and definitely a good choice. So is the fox DH X2, DVO jade, Öhlins coil shock or cane creek dB coil cs (with piggyback).

Yeah, I'm liking the CC db inline coil cuz of the lesser weight. But for me this is all theoretical. Only experience with coil shocks is from my DH-bike and there I don't worry about weight. How would a coil shock with a piggy back differ from one without?

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 1:03 Quote
astraboy1 wrote:
nateisgrate wrote:
astraboy1 wrote:
Hey guys!

cheers, Andreas

Yeah, I'm liking the CC db inline coil cuz of the lesser weight. But for me this is all theoretical. Only experience with coil shocks is from my DH-bike and there I don't worry about weight. How would a coil shock with a piggy back differ from one without?

Shocks with a piggyback can provide lots of benefits. However, depending on how you ride and what you ride they may be more beneficial to some people than others.

Here’s a great article that provides some of the benefits of a piggyback shock https://bouncecycles.co.uk/piggyback-v-non-piggyback-shocks/

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
tallpaul-s wrote:
Turns out the tracking site on my PC is completely fine, but on my mobile it shows nothing. Weird.

Edit: cleared cookies/cache on chrome on mobile, and it's back.

Current status is:

Fr, 13.09.2019 01:56 Hagen, Germany
The shipment has been processed in the destination parcel center

I'm guessing it'll get to the UK on Monday, a day to get processed then be sent to my the main DHL hub, then a day to go To my local depot then out for delivery, so Wednesday/Thursday. Maybe Tuesday if I'm lucky.

God Damn, they don't make it easy tracking shipments...

Found an old post which gave a UK DHL tracking page, as my bike tracking had stopped in Germany on Friday, and... It's being delivered tomorrow!! Eek Big Grin

This is the link once it's left Germany: https://track.dhlparcel.co.uk/

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009795
Mobile Version of Website